***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

If UF loses to UT, what is your most likely reaction?

• Anger

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Sadness

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Apathy

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
There's a difference in saying "I think Pierce is going to be a good RB for us" and "I think Pierce is going to be the next Emmitt Smith".

That goes beyond optimism.

So you didn’t detect the Dr Evil reference? (Replace “optimism” with “failure”). I was going to post a pic, but had trouble attaching it while on my phone.

Maybe a bit over the top, but Marine didn’t go full JBoss. Besides, Pierce might be the biggest source of highlights vs the rest of the team so far.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There's a difference in saying "I think Pierce is going to be a good RB for us" and "I think Pierce is going to be the next Emmitt Smith".

That goes beyond optimism.

I think maybe ....we see Pierce breakout as a freshman similar to how Emmitt did....is well within an acceptable range of optimism for all except those who do not believe Pierce is top shelf back and/or those who refuse to be optimistic about any Gator ever.

How did Emmitt do it....came off the bench for a couple of games then was given an opportunity against Alabama and took full advantage.

I think maybe....Pierce “could” have a similar impact.

And I have never joined the Scarlett sucks crowd. I like him and believe if we get him 20 carries he gets us 100+ yards. I just don’t think he has the “it” factor Pierce has.

I have far more confidence in Pierce than most on this board apparently. And it has little to do with his mop up duty in 2 games. A little research will show I have been talking him up on here since he committed. I think he is going to be special. I get the feeling that some of you see him more in the vain if Earnest Graham. A steady hard nosed workmanlike back. I see more. We’ll all see in due time exactly what he is.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Keep the faith Marine1. They'll come around and be like:

4wN.gif

And we'll be like:

jamesb2i22929292992.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Just some guesses on that. This offense has a decent amount of moving parts for the RBs, so maybe if it were as simple as handing him the football in a down-hill more traditional offense, he'd see the field more. But anything option related can get blown up with one missed assignment. He also may still not be acclimated to hanging onto the ball when getting hit at this level. Could be coughing it up in practice. Again, just speculation, and I've actually missed most of his big plays. But I do think he probably has the highest ceiling, especially with Davis' tendency to get hurt. It's early. Harvin had 7 touches through 3 games in his rookie season.
Now that Scarlett has learned (is learning) to block, it should be great influence on Pierce to learn. Caught some in HS. In time he could be a complete back.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not to get in the way of your disparaging all things Gator let me point out my post you find so absurd says: “ I think maybe......”

Not “he has” or “he will” or anything else absolute.

But yes I do strongly believe sooner or later he is going to get the call and have a breakout game.

Good to have you around to make sure we never get too excited as fans about anything or anyone. Your misery balances our excitement.

And I must concede to your point. All we really know at this point is Pierce is a 4th string back who has not earned the confidence of his coach or fan base but has been ok on special teams. Until he proves otherwise that’s all he’ll ever be. Thanks for keeping us grounded.
you're welcome.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I just find it hard to believe that with our offense struggling this badly that he wouldn't be playing a lot more if he was an obvious future NFL HOF running back. I know he's young and has things to learn, but come on. The coaches aren't seeing what you are at this point, unless they are complete idiots - and they get to see him in practice every day.

You obviously are a Pierce and Gator hater.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Well the all mighty Dooley and Andreu over at the mullet wrapper aka Gainesville Sun, has us losing so why are we playing the game

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think maybe ....we see Pierce breakout as a freshman similar to how Emmitt did....is well within an acceptable range of optimism for all except those who do not believe Pierce is top shelf back and/or those who refuse to be optimistic about any Gator ever.

How did Emmitt do it....came off the bench for a couple of games then was given an opportunity against Alabama and took full advantage.

I think maybe....Pierce “could” have a similar impact.

And I have never joined the Scarlett sucks crowd. I like him and believe if we get him 20 carries he gets us 100+ yards. I just don’t think he has the “it” factor Pierce has.

I have far more confidence in Pierce than most on this board apparently. And it has little to do with his mop up duty in 2 games. A little research will show I have been talking him up on here since he committed. I think he is going to be special. I get the feeling that some of you see him more in the vain if Earnest Graham. A steady hard nosed workmanlike back. I see more. We’ll all see in due time exactly what he is.
What's wrong with he looks pretty damn good so far, and we are looking forward to seeing what he can do with more carries?

Not sure where you got off on this tangent that you are a secret scout who discovered him, and the rest of us think he sucks and should be 4th string.

We're loaded at RB which we already knew, and with Davis getting hurt, we should definitely see more of Pierce. I honestly don't care who it is, but I want to see Franks run less and the backs run more.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well the all mighty Dooley and Andreu over at the mullet wrapper aka Gainesville Sun, has us losing so why are we playing the game
It says a lot about the state of the program when the SID parrots a suggesting we will likely be 0-8.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
:lmao2: We hired Dan Mullinz. The QB run will be half the offense, no matter what.
I'm hoping someone is in his ear saying "look numbnuts/Mark Stoops bich, if you like that 6.1 million a year you might want to make a few changes including letting your RB's and WR's do more, and Franks do way less". I can dream can't I?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm hoping someone is in his ear saying "look numbnuts/Mark Stoops bich, if you like that 6.1 million a year you might want to make a few changes including letting your RB's and WR's do more, and Franks do way less". I can dream can't I?
You can dream, but youre talking about a moron who had Chris Leak running the option for 2 years.

leogator

May 5, 2018
On the other hand Franks has a choice of handing the ball to the RB instead of running it himself based on reading the DE. If you were the defense, wouldn't you want the QB who is not a running QB to run it? Although I would think that Franks' 5.5 ypc average is not half bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On the other hand Franks has a choice of handing the ball to the RB instead of running it himself based on reading the DE. If you were the defense, wouldn't you want the QB who is not a running QB to run it? Although I would think that Franks' 5.5 ypc average is not half bad.
Franks isn't doing that many designed runs for a Mullen offense. Only like 5 or 6 in each of the last 2 games but he does seem to hand the ball off about every time the DE is in that position where he really hasn't crashed fully but has moved inside some. I am sure Fitzgerald would have been keeping the ball on some of those. Maybe its by design to limit Franks carries some.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the thread back during pre-season camp asking which player you were most excited to see this season I said ‘Pierce’ despite him being a true freshman and the wealth of RBs we had. Yep, tooting my own horn.
:bart:

Note: C2s opinion may have influenced my choice, maybe....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.