***Official Jacksonville @ Pittsburgh Divisional Game Thread***

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
That's dumb. They might as well be cheering for Gov. Jackson.
I'll admit I didn't "get it" the first time I heard the "Duval" cheer, but having been born in Duval it has grown on me. Localism, kinda cool.

Besides, chanting "Gov. Jackson" is too many syllables and doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'll admit I didn't "get it" the first time I heard the "Duval" cheer, but having been born in Duval it has grown on me. Localism, kinda cool.

Besides, chanting "Gov. Jackson" is too many syllables and doesn't have quite the same ring to it.
How about LYN-YRD SKYN-YRD for more of a local ring?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
JJ Jacksonville Jaguars, got that "pop" to it ... not Duval Jaguars. I would not want any investigative documentary on Duval County, home of the backed-up drainage ditches. Duval! Duval! U-Haul! U-haul! This ain't worth the talk.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Has Rick Scott declared the jaguars the champions of the super bowl yet?

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If the Jags play O like they did against Pittsburgh, and the D tightens up a bit, we have a chance. New England has one of the worst ranked run D in the league, giving up almost 5 yards a carry. If the Jags can run on them and eat some clock, we might have a shot at the upset.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If the Jags play O like they did against Pittsburgh, and the D tightens up a bit, we have a chance. New England has one of the worst ranked run D in the league, giving up almost 5 yards a carry. If the Jags can run on them and eat some clock, we might have a shot at the upset.
We scripted the first half of this game perfectly. There is absolutely no reason 28 points shouldn't have been enough to win this game and be done with it. How on earth the Defense allowed 42 points is beyond me. Not to mention those 2 Hail Mary prayer throws that Ben threw and were caught.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The secondary is succeptable to big passing plays. Gabbert torched us with one. Seattle had 2 in 3 plays at the end of the game when we knew it was coming. The bomb from Ben to Brown at the end of the first half was a perfectly thrown ball, just have to tip your hat on that one. Also the bomb to Bell was a nice pass, and since Bell is a RB he had a LB in coverage. We just need to limit the big plays against NE. I hope Ramsey is on Gronk the entire game.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The secondary is succeptable to big passing plays. Gabbert torched us with one. Seattle had 2 in 3 plays at the end of the game when we knew it was coming. The bomb from Ben to Brown at the end of the first half was a perfectly thrown ball, just have to tip your hat on that one. Also the bomb to Bell was a nice pass, and since Bell is a RB he had a LB in coverage. We just need to limit the big plays against NE. I hope Ramsey is on Gronk the entire game.
I was just thinking about who would cover Gronk.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm also not a fan of the smack talk we've done since beating Pittsburgh. We used their talk as motivation to win, and then turn around and talk smack to the Pats. Not good.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
That’s some SERIOUS sunshine pumping!!!

Or is that sarcasm?

Sarcasm. I can't imagine anyone would be serious about that. I'm hoping he isn't on the jags next season because that means we've upgraded the position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator