***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
This team has been smoke and mirrors all year. Definite major recruiting holes need filling. Proud of the effort by the defense up front. Secondary is just a **** show at this point. We were out talented today. It's all Georgia ever does when they're good.

Mullen is a wizard of play calling, now we need to recruit. I'd have taken 10-2 before the season without a second's hesitation.

Credit Georgia for playing a clean game too. I think we got their best game, which isn't surprising. Bye week after a humiliating loss.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Just another POS

Go take your broken record and post somewhere else. If you were even remotely constructive in your trashing of this team you might be sufferable. But you’re not. You bring NOTHING to the conversation. You did the same shyt in the Vandy game thread.

And don’t bother responding, I’ve put your immature vitriol on ignore.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Felipe is not a championship caliber QB.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
The Gators really have heart this year it's great to say they are really tough. Mistake-prone but tough that goal line stand was unbelievable! Although he has improved this year under Dan Mullen I'm still not a believer in Feleipe Franks and a couple of turnovers today really hurt. but I can without question say this team is coming back and with a few more players and some better discipline they can be back up top in the SEC again battling Alabama like 10 years ago.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Felipe is not a championship caliber QB.
It's a glowing example of what can happen to a kid that comes into a program with an incompetent and lazy coaching staff. He got thrown out there without the skill set he needed early in his career and was never able to recover and that stench was stuck to him today. No matter how much Mullens does with him he will always have that stench, the subtle but crippling self doubt and lack of confidence. He seems to just sit around and wait for something bad to happen, you can see it in his demeanor. Even when he makes a good play it's like he's just waiting for it to unravel. It would have been interesting to have seen what Mullen could have done with him earlier as a true freshman but I don't think he was ever going to be an elite QB.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Got the meat in the smoker, chili in the Crock Pot and Beer on ice..... I'm pumped!!!!!!!

It's not about hating Jajaw to me, it's about loving my Gators!

The ribs were great, the chili was a big hit and the Beer was Ice Cold!

The game was frustrating and the outcome sucks!

But it's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Tough loss but clearly demonstrates we are now in the conversation. Many threads since preseason stated we could not play with all these Georgia 5 stars. It was going to be an epic blowout. Well for 3 qtrs and despite several major mistakes we were right there. They are a better team....right now.

I really like the way we are coached and the way these kids buy in. They consistently play better than they are.

But if we can hang with them with our “worst roster in decades” the future is very bright.

I predicted 9-3 with a bowl win. I just pray to God if we do lose a 3rd game it’s not to the Noles.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The Gators really have heart this year it's great to say they are really tough. Mistake-prone but tough that goal line stand was unbelievable! Although he has improved this year under Dan Mullen I'm still not a believer in Feleipe Franks and a couple of turnovers today really hurt. but I can without question say this team is coming back and with a few more players and some better discipline they can be back up top in the SEC again battling Alabama like 10 years ago.
Next year's team likely won't be more talented than this one, and quite possibly less depending on Junior departures. I expect another loss this year and a similar record next year. 9-3 +/- a bowl win is what we look like we will be for awhile. Not bad. In fact, sort of good, just not good enough.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Franks just can;t see it?

Bet it's a brain flaw that disallows Franks to quickly categorize things in his visual field.
Johnson/Mullen need to develop Franks' accuracy, his touch, his search-vision, etc = good QB traits. or take on another QB with more ability to develop. Dang, that one INT, Franks threw it right into the gut of a red uniform ??

Zuniga & Joseph were all-stars today. But, many D-players just couldn't keep up the run stoppage.
Our lack of pass rush killed us today, too. Still, the good guys played with valid intensity.
The hard-luck of turnovers derailed us. We're just a team with too little CFB development.
I can see that development ongoing, coming our way. The boys are working hard at learning big-time CFB, at climbing out of the hole McNuss put them in. Correct teamwork still needs developing, how to pull together.
So, just like what our players had to suffer today, us fans have to suffer through = growing pains.
UF's player development just gonna take more time. The boys played very hard today.

Today was horrible to watch because we had hope for a win.
This coach-staff will teach these guys from these films.
Most likely the future must start now.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Next year's team likely won't be more talented than this one, and quite possibly less depending on Junior departures. I expect another loss this year and a similar record next year. 9-3 +/- a bowl win is what we look like we will be for awhile. Not bad. In fact, sort of good, just not good enough.
Fair points. But if Frank's is say 20% better next year then that will help a lot he can't be making mistakes like he made today this was a winnable game. then if the offense of line is 20% better next year then they will be able to run the ball great like usa last year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Fair points. But if Frank's is say 20% better next year then that will help a lot he can't be making mistakes like he made today this was a winnable game. then if the offense of line is 20% better next year then they will be able to run the ball great like usa last year.
We have 3 seniors starting on the O-line. O-line likely takes a big hit and will be relying on underclassmen with very little experience. D line is losing Jefferson. Clark is also a senior but hasn't done a lot this year. But the D-line is loaded with Juniors. If Polite and Zuniga bolt we are looking at rebuilds of both lines.

It's a very popular myth that every time something doesn't go our way it's because Mac's players suck and we will be so much better with DM's guys. I expect us to be a 9-3 type team under Mullen unless somehow he and his staff all of a sudden become elite recruiters.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
**** Georgia. **** Evander Holyfield and his half eaten ear headbutting self.

Franks had a pretty bad game. His turnovers led to 6 points and maybe cost us scoring some points too. Scarlett's turnover led to 7 points. Jones fumble killed a drive. Offense had no problem moving the ball except for stepping on their own dingdong. Defense looked great at moments then horrible in other moments. They got waxed in the 2nd half except for that goal line stand. Fromm's jersey was just as clean at the end of the game as it was at the beginning. Open UGA WR all over the field. Everyone will remember that goal line stand but I can't forget the 3 TD drives that UGA put on them in the 2nd half that put the game away. Yes, Franks looked bad and there is something to be said about that, but the whole team didn't really play that great.

Last edited:

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Ok, some quick off the top summary:

1. The turnovers killed us particularly the one at the goal line
2. Injuries and suspensions to our Dbs killed us. We need depth there
3. Franks reverted to the mean. I hope we have other options for next year
4. Because of injuries to Henderson we could not blitz since we could not press one-to-oneo
5. Our running was pretty good, something to build one, except for the fumble.

I see so much progress, a 10 win season is still very possible. That missed flea flicker to start the game was a killer, the next play was the scarlett fumble. The ill timed penalties , henderson injury...

This on team won 4 friggen games last year, this game today was closer than the score indicated. I thought we could hang with ugay as long as we didnt hurt ourselves. So we gotta clean up the stupidity. Go Gators! In mullen i trust

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.