Oct 21, 2014
ScoutBrianDohn retweeted
❄️ ‏@MillerShareef 9m9 minutes agoPhiladelphia, PA
Great home visit with Coach Collins earlier today #GatorNation
1f40a.png

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
Just saw that. if he comes to the good guys our s/c coaches have their work cut out...get some size on that boy.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Just thinking of WM's move to DC of AU, and the belief by many that he is using relationships built while at UF to pull recruits to AU. I think even a HS kid can look honestly at the situation and call BS. They say you commit to a school, not a coach. And WM's dismissal and the rest of the staff being removed from UF further proves that point - any coach you commit to may not be there the next year, it's a fact, and yet the kid will be there until they graduate or are ready for NFL.

We all see WM's reputation with kids taking a hit in that he got fired because he made us suck. There is a proven history of NOT developing players, and the few we have that went pro did so mostlly off their own talent, not what WM did for them. That's a strike one.
Then he has to sell them on AU, after trying to sell them on UF. If he badmouth's others, I imagine he badmouthed AU while he was here and now he has to play an opposite spin. Two faced in the eyes of a recruit. Strike two.
And lastly, my opening comment about committing to a school and not a coach, WM is the epitome of that situation so I don't see him holding those 'relationships' as strongly as he'd like to think. Coaches come and go, kids are committing to the school (and in that sense, the academics, but also the program that exists above and surrounding any coaching staff). Strike three on WM.

Many of us want him to implode at AU, and hate the damage he's doing to UF recruits. But as I sit here, I'm thinking he's already damaged himself, and he doesn't have the strength of relationship to really damage our recruiting efforts if the kids think beyond 'this guys says he loves me' and consider 'will he be here to love me tomorrow?; and 'if he's gone, am I where I want to be?'

I just don't see WM hurting us like a lot believe he is, despite the tweet noise from recruits when they are on site at AU. I wonder what their tweets are like when they get to UF for a visit, and how apesh!t the AU fanbase would be going. Wonder how their fan sites would be melting down about how WM was a poor choice, and he can't close deals he was working on for months. Actually, I'd very much like to know how other fan sites are reacting in comparison to the internal meltdown we are having in here. Are the AU forums giddy that they have the big 3 in the bag? Or are they worried it's all tweet trolling, and the recruits are secretly all going elsewhere, possibly even to (gasp!) UF?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;154247 said:
Just thinking of WM's move to DC of AU, and the belief by many that he is using relationships built while at UF to pull recruits to AU. I think even a HS kid can look honestly at the situation and call BS. They say you commit to a school, not a coach. And WM's dismissal and the rest of the staff being removed from UF further proves that point - any coach you commit to may not be there the next year, it's a fact, and yet the kid will be there until they graduate or are ready for NFL.

We all see WM's reputation with kids taking a hit in that he got fired because he made us suck. There is a proven history of NOT developing players, and the few we have that went pro did so mostlly off their own talent, not what WM did for them. That's a strike one.
Then he has to sell them on AU, after trying to sell them on UF. If he badmouth's others, I imagine he badmouthed AU while he was here and now he has to play an opposite spin. Two faced in the eyes of a recruit. Strike two.
And lastly, my opening comment about committing to a school and not a coach, WM is the epitome of that situation so I don't see him holding those 'relationships' as strongly as he'd like to think. Coaches come and go, kids are committing to the school (and in that sense, the academics, but also the program that exists above and surrounding any coaching staff). Strike three on WM.

Many of us want him to implode at AU, and hate the damage he's doing to UF recruits. But as I sit here, I'm thinking he's already damaged himself, and he doesn't have the strength of relationship to really damage our recruiting efforts if the kids think beyond 'this guys says he loves me' and consider 'will he be here to love me tomorrow?; and 'if he's gone, am I where I want to be?'

I just don't see WM hurting us like a lot believe he is, despite the tweet noise from recruits when they are on site at AU. I wonder what their tweets are like when they get to UF for a visit, and how apesh!t the AU fanbase would be going. Wonder how their fan sites would be melting down about how WM was a poor choice, and he can't close deals he was working on for months. Actually, I'd very much like to know how other fan sites are reacting in comparison to the internal meltdown we are having in here. Are the AU forums giddy that they have the big 3 in the bag? Or are they worried it's all tweet trolling, and the recruits are secretly all going elsewhere, possibly even to (gasp!) UF?

I haven't heard a lot about Ivey and AU lately. Holland has been leaning to AU since September. CeCe and Muschamp are close. CeCe had been injured all year and Muschamp has been really close with him and his family all year through the recuperating process.

The Cowart thing is a relatively new development with AU. Not Muschamp. But AU.

Gator Wray

Big Member
Nov 21, 2014
TLB;n154247 said:

+1
Great write up

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
I agree with you TLB. I have actually been following some AU boards and they do seem pretty giddy that they have the big 3 in the bag. I read a few comments where Cowart personally told one of them that he was coming and bringing Ce Ce and Holland with him.

I like the tweets from Coach Mac by the way...nice

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
GatorJ;n154261 said:
I haven't heard a lot about Ivey and AU lately. Holland has been leaning to AU since September. CeCe and Muschamp are close. CeCe had been injured all year and Muschamp has been really close with him and his family all year through the recuperating process.

The Cowart thing is a relatively new development with AU. Not Muschamp. But AU.

Hm, I think you're right about Cowart being more about AU than WM. Especiallly with them handing him a 3 yr plan for his degree (I have no idea how AU's Journalism ranks against ours). I know Cowart is coming across as a leader, and indicating all three go together, but who knows how it will actually shake out.

+++++++++++++++++

Avoiding my job is hard, but for you guys I did it. Surfed a few AU sites and they seem to think they are in good with Ivey - admitting it's between UF and AU, but they feel like they are getting the lean. As for the big 3, similar to what we have in our forums but with less chicken little syndrome. Mostly thinking they have one, hoping for two, and a few omigodwhatifs about getting all three. And in the end, still as unsure as we are but without the desperation. Lot of agreement Cowart is enjoying trolling the fans via twitter. So they aren't putting much belief into his tweets - just hoping they land him. It's funny with the orange and blue sky pic he tweeted and how both schools take it as an omen.

Now....about that job thingy... :sigh:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Gatoravatara;n154291 said:
You are thinking like a rational adult, not a 17 year old kid that is being chased by everybody.

I get that these kids aren't 'normal' in the brain, being 17 and highly sought after does things to your thinking processes. That, and girls.

Still, I'm watching us post 'what-ifs' about WM going to the Falcons and what that means...it's a hypothetical. There is a reality these kids saw unfold in front of them over the past few months - this WM guy that said he loved them moved away, and he still says he loves them, maybe even more now. That kind of 'move' and the uncertainty it shows about the future has to be in every recruits mind when they talk to WM. I'd give more credence to kids listening to, and possibly buying into, AU more than into WM at this point.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Thank god we have Tyler Jordan.
The Florida Gators had a big recruiting weekend so that means only one thing, offensive line commit Tyler Jordan (6-5, 270, Jacksonville, FL Bishop Kenny) was on campus to help the Gators do some recruiting.
“It was good official visit, I had a really good time,” Jordan said. “Nothing really new for me to see but the best part of the trip was being able to talk to the new staff and be around them. It was nice to spend time with some of the players as well.”
Jordan has met most of the new coaching staff already but this was his first time to be around them for a long period of time and Jordan liked the passion he saw from everyone this weekend.
“I really liked the new staff a lot, they’re really high energy guys,” Jordan said. “They seem really confident about the future of the program and they were just bouncing around talking to everyone."

One coach that Jordan has a very good relationship with is offensive line coach Mike Summers and the message between the two remained the same as always.
“It was great to see Coach Summers again, I’m really glad he stayed,” Jordan said. “He has kept the same message with me all along and that is that he needs me to come in and be ready to go at center.”
This weekend also gave Jordan the opportunity to hang out with the two early enrollees Florida has on campus now and also get a feel for how they like Florida so far.
“It was good to see Daniel [Imatorbhebhe] and Kalif [Jackson] again and see how they were liking campus life so far,” Jordan said. “They told me that they really like it so far even though they’ve only been on campus for a week. They were telling me about the classes so far and about the strength and conditioning program.”
One person who is a relatively unknown coach for Florida right now is new strength coach Mike Kent but this weekend the visitors got a chance to hear his message.
“I like the strength coach a lot, coach Kent seems like a good guy but we only got to talk to him for a few minutes,” Jordan said. “We got to go through the weight room and see everything for about 20 minutes. He spoke to us about everything and he’s energetic and passionate about everything. He’s all about teaching you about what the weights are doing for you more than anything.”
It wouldn’t be a proper visit for Jordan if he didn’t recruit someone and he had five other guys this past weekend that he was working on but the main one was South Carolina offensive line commit Christian Pellage.
“I loved the other prospects that were on campus and I believe that they really enjoyed their visit,” Jordan said. “My message to a guy like Christian was that there’s only seven guys on scholarship right now and if you want to play early in the SEC then Florida is the best place for you. I told him he could be a hero by being one of the first commits for the new staff.”
This was Jordan’s official visit but no worries Gator fans as Jordan will be back on campus to do some more recruiting for Florida soon.
“I’ll be back for the next two weekends to do some recruiting,” Jordan said. “It will be unofficial visits but I’ll be there.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Florida’s lead recruiter by far is Tyler Jordan and he was recruiting like a mad man this past weekend and he will return to do the same the next few weekends. Florida is getting a great man in Jordan.

Amazin1

Finally found my way home
Jan 10, 2015
TLB;n154296 said:
Hm, I think you're right about Cowart being more about AU than WM. Especiallly with them handing him a 3 yr plan for his degree (I have no idea how AU's Journalism ranks against ours). I know Cowart is coming across as a leader, and indicating all three go together, but who knows how it will actually shake out.

+++++++++++++++++

Avoiding my job is hard, but for you guys I did it. Surfed a few AU sites and they seem to think they are in good with Ivey - admitting it's between UF and AU, but they feel like they are getting the lean. As for the big 3, similar to what we have in our forums but with less chicken little syndrome. Mostly thinking they have one, hoping for two, and a few omigodwhatifs about getting all three. And in the end, still as unsure as we are but without the desperation. Lot of agreement Cowart is enjoying trolling the fans via twitter. So they aren't putting much belief into his tweets - just hoping they land him. It's funny with the orange and blue sky pic he tweeted and how both schools take it as an omen.

Now....about that job thingy... :sigh:

According to the huffington post we are the 8th best school of journalism in the country. au is not in the top 10. We are also the nation's second-largest undergraduate journalism program

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Has anybody seen if Cowart is still planning on visiting UF this weekend. That is the key IMO...

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;n154339 said:
Cowart is still planning to visit this weekend, as of today.

Saturday's Down South just posted they think Florida will land Cowart, Jefferson, and Ivey.... oh, and that Muschamp will not be at Auburn once Quinn is hired.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-bold-offseason-predictions-2015/

Just fun reading, who knows how accurate their guesses are.

It would certainly make things interesting if Muschamp left for Atlanta. As long as we get them on campus I think we have a chance.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
ShadowGator;n154339 said:
Cowart is still planning to visit this weekend, as of today.

Saturday's Down South just posted they think Florida will land Cowart, Jefferson, and Ivey.... oh, and that Muschamp will not be at Auburn once Quinn is hired.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec...dictions-2015/

Just fun reading, who knows how accurate their guesses are.
Surely Muschamp woundn't be that big of a douche. Uh... never mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.