***Official Gatorchatter BBQ Thread***

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That knife in the picture is 12 inches long and that is a 30lb piece of meat.
funny-young-woman-showing-small-amount-size-gesture-hand-closeup-portrait-curly-brown-hair-fingers-isolated-grey-background-49149876.jpg

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
I don't do much for this place. I've been absent for a while, I'm going to try to get back in to it. The last 10 months or so has been pretty wild. Besides a few appearances in the box I've been a ghost. I haven't missed you fuks though.

Went to in-laws for FIL's bday last week and he made brisket his way. Long story short my wife asked for mine and quickly, she also had it up her sleeve to use the leftovers for chili for an employee of hers birthday who has been asking for it since last year.

Got off work Monday morning, lit the fire, trimmed about 3lb of fat off this thing, rubbed, put it on the rig and went to sleep.

Didn't even get a chance to try it before work the next night! Wife said it was good, I'll take her word for it.

IMG_4808.JPG IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4818.JPG IMG_4808.JPG IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4808.JPG IMG_4811.JPG IMG_4817.JPG IMG_4818.JPG

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't do much for this place. I've been absent for a while, I'm going to try to get back in to it. The last 10 months or so has been pretty wild. Besides a few appearances in the box I've been a ghost. I haven't missed you fuks though.

Went to in-laws for FIL's bday last week and he made brisket his way. Long story short my wife asked for mine and quickly, she also had it up her sleeve to use the leftovers for chili for an employee of hers birthday who has been asking for it since last year.

Got off work Monday morning, lit the fire, trimmed about 3lb of fat off this thing, rubbed, put it on the rig and went to sleep.

Didn't even get a chance to try it before work the next night! Wife said it was good, I'll take her word for it.

You sure you cooked it enough?

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Oh yeah man, I'm sure. It was probing like warm butter all the way around. I haven't judged a brisket by time or internal temp in quite a while and I haven't been disappointed

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Momma wanted chicken wings and beer for mothers day. (Damn I am lucky). So seasoned with a light rub, smoked at 250 for 2 hours then threw them on a hot grill for 10-15 minutes to crisp them up. Made several sauces inside. Might have been the best chicken wings I have ever eaten.

IMG_2207.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like our wives have similar taste, Brad. This Momma wanted grilled chicken and zucchini and oven roasted potatoes.

IMG_1944.JPG

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
picked up a Masterbuilt 30" digital electric smoker at the auction a week or so ago.

Brand New $70

Will give it a whirl.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, some of yall BURNT your BBQ to a fricken CRISP

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
May I ask what size and price? I'm scared to consider. Also how long to get to temp?

It's a large, in a custom wood cart. My best friend and brother in law both have one and use it ALL the time. So I am pretty familiar cooking on it. Once you get the lump coal lit (I'll use an electric u-shaped element) then you can be sitting at 700+ in less than 10 minutes. Then nice thing is the temperature control/regulation after that.

So.... I never could bring myself to buy one because of the price. But it was offered to me for free so I took it. I'll fire it up this Saturday and actually plan to cook some pizzas on it.

And as I type this.... I am smoking a brisket over night tonight for a work party tomorrow. It is in my electric Bradley smoker and I have smoked many dozens in there. Set the time and temp..... and go to bed. Just cant beat that.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's a large, in a custom wood cart. My best friend and brother in law both have one and use it ALL the time. So I am pretty familiar cooking on it. Once you get the lump coal lit (I'll use an electric u-shaped element) then you can be sitting at 700+ in less than 10 minutes. Then nice thing is the temperature control/regulation after that.

So.... I never could bring myself to buy one because of the price. But it was offered to me for free so I took it. I'll fire it up this Saturday and actually plan to cook some pizzas on it.

And as I type this.... I am smoking a brisket over night tonight for a work party tomorrow. It is in my electric Bradley smoker and I have smoked many dozens in there. Set the time and temp..... and go to bed. Just cant beat that.
I would think it would take much longer. I have 3/8" and it takes 30+ to get to temp. I think I may invest

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would think it would take much longer. I have 3/8" and it takes 30+ to get to temp. I think I may invest

Coals were lit and on fire after about 10 minutes with the electric started. It was at 750 degrees 13 minutes later. So 23 minutes from dead cold to blazing sun.

We were cooking pizzas on it. Best damn pizzas I have ever eaten.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Nice Brad. Congrats, why is it that the rich folks always get the nice sh1t for free??

I had to get rid of my bubba keg rig, it finally rusted out and fell apart. We bought too much flooring when we put wood down and traded it basically for a new Weber kettle. I like it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.