*** Official Gators vs Alabama BB Thread ***

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n160931 said:
Chill out. We're fans. We cheer, we gripe, we cuss, we congratulate. Get over it.

Guys like this are why I have no desire to go back to Gatorcountry. You aren't allowed to criticize the team without being eaten. I want Florida to win as much as anyone here. But Florida is what their record says at this point. A borderline NIT team. They were outscored 28-17 in the second half today after having a good grip on the game. Win or not, that is just not good basketball.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'll take any win right now and hope it creates some momentum.

If there is one coach who can do it, it's BD

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Born2beagator;n160929 said:
They re 11-9. They can't put a complete game together. They deserve all the criticism they get. Maybe you'd like it more over at Gatorcountry where poo smells like roses and anyone that disagrees is banned.

You deserve all the criticism you get, as well. Try saying something, anything positive about them from time to time. You may like it.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
MJMGator;n160937 said:
You deserve all the criticism you get, as well. Try saying something, anything positive about them from time to time. You may like it.

Yeah, you'd definitely be more comfortable over at gatorcountry. You remind me of their mods.

Mainland_Buc_75

Emerald Gulf Coast Gator
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
MJMGator;n160937 said:

There's only one thing positive to say about this game. Thank god for Dodo and the win.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mjm is actually pretty real he's not an angry pumper. I can vouch for him he's definitely an a hole but he's honest

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Mainland_Buc_75;n160941 said:
There's only one thing positive to say about this game. Thank god for Dodo and the win.

Agreed. The first half was great. The second half was one of the worst I've seen this year.

Billy is pretty much echoing my sentiments. "You can't be a good team doing this game in and game out." This team isn't able to put a complete game together.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Some serious work should be performed on Walker. He needs to be a "main-man in the middle" with DFS then
Robinson as standby inside man. This team has to work for that style since we have such unreliable outside
shooters ('cept Fraze). Take it to the rim and make opponents foul to stop us - ruin their floor lineup with fouls.
Hit a few long shots when they collapse fearing our inside game.

This team is not individually coordinated to run the offense BD's been making them try. I want to see game-long
serious scoring inside.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The truth is on display in every game.

We are a middle of the pack team right now.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
This team desperately needed that win and especially a win like that. Will Carter ever not be injured somehow?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It says alot about our sense of desperation because we are so relieved with a hold on, 2 point win over Bama.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
At this stage, I'll take anything. The dunk was Dodo's only points of the game. He got in the lane with ease. Where was that the rest of the game?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Unless you're Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, or play in a crap conference [see Gonzaga and Wisky], you're going to have a down year here and there.

This year sucks. It's basketball. It happens from time to time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n161041 said:
Unless you're Kansas, Duke, Michigan State, or play in a crap conference [see Gonzaga and Wisky], you're going to have a down year here and there.

This year sucks. It's basketball. It happens from time to time.
Even those guys have down years. Heck duke seems to lose to Cinderella every other year in the tourney. And Michigan state is struggling this year too. Kansas has also been a one and done quit a bit the last few years.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't see the game but saw Walker was 6 of 8 from the field. How did that happen? Did he learn how to play offense finally?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n161079 said:
Didn't see the game but saw Walker was 6 of 8 from the field. How did that happen? Did he learn how to play offense finally?

Fever, his teammates passed it to him high. Chiozza threw an "across everybody" alley-oop slam. Walker did
strong moves to the rim to quick-bank it in, aggressively - belying his lack of body mass. Somebody, an NBA
guy or even lesser league tutor needs to do work with him in the offseason. He needs to learn to bang near
the basket. Geez, he's got high-end skills that he cannot seem to tap into. Wishing and hoping - even for next
year. hell, Walker may turn out to be one of our favorite seniors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.