Status
Not open for further replies.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
t-gator;n154406 said:
no there's not dude.

Are you basing your evidence on the trolling and misinformation being spouted from other team sites? I will believe all of that when I see actual commitments.

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Gator98MD;n154402 said:
its almost comical how few committs we have so far and how no one is comitting at all. I mean schools much inferior to us have full classes already. Its almost like we are the typhoid mary of the college FB world. We better get some momentum going or gatormandan will be eating his words come NSD

High level recruits are unsure of our future with a new staff, low level recruits are unsure if they will see the field in the next year or two based on current talent on the roster, especially for a spot like DB where we are loaded currently.

Plus, coaches are still going after many OL that are 4 star or high upside 3 stars. They may be holding kids from committing based on other targets. That happens every year.

We will be fine, relatively, at the end of the signing period. Far from top 5 great, but far from horrible as well. Let's get our needs filled, pull in one or two top guys and move on to coaching the kids up.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
ShadowGator;n154425 said:
High level recruits are unsure of our future with a new staff, low level recruits are unsure if they will see the field in the next year or two based on current talent on the roster, especially for a spot like DB where we are loaded currently.

Plus, coaches are still going after many OL that are 4 star or high upside 3 stars. They may be holding kids from committing based on other targets. That happens every year.

We will be fine, relatively, at the end of the signing period. Far from top 5 great, but far from horrible as well. Let's get our needs filled, pull in one or two top guys and move on to coaching the kids up.

You mean I am not alone! :stars:

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whilst I find the overwrought panic by some in this thread to be excessive, I must admit I find the complete absence of recent commitments from any recruits at this late stage to be disquieting, to say the least. And this after hosting a handful of presumably "gettable" kids this past weekend....

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n154447 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath View Post
Whilst I find the overwrought panic by some in this thread to be excessive, I must admit I find the complete absence of recent commitments from any recruits at this late stage to be disquieting, to say the least. And this after hosting a handful of presumably "gettable" kids this past weekend....

How do we compare to Michigan at this point? They got their new coach later than we did.

According to Rivals, we're #96 and they're 99. We win!!! :yes: :suicide:

ShadowGator

Broken
Oct 24, 2014
Gatorbreath;n154432 said:

It's the last few weeks... unless these kids are absolutely sure, they should wait. Last thing they need to do is to decommit, commit to Florida, decommit next week after another visit, and finally decommit again once they take their final ov.

For three star, and even some four stars, I want commits who cancel all other trips in the next two weeks. Five stars are going to play the game until NSD.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
A "commit" from any of these kids is pointless. Verbals mean absolutely nothing. Until letters are signed and faxed on NSD, it's anybody's game.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TNgator20;n154409 said:
Original DC, I completely agree with you about Cowart...that was what I was trying to say. It seems like there is a HUGE disconnect during the dead period where he showed us love, then right when the dead period ended it all went to crap. I don't know if we did a crappy recruiting job with him (I wouldn't think that would happen) or what's up...

Cowart was lauding Auburn having a 3-year Journalism plan laid out for him. Well, look up Journalism schools and UF is top 10 while Auburn isn't even on the map. Hell, who knew Auburn even had a Journalism program, yet, we can't even freaking leverage that angle? The kid is running around thinking an Auburn journalism degree is in the same hemisphere as a UF Journalism degree.

And now I'm reading that one of our 8 current commits, Derrick Dillon, is now 50-50 between us and LSU. So, if he goes, that will make 4 decommitments from our four highest rated guys, and 1 commitment from a 3-star TE since the new staff took over. Dillon leaving would also take our class from 95th to about 110th, sandwiched in between Old Dominion, Kent State, Eastern Michigan and Colorado State. Yes, it's conceivable that Mike Bobo in his first year at Colorado State could out-recruit UF and Mac.

Time to panic was a month ago, now it's time to get on our hand and knees and start begging recruits, apparently.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Damn, 34 pages and not a word on a single commit. The most interesting things in the thread were a discussion on what to drink with popcorn and a picture of Ox taking his wife up the dirt road.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
The Original DC;n154462 said:
Cowart was lauding Auburn having a 3-year Journalism plan laid out for him. Well, look up Journalism schools and UF is top 10 while Auburn isn't even on the map. Hell, who knew Auburn even had a Journalism program, yet, we can't even freaking leverage that angle? The kid is running around thinking an Auburn journalism degree is in the same hemisphere as a UF Journalism degree.

And now I'm reading that one of our 8 current commits, Derrick Dillon, is now 50-50 between us and LSU. So, if he goes, that will make 4 decommitments from our four highest rated guys, and 1 commitment from a 3-star TE since the new staff took over. Dillon leaving would also take our class from 95th to about 110th, sandwiched in between Old Dominion, Kent State, Eastern Michigan and Colorado State. Yes, it's conceivable that Mike Bobo in his first year at Colorado State could out-recruit UF and Mac.

Time to panic was a month ago, now it's time to get on our hand and knees and start begging recruits, apparently.

Panic? Really? I prefer being a grown up. Relax and have some popcorn. Panic and/or begging is never the right response. Seriously, this whole recruiting obsession is out of hand. SOS said last year that Saban was the best recruiter but he wasn't sure that he was the best coach. We were never going to have a good recruiting class this year based on what has occurred after the 2013 season. As a life long Gator fan, all this frantic ballyhoo is embarrassing.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are ridiculous. I'm willing to bet we haul in a top 25 class this year.

Av bet to anyone who wants to take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member