***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UGA***

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Who used to post the Fv@% Georgia post and it started back during the GSMB days??

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How about posting a pic of that shirt?

Will do. It's at home. I'm at work. Later.

Also, another sartorial component. Being Jewish, I go to synagogue in the morning (remember, our Sabbath is on Saturday), and of course watch the game on TV (unless we actually go, which we did in 14 and 16, both wins). Unlike churches, most Jewish men who go to synagogue services wear coat and tie (women wear dresses). What do you think I wear on THAT morning? That's right, my Orange and Blue striped tie. My Orange and Blue yarmulke (the skull cap we wear).

Now get a load of this - my brother-in-law (yes, I know I've probably posted this before) was the "Jewish Bulldog." Louis Freedman played starting DT for Erk Russell and Dooley in the 77 and 78 seasons. I actually saw him play before I met my wife, and didn't know he was even playing. So on the day of the 06 game was his son's Bar-Mitzvah. Everyone in synagogue was handed Red and Black yarmulkes. Being a sport, I wore that on my head. But I wore my O&B tie. Everyone, from the Rabbi on down, got a kick out of that.

That night was Matthew's Bar Mitzvah party. It was billed as a "Red and Black tailgate party" at our Jewish Community Center here. Naturally, a lot of the Bulldogs in attendance (and there are a LOT of them) were a bit downcast because we had won. Since I didn't own anything Red and Black, and we had won, I wore my Blue Gators sweatshirt. My niece (daughter of my wife's other brother) also went to UF, she wore the same. I remember my late mother-in-law criticizing me for having the nerve to wear O&B. Although my younger son was a freshman Bulldog, I didn't own anything Red and Black, so I told her since we won, I was going to wear my sweatshirt. Since I teach at what was then Armstrong State University (we have been consolidated into Georgia Southern) I guess I would have worn my ASU sweatshirt (maroon and yellow, kind like Arizona State - same initials) had we lost. But I also wanted to rub it in.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Will do. It's at home. I'm at work. Later.

Also, another sartorial component. Being Jewish, I go to synagogue in the morning (remember, our Sabbath is on Saturday), and of course watch the game on TV (unless we actually go, which we did in 14 and 16, both wins). Unlike churches, most Jewish men who go to synagogue services wear coat and tie (women wear dresses). What do you think I wear on THAT morning? That's right, my Orange and Blue striped tie. My Orange and Blue yarmulke (the skull cap we wear).

Now get a load of this - my brother-in-law (yes, I know I've probably posted this before) was the "Jewish Bulldog." Louis Freedman played starting DT for Erk Russell and Dooley in the 77 and 78 seasons. I actually saw him play before I met my wife, and didn't know he was even playing. So on the day of the 06 game was his son's Bar-Mitzvah. Everyone in synagogue was handed Red and Black yarmulkes. Being a sport, I wore that on my head. But I wore my O&B tie. Everyone, from the Rabbi on down, got a kick out of that.

That night was Matthew's Bar Mitzvah party. It was billed as a "Red and Black tailgate party" at our Jewish Community Center here. Naturally, a lot of the Bulldogs in attendance (and there are a LOT of them) were a bit downcast because we had won. Since I didn't own anything Red and Black, and we had won, I wore my Blue Gators sweatshirt. My niece (daughter of my wife's other brother) also went to UF, she wore the same. I remember my late mother-in-law criticizing me for having the nerve to wear O&B. Although my younger son was a freshman Bulldog, I didn't own anything Red and Black, so I told her since we won, I was going to wear my sweatshirt. Since I teach at what was then Armstrong State University (we have been consolidated into Georgia Southern) I guess I would have worn my ASU sweatshirt (maroon and yellow, kind like Arizona State - same initials) had we lost. But I also wanted to rub it in.

You're a Gator mensch.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Who used to post the Fv@% Georgia post and it started back during the GSMB days??

One of the members of our Savannah Gator Club, Tom Buttram, had a post that included a long article about the game. I'll have to find it. Tom has since left Savannah and moved to Crawfordville, FL. As an aside, he DID evacuate b/c Crawfordville was in Michael's path and he's OK. I think his home is OK, too.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just scored my tickets, I will be there with the family. Go Gators and **** the dwags.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the members of our Savannah Gator Club, Tom Buttram, had a post that included a long article about the game. I'll have to find it. Tom has since left Savannah and moved to Crawfordville, FL. As an aside, he DID evacuate b/c Crawfordville was in Michael's path and he's OK. I think his home is OK, too.
Friends with Tom on Facebook. He made a post the other day and it didn't sound like his property was in great shape, at least his property in Port St. Joe. But he is ok.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I just feel like this season will be a success if we beat the dawgs. A season with wins over Vols, Puppies & Noles would be great.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
A season with wins over Vols, Puppies & Noles would be THE BEST.

After we beat the Dwags, this should be the title of its own thread the week before Thanksgiving - with full credit to Bruce.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I just feel like this season will be a success if we beat the dawgs. A season with wins over Vols, Puppies & Noles would be great.

Who are these “dawgs” you speak of? Join us in spelling the name of those leg humpers as d-W-a-g-s. Dwags.

upload_2018-10-15_19-45-9.jpeg

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've witnessed both sides of the pendulum with this series... Go Gators!!

9ec369b.jpg

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
We are playing with house money and we really have nothing to lose (other than it being UGAy). We should be looser than t-gator's mom's vagina. However, UGAy has to win this game. Their entire season rests on this game. They are gonna be playing tighter than... Gern's vagina.

Last edited:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, on a personal note, Herschel running all over our butts, man about boys those few years, was quite depressing viewing. Lindsey was the dagger, that sudden death. I have an aversion to black and red polyester. An ambush by us would be nice. The great talent recruiting discrepancy takes center stage. We have enough weapons, the D has it in them, STs stay clutch, Go Gators!!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
This was the play that relieved all the ill of the Walker era, even sweeter that it was same direction on the field the Scott play went.....

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
F V C K them all. F v c k Richt, Herschel, Larry Munson, Deborah Norville, Lindsey Scott (f v c k him twice), Buck Belue, Goldberg, Vince Dooley (and all of his family, friends and neighbors), Quincy Carter, Frank Sinkwich, Lewis Grizzard, R.E.M. and the B-52's, David Pollack, Uga (every last flea bitten one), Wally Butts, Jake Scott, Champ Bailey, Newman ("Hello Newman"), Charley Trippi, the Athens City Council, Garrison Hearst, all Stinchcombs, Ray Goff, Will Muschamp, Alton Brown, Pat Dye, John Isner, Fran Tarkenton, anyone who wears red and black, Kim Basinger, Terrell Davis, Kirby Smart, Charles Herty, Jim Donnan, Ryan Seacrest, Jarvis Jones, Chip Beck, Knowson Moreno, Kevin Butler, Bubba Watson, Mark Schlabach, Catfish Smith, Dominique Wilkins, and Pop Warner. Yes, f v c k them all.

:chomp:

Edit: save your likes for if/when 812 shows and posts this himself. I just couldn’t wait.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we can run against them to open up the quick passes, I like our chances. I don't think they're that good but obviously they don't have to be - they just have to be better than us in two weeks. Will be an interesting game. Absolutely no room for antics like we saw from Vosean.

Slightly concerned by the lack of pressure we saw for most of the game against Vandy. We've got to rattle Fromm early and force him into some mistakes.
They have chinks in their armor. They are beatable. Mullen > Smart (sic)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb