Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
"We are Cincinnati playing an SEC schedule, its that simple." lol

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Well there is to be a chart as to when to do so, but apparently the Voles don't know about this. The looks on their fans were great almost as good as OSU fans when we destroyed them for a NC some years ago. Now I won't be crowing but now I have a new response for Vole fans, one for the toe!!!

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Terrible in game coaching.

When Dobbs fumbled that ball with time running out, they failed to recognize that since he was in bounds when he fumbled that the clock would continue to run. So they substituted players, which not only let the ref stand over the ball until we could sub, but they screwed it up anyway and got a substitution penalty, which put 'em out of FG range realistically and also cost them a timeout in lieu of a clock runoff that would have ended the game. Total choke job. Les Miles school of last second clock management.

Thankfully, we attended the Les Miles school of making every 4th down you try. What are we, 10 for 10 on 4th down tries this year?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Brick by brick!
PicturedHonda-4x4-crashes-into-side-of-house.jpg

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
don't forget the decision to ice our kicker in the 3rd quarter which ultimately led to us going for it on 4th down and scoring.

Butch Jones is a clown...I'm glad they have him

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He could pose for a Georgia O'Keefe painting.

Alex.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just going for 2 doesn't mean you actually score 2!

It may have been a mistake but he was up by 13 midway in the 4th. I can understand his decision but the UT faithful can't understand that the % of successful 2pt conversions is very low.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
[h=1]dumb-ass[/h]
[h=3]or dumbass[/h]
[duhm-as]
Spell Syllables

noun, Slang: Vulgar. 1. a thoroughly stupid person; blockhead.

2. Butch Jones, University of Tennessee Head Football Coach.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n286280 said:
Just going for 2 doesn't mean you actually score 2!

It may have been a mistake but he was up by 13 midway in the 4th. I can understand his decision but the UT faithful can't understand that the % of successful 2pt conversions is very low.

Lol, you cannot be serious. The point is that being up by 13 that late in the game isn't any better than being up by 12. When the other team only has time for two possessions at most, they still need two touchdowns to take the lead even if you miss it.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;286404 said:
Lol, you cannot be serious. The point is that being up by 13 that late in the game isn't any better than being up by 12. When the other team only has time for two possessions at most, they still need two touchdowns to take the lead even if you miss it.

The more specific point is that make or miss you lose if they get 2 TDs... But if you go for the 2pt conversion and get it, even if they score twice, they still aren't winning.

Time left in the game had everything to do with the call, and he f'd it up. Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator