Not open for further replies.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n154193 said:
I always knew we were getting a top 10 class, so there was no reason to break down and follow every pick. None of us have ever seen anything like this. It's like we're Lousiana-Lafayette or something.

I've been shaking my heads about this for weeks. It truly is as if we're some sort of directional school. We've got kids choosing Arkansas and Maryland and Kentucky over us, but worse, we don't even seem capable of raiding the recruits from mid-tier schools like Central Michigan, East Carolina, Southern Methodist and Memphis, etc.

In a lifetime of following Gator football, I've never seen our recruiting this awful, this late. And there's something deeper than 4-8 and a coaching change, I just can't put my finger on it. This Cowart guy goes from posting Chucky doll stuff, telling Gator Nation to "stand up", comparing depth charts which favor Florida, doing the Gator chomp at his games, to now almost open disdain and disrespect for UF, and all this came AFTER we made visits to him.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Amazin1;n154344 said:
He's starting to make me believe he is. That would be epic if he left the barn for atl. i'd laugh for a week.

I hate the Falcons, so I would love for WM to go there.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
When my young daughter laughs too hard, she still pees her pants "a little:" If think I'd pee mine more than a little if he jumped to ATL. And I'd be pointing at AU asking "Did you NOT see how bad he screwed us? Welcome to the club!"

While it would suck for the kids that DID sign with WM and AU, it would make future classes that much harder for AU to recruit.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ShadowGator;n154339 said:
Cowart is still planning to visit this weekend, as of today.

Saturday's Down South just posted they think Florida will land Cowart, Jefferson, and Ivey.... oh, and that Muschamp will not be at Auburn once Quinn is hired.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/sec-bold-offseason-predictions-2015/

Just fun reading, who knows how accurate their guesses are.

I'd like to see this "Muschamp to Atlanta with Quinn" thing gain a lot of steam, even if not true. It may be enough to at least place a little doubt in the mind of any of these guys who are truly considering Auburn over UF because of Muschamp.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n154357 said:
Yeh, seems like Cowart trolled us pretty bad. It's like he hates UF now or something.:dunno:

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but during the dead period, the guy was posting depth charts, telling Gator Nation to stand up, telling Auburn people "respect Chucky", etc, yet, as soon as the dead period ends, we visit the guy as soon as the sun comes up, we track his Mom down at Dennys, and the guy has had NOTHING but negative things to say since, while stroking Muschamp and Auburn. Either we've done this crappiest recruiting job in the history of recruiting, by taking a admitted lifelong Gator fan, who by all indications has been pro-Gator for months, and turning him solidly against us, or the kid is ****** in the head, or a combination of both.

And forget about Cowart, we can't get a marginal 3-star kids to flip. We can't get a CB to flip from UK to UF. We're CB U, and I'm not sure if I can recall one decent Kentucky CB ever, yet the kid visits and walks away still committed to Kentucky.

It's insane.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n154365 said:
I cant wait to say I told you so once we sign a good solid class....

If we have a solid class, I'll be first in line to accept your "I told you so".

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n154361 said:
And forget about Cowart, we can't get a marginal 3-star kids to flip. We can't get a CB to flip from UK to UF. We're CB U, and I'm not sure if I can recall one decent Kentucky CB ever, yet the kid visits and walks away still committed to Kentucky.
This is just dumbfounding.

We can't even seem to get kids committed to FAU to flip to us. You'd think we'd at least be able to pull some 2 stars from Colorado State.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
NavetG8r;n154373 said:
If we have a solid class, I'll be first in line to accept your "I told you so".

I am not saying we finish in the top 10 but we will have a solid class and will be fine.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n154365 said:
I cant wait to say I told you so once we sign a good solid class....
What do you call solid? At this point, I'm just hoping for top 80 and maybe keeping up with FAU.

Actually, regardless of the rankings, if they get 5-7 OL and 2 LB it's probably all we can hope for. Anything else is

Fooley should be executed on sight for allowing us to get into this shape.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n154361 said:
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but during the dead period, the guy was posting depth charts, telling Gator Nation to stand up, telling Auburn people "respect Chucky", etc, yet, as soon as the dead period ends, we visit the guy as soon as the sun comes up, we track his Mom down at Dennys, and the guy has had NOTHING but negative things to say since, while stroking Muschamp and Auburn. Either we've done this crappiest recruiting job in the history of recruiting, by taking a admitted lifelong Gator fan, who by all indications has been pro-Gator for months, and turning him solidly against us, or the kid is ****** in the head, or a combination of both.

Maybe Cowart is trying to build some drama and intrigue for his big NSD reveal? Here's hoping so.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
NavetG8r;n154373 said:
If we have a solid class, I'll be first to merge your "I told you so" thread into the existing 14 page recruiting thread where it will never been found and/or confuse people given the lack of context.

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n154379 said:
This is just dumbfounding.

We can't even seem to get kids committed to FAU to flip to us. You'd think we'd at least be able to pull some 2 stars from Colorado State.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
There is just as much evidence that we will do well as there is that we dont. My glass is half full. This staff is working hard and all reviews from recruits are good. They and their parents are liking this staff. For the amount of time they have had, I think they have done a good job. Its going to pay off.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
its almost comical how few committs we have so far and how no one is comitting at all. I mean schools much inferior to us have full classes already. Its almost like we are the typhoid mary of the college FB world. We better get some momentum going or gatormandan will be eating his words come NSD

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n154394 said:
There is just as much evidence that we will do well as there is that we dont.

no there's not dude.

TNgator20

Jan 8, 2015
Original DC, I completely agree with you about Cowart...that was what I was trying to say. It seems like there is a HUGE disconnect during the dead period where he showed us love, then right when the dead period ended it all went to crap. I don't know if we did a crappy recruiting job with him (I wouldn't think that would happen) or what's up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator