***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

If UF loses to UT, what is your most likely reaction?

• Anger

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Sadness

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Apathy

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Coach Pruitt said he was really impressed with Coach Mullen and the rest of the staff like Grantham and said they had our program ahead of where he thought it would be at this point.

Right Coach P(enis), Pull this leg and it plays Jingle Bells.
:jerkit:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is it time to drop the play action pass from our playbook? Nobody is getting fooled and it is taking valuable time away from the QB looking the defense over and this particular QB needs all the time in the world. While the QB has his back turned, you can take advantage of it with a corner blitz.

Yeah but Franks needs that RB dropping by to tell him where the play goes.
Franks needs to be a different QB, anybody.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You said what has been in the back of my mind awhile. That would be incredible. If we had a back who the other team had to always respect our passing game would improve immensely (fingers crossed)
good grief. You two are like the dorks repeating "debose is the next Percy!!!"

Look, we may win, maybe we even look great doing it and pound them. But talking about anyone on this team like they're the next Danny, Percy, emmitt or any other legend is borderline insane.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Look, we may win, maybe we even look great doing it and pound them. But talking about anyone on this team like they're the next Danny, Percy, emmitt or any other legend is borderline insane.

Insane to think Pierce may be a top shelf back? Got it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm gonna let him at least earn a starting spot before I annoint him the second coming of the best RB we ever had. But hey, y'all do y'all.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Yep, once there's a great back who once himself was a yet-discovered star... well that can't occur again.
... and I think Marine 1 broke all the high school records for sarcasm.

destingator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Not really sure what to think about this game. I definitely think we CAN and SHOULD beat Tennesse, but will we? I really don't know. I don't have much faith in Franks to be able to pull off a win against any SEC team on the road. Hopefully, they surprise me and shut those fools up.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I see a sloppy defensive game, could go either way. I’ll be surprised if Franks don’t struggle, but I think we’ll rely on the RB’s and our defense and special teams will be the difference.

UF16
Tenn 13

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I'm gonna let him at least earn a starting spot before I annoint him the second coming of the best RB we ever had. But hey, y'all do y'all.

cover2 has been ringing the bells for Pierce way before anyone else on this board as i recall.

I attended nearly every home game that the 3 greatest RBs and the 2 greatest QBs UF ever had played in. Emmitt is my all time favorite Gator great.

With the exception of Smith, and maybe Rhett, those guys spent their freshman seasons in largely supporting roles, yet still managed to impact games in big ways. And you could tell when they all were freshmen that bigger things were coming. In the case of Smith and Rhett, they were on less talented squads as freshmen that sorely needed their contributions.

Perine and Scarlett are deeper into the playbook than Pierce, they are good RBs, and they are older, so he is in the same place other greats started from. Nevertheless, his teammates say he is a great learner and picking things up like a sponge. And, like Tim, he's considered one of the strongest players on the team. And like Smith and 1992 Eric Rhett, he is on a team with a little less talent across the board than other Gator squads.

We need a spark.

Pierce has it.

A lot of his HS stats parallel Smith's. Both rushed for over 2000 yds in a season twice. Smith averaged 7.8 ypc, Pierce averaged 7.2 ypc. Both fumbled six times in HS. Smith scored 106 TDs, Pierce 95. Smith played in 49 games, Pierce in 46. Smith averaged 2.16 TDs a game, Pierce 2.06.

Smith had 8804 yds on 1144 rushing attempts, Pierce had 6779 on 942 rushing attempts. If you give Pierce the extra 202 carries Smith got in HS at Pierce's 7.2 ypc avg, and also add in the 571 yds Pierce got receiving in HS, his totals from scrimmage come out to, I kid you not, 8804 yards. 8804.4 to be precise.

If Dan can find a way in his offense to exploit Pierce's mix of measureables and intangibles, Pierce can be a great one. Sadly, I'm not convinced this offense is built for a showcase RB. It's built for a showcase QB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope you guys are right about Pierce, but I doubt you are. We’ve been down that road too many times.

I suppose if he was to actually get off the bench and play, we could learn a lot more.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's less bad to have a player that fails his HC than to have an HC that fails his playersPiercevis our total yards leader, 165 in 14 carries. He's averaged 11.6 ypc while being the RB with the least CFB experience. All this behind a "can't block" OL.?? We get better surer, faster being an RB team using Pierce most, Perrine next (7.6 ypc). then Scarlett. We make be seeing Franks become a high ypc ball carrier each game. If opposing defense starts compressing & DBs drive in to support run defense our QB could improve completions % = 10-15%? IMO that's the way to go, Where's my $6 mill?

Last edited:

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I think we win and I think maybe we see Pierce break on the scene like Emmitt in his freshman year.

I agree. As a group, Gator fans in general are suffering from the Cassandra syndrome: all we see of the future is despair and ruin. Despite all the problems, I believe we are making progress - slow and frequently painful to be sure, but progress none the less. Incidentally, I had the great pleasure of being present for Emmitt's breakout game against Bama in B'ham. A great performance by Pierce would come like mana from Heaven

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
It's less bad to have a player that fails his HC than to have an HC that fails his playersPiercevis our total yards leader, 165 in 14 carries. He's averaged 11.6 ypc while being the RB with the least CFB experience. All this behind a "can't block" OL.?? We get better surer, faster being an RB team using Pierce most, Perrine next (7.6 ypc). then Scarlett. We make be seeing Franks become a high ypc ball carrier each game. If opposing defense starts compressing & DBs drive in to support run defense our QB could improve completions % = 10-15%? IMO that's the way to go, Where's my $6 mill?
Check's in the mail. Don't forget my consultant's fee.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I think the D will play highly motivated by the poor showing vs UK. I believe we'll shut down their run game for the most part and we win this one by two TDs. 31-17
Sounds about right to me. I'm calling it 31-13 just to be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb