Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Lose by 10+

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You're as bad as the announcers and experts who are all picking against us as usual. They never learn, but our own fans can't see past the BS?

The funny thing is these fans allow these announcers and experts to pick against UF easily. If you pick against UK or KU or UNC or Duke etc you hear from all their fans. They all want to pick against one of the big guys and UF's fans make UF the easiest of the big guys to pick against.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
The funny thing is these fans allow these announcers and experts to pick against UF easily. If you pick against UK or KU or UNC or Duke etc you hear from all their fans. They all want to pick against one of the big guys and UF's fans make UF the easiest of the big guys to pick against.
True, because our own fans nod their heads in agreement:headslap:.

I think we make a statement in this first game and remind folks why we are a very dangerous matchup for anyone. Or we get smoked and go home, but I think we win 3 out of 4 against St B, so hopefully the BB gods are smiling on our boys tomorrow.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
We live and die with the three. If two shooters are hot, we win.

UF was hot from the arc shooting 40.6% against UAL in the SEC tourney. The way I see it if UF shows up and plays good defense and rebounds, then UF will likely win. If UF takes it for granted that they will win, then UF likely loses.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably the best league honestly. We'll find out soon enough, but seeing 4 SEC teams in the sweet 16 wouldn't surprise me at all.
IDK, I’d be surprised by 4 teams in the 16.
I’d be less surprised by zero SEC teams in the 16.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
GOD almighty I got chills watching those two videos of our fellas showing the world how great they were...............
thank you fellas.............

It's always great to be a Gator but damn those were special times.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
IDK, I’d be surprised by 4 teams in the 16.
I’d be less surprised by zero SEC teams in the 16.

By my quick count the SEC is seeded to win 9 games in the tourney.

UTn is a 3rd seed and thus by seed is expected to win two games.
AU is a 4th seed and thus by seed is expected to win two games.
UK is a 5th seed and thus by seed is expected to win one game.
UF is a 6th seed and thus by seed is expected to win one game.
UAR is a 7th seed and thus by seed is expected to win one game.
aTm is a 7th seed and thus by seed is expected to win one game.
UMo is an 8th seed and thus by seed is expected to win one game.
UAL is a 9th seed and thus by seed is expected to win zero games.

How a conference performs vis-a-vis seeds is how I judge how a conference does. This of course means the SEC should end up with two round of 16 teams, UTn and AU. We shall see how many the SEC ends up with, certainly AU has suffered a significant injury and may not be the team its record indicates.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
True, because our own fans nod their heads in agreement:headslap:.

I think we make a statement in this first game and remind folks why we are a very dangerous matchup for anyone. Or we get smoked and go home, but I think we win 3 out of 4 [against St B, so hopefully the BB gods are smiling on our boys tomorrow.

Here is another view on UF:

Jeff Borzello espn said:
Deepest run from a 6-seed or lower: Florida Gators
In each of the past five NCAA tournament, at least one team seeded sixth or lower has reached the Final Four. Florida might be the best bet this season. The Gators have shown they can beat anyone in the country, if they're making their perimeter shots. Senior guard Chris Chiozza is as tough as they come, and they're better defensively than people think.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...perlatives-mascots-upsets-last-shots-lipscomb

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
It's always great to be a Gator but damn those were special times.
After watching them since the late 60s and always playing little brother to UK it was amazing to see them conquer that world two years in a row. And not with a super star but talented smart kids that KNEW how to play team ball. They only cared about winning.........

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I think there's a very real possibility we lose tomorrow. I still think we have a better chance at winning than losing, but losing wouldn't surprise me at all.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think there's a very real possibility we lose tomorrow. I still think we have a better chance at winning than losing, but losing wouldn't surprise me at all.

Sad, but true. We have zero idea of what to expect from our guys game to game; heck, minute to minute. Hopefully we come out with some fire and hit some early shots and see if we can’t get their thin and relatively short team into some foul trouble by being aggressive offensively (Hudson, Allen and 3Gor).

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
The Bonnies have great basketball prowess and are a proud respected staple of fine small programs in NCAA hoops. A win over them is a good win and no small task! Go Gators

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.