***OFFICIAL GAME THREAD: UF vs. Vanderbilt***

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What’s all this talk about cold weather? It’s going to be 60 freaking degrees. Are people under the assumption that Nashville is somewhere near the Arctic Circle?

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Like most here, I expect a tight game and fear a loss. However, I started wondering what it would take for be UF to win in a blowout. This led to questions.
(1) Are our rushers likely to get to their QB as well as they did against LSU?
(2) Are their DBs likely to play man or zone? Will bubble screens be open?
(3) How likely is it that we rush for as many yards as we did against LSU?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What’s all this talk about cold weather? It’s going to be 60 freaking degrees. Are people under the assumption that Nashville is somewhere near the Arctic Circle?
When I lived in Florida, 60 was cold. 55 was unbearable.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, it looks like you were and are taking donk’s reply literally. Donk has no limits in his methods to take shots at anyone he doesn’t like (including the voles). Facts don’t matter to the Donk in a sports message board.

Careful, Swonkey is a serial niller.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Like most here, I expect a tight game and fear a loss. However, I started wondering what it would take for be UF to win in a blowout. This led to questions.
(1) Are our rushers likely to get to their QB as well as they did against LSU?
(2) Are their DBs likely to play man or zone? Will bubble screens be open?
(3) How likely is it that we rush for as many yards as we did against LSU?
I’m starting to feel the blowout coming as well. Thinking of laying a hefty bet on the Gators to cover.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Who's that guy?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"serial niller' = a person who one after another kills positive posts, making them nill.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Yep.
55 Florida temp is like 40 Missouri temp. Both suck--but at least you're in Florida. It's only going to get worse here.
I remember a lot of mornings in the 40's when I had early morning winter classes back at UF in the 80's. It's was effing too cold.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is a statement game for this team.

Do they come out focused and win easy or do they make this difficult?

Even Spurrier teams ('96) had their moments of down games vs. Vandy, but I'm not sure this team can afford to let down. If they come out and play with relentless effort it will say a lot about where they are mentally and how much they have grown since Kentucky.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I remember a lot of mornings in the 40's when I had early morning winter classes back at UF in the 80's. It's was effing too cold.

One of the biggest misconceptions about North Florida. Average low in Gville from December-February is low 40's, with it routinely dipping into the low 30's or even 20's. I've been to Fl/ga games in early November that were stupid cold. Now, it doesn't typically stick throughout the day like it does in northern states. But anything above Marion County and inland is a totally different climate from the rest of the state.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
One of the biggest misconceptions about North Florida. Average low in Gville from December-February is low 40's, with it routinely dipping into the low 30's or even 20's. I've been to Fl/ga games in early November that were stupid cold. Now, it doesn't typically stick throughout the day like it does in northern states. But anything above Marion County and inland is a totally different climate from the rest of the state.

Senior year (76-77) it SNOWED. Not a lot, just flurries. Still, I was walking back to frat house in my Army ROTC dress greens and was wondering what the protocol was for experiencing that atmospheric condition without a coat (it's that you just let your uniform get damp). Of course, by the time I became a 2LT later that year, I HAD a topcoat for my dress greens.

So yes, it can get pretty cold in N FL in the winter. I also remember that miserable loss to U Md in the 75 Gator Bowl, at night. We lost 13-0. It was really cold in Jax that night, damp, and really miserable (compounding it was the awful play of what was, to that time, one of the greatest Gator teams ever).

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
When the game is played during the season has been jerked around lately. For the first, say, 15 - 20 or so yrs of divisional play, it was ALWAYS the week after UGA, so it was often cool (or cold) up there in central TN.

Now who knows when it's played? This year in mid-October. Last year, late Sept, but it was at our place. Next year - back to the week after UGA, I just looked it up, it's Nov 9th.

And we've had quite a few of these noon ET starts up there lately. So our players have to be ready for an 11 am CT start. While I am sure we will win, several factors here make it into the possibility of a "trap game." If Mac were still the HC, I would say yes. But I think Dan has their heads on straight, and he'll have them ready.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Most here? :crazy:

I expect to beat the **** out of them. I think we're going to rush for 250+ yards.

The Commodores have no O. I don't even understand how we are only, what, a 9 pt favorite. Our defense will probably shut them out, and our offense will get it in gear and crush them. The final very well may look something like Gators 48, Commodores 0.

And BTW, I don't think I ran that quote function properly, :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb