***Official Game Tread*** Florida vs Vanderbilt

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I am just starting to watch the recording, but for being so bad we are in the game. So either we are not that bad or they are just as bad. I am very critical of mistakes, but I have seen teams win down 5 with not very much time left. Being behind a little does not mean you are dead.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I confess my severe defloorable ignorance of on-court basketball know-how ... but >>
>> 1) I've noticed when the opponent gets into their tight half court basket assault, our guarding defensive
player, stands "front & center" to the ball handler. Invariably, the guy beats ours to the inside and he gets a layup
or we foul in trailing desperation.

>>Here's my iggy questions >> "Why not guard cheating just enough to the basket side that it ensures that ball handler will only go toward the center-lane, where there is frontable help and nobody is beat. Seems to me, this lets your entire team know where the ball is going and their defense-readiness is at peak for exactly that. (Also, the play of our opponent is channeled such that we can over-concentrate practicing this advantage.)

2) Also, shouldn't some coach infuse Egbunu with "never bringing the ball down", instilling this via battering practices emphasizing the use of his "big-hands" death-grip. Seems, he'd have fewer TOs
as well as putting the opponent's big men in foul trouble.? (Also, I bet Egbunu could hit a higher % of FTs learning the Barry underhand method.) IMO, the resistance of tall players to shooting those underhanded is grounded in the nervousness of it being "not the way I've ever done all this time".

Go Gators, extend the lead during this 2nd half.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 43-38 at the under 16 timeout. Defense needs to start contesting shots like that last block from Hayes

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Officials as usual are bad and biased.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Shooting as usual way worse than a good team would have.l

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Florida up 47-42 at the under 12 timeout. We need to make some stops and then score to keep increasing the lead

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Officials as usual are bad and biased.
I don't think so. We haven't really gone inside much, and Vandy has been....especially this half. Only the goaltending from Robinson and his foul on a steal attempt have been bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator