*** Official Jacksonville @ New England AFC Championship Game Thread***

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
A play here a play there. The Pats have lived in these games for years, staff and players. The jags have only dreamed of being there. They came a LONG way from last year and the previous many years. Seems like a young team to build on. The old man building the team seems to know his stuff. Work in progress.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Jags went from a 3 win team last year to taking Brady and the Pats down to the wire in the AFC championship game, still was a great season. It does blow chunks that they went conservative in the second half, they could have won that game.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Bortles has some problems, but the Jags have no choice but to keep rolling with him and hope he gets over the hump. He certainly strikes me as a guy who works hard, perhaps he'll be even more motivated. I saw those tears on his face at the end and I just know he wanted to stick it to the haters badly.

On that 4th and 14 play near the end, I thought he made a hell of a throw that was just incredibly defended.

Guy threw for 3600 yards, 21 TDs/13 INTs, at a 60% completion percentage, and added in 300 yards rushing and 2 TDs. On a team with no true #1 WR (ARob went down game 1) and no pass catching TE.

I’ll take that on my team with a stout defense. Hope he’s back next year.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Me at work today:
:lmao:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bortles has some problems, but the Jags have no choice but to keep rolling with him and hope he gets over the hump. He certainly strikes me as a guy who works hard, perhaps he'll be even more motivated. I saw those tears on his face at the end and I just know he wanted to stick it to the haters badly.

On that 4th and 14 play near the end, I thought he made a hell of a throw that was just incredibly defended.

It was an incredible defensive play. He had a great game.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BTW. Only Losers give Dislikes to Posters they get Butthurt over.

Sure.

That being said it sounds like you’re a little butt hurt over the dislike. The reason you got it was not for THAT statement. It was for the ridiculous statement that hitting another player helmet to helmet and getting an unnecessary roughness call on it was a bullshyt call.

I don’t think you know what the rules are.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Ive watched it a couple of times and the defender did not target him. He is turning to hit with his shoulder and they are level so the side of his helmet hit his. In fact he lead with his shoulder and the heads just followed.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The refs didn't lose the game, but the jags playcalling did. But the Refs did look away in similar situations they were flagging the Jags for. I ask for a game to at least be called consistent on both sides, which wasn't the case last night. The Patriots have "earned" that through almost 20 years of excellent play and coaching... but lets not pretend it doesn't happen.

If the Jaguars didn't go conservative in the second half they would have something more to complain about.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sure.

That being said it sounds like you’re a little butt hurt over the dislike. The reason you got it was not for THAT statement. It was for the ridiculous statement that hitting another player helmet to helmet and getting an unnecessary roughness call on it was a bullshyt call.

I don’t think you know what the rules are.
Thanks for proving my point.

Here's your rules, that I apparently don't know...

If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily. Although such violent or unnecessary use of the helmet and facemask is impermissible against any opponent, game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures, including but not limited to:

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head, neck, or face with the helmet or facemask, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; or

(2) Lowering the head and violently or unnecessarily making forcible contact with the “hairline” or forehead part of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body;

He didn't lead with his helmet, it was incidental. He led with his shoulder and actually turned his head in an effort to not lead with it.

Here's a screenshot the split second before hitting Gronk and the video below. Doesn't matter though, it won't change your mind. Interesting how you backed off that PI call right after as well, which was ridiculous.

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.09.56 AM.png

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ive watched it a couple of times and the defender did not target him. He is turning to hit with his shoulder and they are level so the side of his helmet hit his. In fact he lead with his shoulder and the heads just followed.
Horsesh*t You obviously don't know the rules.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I’ve been told that’s a retarded opinion. Bang-bang play, going 100 MPH, led with his shoulder, did not hit with the crown of his helmet which is the crux of the defenseless player rule, but yeah, retarded. A judgement call and a bad one. Was the DB trying to lay Gronk the fvvk out? Yep, but damn man, football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just dont think he targeted him and the helmets hitting was secondary to the initial hit...............
Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenselessplayer’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him
As always, Coach doesnt know the rule and just "feels" something

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Prohibited contact against a player who is in a defenseless posture is:
  1. forcibly hitting the defenselessplayer’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, even if the initial contact is lower than the player’s neck, and regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenselessplayer by encircling or grasping him
As always, Coach doesnt know the rule and just "feels" something

Neither does Mad or NV. They just make it up as they go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb