Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
food-drink-eat-eating-eats_out-meal-chef-shrn228_low.jpg

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I'm sure you cooking snobs will cringe at this, but I made the best fish tacos with some flounder and redfish I caught today.

I batter and fried the fish, stuffed it in a taco shell with some lettuce, mater, cilantro, cheese, and salsa. It was delish.

Attachments

• 20160612_200127.jpg
    20160612_200127.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 269

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure you cooking snobs will cringe at this, but I made the best fish tacos with some flounder and redfish I caught today.

I batter and fried the fish, stuffed it in a taco shell with some lettuce, mater, cilantro, cheese, and salsa. It was delish.

Looking good TAG. Sounds like they would be good. I don't eat tomatoes so that would have to be off. Also, I prefer soft torts over crunchy.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
looks good to me tag. I'm not a big fan of salsa on fish for some reason. we blacked our fish for tacos and make a slaw with thin cole slaw and hibatchi type fish sauce. its great. where'd you slay the reds at?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Made sliced/cubed pork again. Long story short we went to the beach the other day, hit a hole in the wall BBQ joint right at 206 & a1a. fella named his bbq joint smokin' d's lol. cash only type place. It's soooo good but the last bite I took had a bad taste like it sat against the wall of the smoker all most. So I had to make my own...

5dc4a5a3ca89cc974cd163c82ac3d935.jpg

This is about 3/4 way through our snack on the way home. Very good pork, very good brisket.

36417ec7f98b184ce7b1b59a4d151a12.jpg

This is my wife's work... She ate her first plate just the pork with some sauce, I let her have a bite of my sammich and she had to make her own and said she'd make it as photogenic as possible.

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Looking good TAG. Sounds like they would be good. I don't eat tomatoes so that would have to be off. Also, I prefer soft torts over crunchy.
I have a lot of fish left and some soft shells as well. I'll make some with those tonight.

looks good to me tag. I'm not a big fan of salsa on fish for some reason. we blacked our fish for tacos and make a slaw with thin cole slaw and hibatchi type fish sauce. its great. where'd you slay the reds at?
I finally got out in the kayak to do some fishing for the first time this season. Fished Sisters Creek up near the mouth of the St John's. Caught a handful of reds from 17" up to 28" and a couple of flounder. I have video of the slayings but this place won't let me upload video. I guess I need to open a YouTube account.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I gotta go pick some tomorrow (blueberries) I have a field that borders the Santa Fe river down the road. The ladies name is Nancy Savage. She is a really nice person and the berries are usually damned good.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Continued conversation from the box a few days ago. I got my fans. I wanted them because my grill doesn't line up all that great, lets water in and can dampen the lump and make it hard to get up to temp quickly sometimes. I got these little fans to help force air to the coals and get it hotter quicker. Long story short they fit perfectly though only one can fit in my bottom intake damper on the grill.
image.jpg

They're powered by a little portable battery I bought awhile ago and plug in via USB.
image.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be interested to see how long that fan lasts in that type of location.
Luckily they are generally cheap fans, but if it does the trick, get er done.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll be interested to see how long that fan lasts in that type of location.
Luckily they are generally cheap fans, but if it does the trick, get er done.
it should be okay as long as it's running and I think that by draft action the heat will flow chimney-like upward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator