***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs UT***

If UF loses to UT, what is your most likely reaction?

• Anger

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • Sadness

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Apathy

Votes: 30 41.1%

• Total voters

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
In the thread back during pre-season camp asking which player you were most excited to see this season I said ‘Pierce’ despite him being a true freshman and the wealth of RBs we had. Yep, tooting my own horn.
:bart:

Note: C2s opinion may have influenced my choice, maybe....

giphy.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the other hand Franks has a choice of handing the ball to the RB instead of running it himself based on reading the DE. If you were the defense, wouldn't you want the QB who is not a running QB to run it? Although I would think that Franks' 5.5 ypc average is not half bad.
Oh yeah, I would absolutely force him to keep it.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Franks isn't doing that many designed runs for a Mullen offense. Only like 5 or 6 in each of the last 2 games but he does seem to hand the ball off about every time the DE is in that position where he really hasn't crashed fully but has moved inside some. I am sure Fitzgerald would have been keeping the ball on some of those. Maybe its by design to limit Franks carries some.
11 carries against Kentucky, 7 against Colorado State.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
What's wrong with he looks pretty damn good so far, and we are looking forward to seeing what he can do with more carries?

Not sure where you got off on this tangent that you are a secret scout who discovered him, and the rest of us think he sucks and should be 4th string.

We're loaded at RB which we already knew, and with Davis getting hurt, we should definitely see more of Pierce. I honestly don't care who it is, but I want to see Franks run less and the backs run more.

I’m not a scout...secret or otherwise. The tangent was created some who felt my optimism was unwarranted. He will be a special player. He looks good so far and I look forward to seeing what he can do with more carries. I believe he will be a special player.

Last edited:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
On the other hand Franks has a choice of handing the ball to the RB instead of running it himself based on reading the DE. If you were the defense, wouldn't you want the QB who is not a running QB to run it? Although I would think that Franks' 5.5 ypc average is not half bad.
I’d run jet sweeps, draws, power, direct snaps (wild gator), hell go back to running dive 15 times a game. Anything to get the ball to the playmakers and out of FF’s hands quickly. Then when we get them on their heels, play action baby! TD Grimes, Jefferson, Cleveland, Pitts maybe? Probably not

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
In the thread back during pre-season camp asking which player you were most excited to see this season I said ‘Pierce’ despite him being a true freshman and the wealth of RBs we had. Yep, tooting my own horn.
:bart:

Note: C2s opinion may have influenced my choice, maybe....

I’m not sure if I answered but I think I would have said Toney and am a little disappointed he hasn’t been involved more. Pierce would be up there for me but thought he’d get buried on the depth chart. Scarlet has been meh so I hope he gets 10-15 touches this game

leogator

May 5, 2018
I’d run jet sweeps, draws, power, direct snaps (wild gator), hell go back to running dive 15 times a game. Anything to get the ball to the playmakers and out of FF’s hands quickly. Then when we get them on their heels, play action baby! TD Grimes, Jefferson, Cleveland, Pitts maybe? Probably not
I am all for it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, the book says that's what you do when you have a bad OL, get the ball moving outside quickly (away from the inside pressure) then quick hits up the middle when the defense starts cheating outside.

Instead, we run slow developing options with a rb fake and sometimes a jet fake too.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Well, the book says that's what you do when you have a bad OL, get the ball moving outside quickly (away from the inside pressure) then quick hits up the middle when the defense starts cheating outside.

Instead, we run slow developing options with a rb fake and sometimes a jet fake too.
Let's run some bubble screens:p! The ghost of Zaunbrecher shall rise again.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

That’s what I am thinking. I don’t know much about x and o’s other than what I’v learned from you guys, but I thought if your line is struggling with your schemes, well at least they are big asses and know right from left (probably) so getting them all running the same direction and giving the ball to your fastest guys seems pretty obvious. Hell, we should go Wild Gator several times a game just because it sounds so cool

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
There's a difference in saying "I think Pierce is going to be a good RB for us" and "I think Pierce is going to be the next Emmitt Smith".

That goes beyond optimism.
What are you saying? Emmits and Tebows don’t grow on tress?

Emmit and Tebow and Pierce, Oh My. Emmit and Tebow and Pierce, Oh My!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Surprised nobody's blaming the center. He's the one keeps putting the ball in Franks' hands?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
  1. stephenPE: 71° in Knoxville right now. 70° in Brooker. Who woulda thought its cooler here than there.
Face it, degrees don't make sense in Knoxville.

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
?
  1. Anger
  2. Sadness
  3. Apathy
  4. You allow nothing to steal your Joy! <<-- Nomad be like
singingintherain.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
?
  1. Anger
  2. Sadness
  3. Apathy
  4. You allow nothing to steal your Joy! <<-- Nomad be like

While it might not be the hap-hap-happiest Christmas since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny F'ing Kay, but our boys losing doesn't ruin my day. I take it harder when my kid's team loses, because I have a lot more personally invested in it. At the end of the day, it's diversion and entertainment. While I find it personally entertaining to get caught up in the thrill of these guys making amazing plays and joy when our boys win (and the total meltdown of other fan bases fans that are over-identifying with their team's performance) and don't think I would feel as entertained if I felt a share of their failure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.