***Official Spring Football Thread***

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Riles - If he gets on the field at all then we are in trouble. It means the interior of the o-line hasn't improved at all. I simply can't take watching that guy another season. I'm sure Law will have something far more clever to say. :D

Fullwood - In 3 seasons he has a total of 35 catches. At this point we know what he is. I'm not expecting any more than 10-15 catches from him.

Fred Johnson - my favorite o-linemen signed that year. He is big and athletic, but raw. I'm glad to see him getting better. His biggest issue is strength. He has to get stronger physically and at the point of attack.

I want to hear about Stone, Buchanan, Jordan, and Sandifer. How are they improving? F*ck Riles. That just ruined my day.

I assume that Jordan is a starter. And that Stone will push for playing time. I think Sandifer was carrying too much bad weight and is probably not where he needs to be yet. I have no idea about Buchanan.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Reminder about Appleby. He is a head case coming from a dumpster fire at Purdue. Mac and Nussie will have to build his confidence. Give him a beak for a while. We will know more come fall.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I am old school. As an administrator I only offered attaboys to guys that exceeded the minimum expectations that come with receiving a paycheck. As younger generations expected praise for merely showing up, my effectiveness was impaired.
Yet you guys seem totally flummoxed when Mac offers encouragement to players who have made just a little progress with long existing problems. Surely you can see praise to Riles or Worton as a motivational ploy?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Surely you can see praise to Riles or Worton as a motivational ploy?

We hope. Riles played a ton last year, even starting a few games. We have no way of knowing whether it is just coach speak to motivate or not. I still have nightmares from Riles crapping himself when opposing defenses ran stunts or zone blitzes.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gosh, Mac's saying Holley's hip "only has so many more movements to it", sounds
dooming to that young man ? Does that mean he's courting becoming crippled later
by stressing that hip ?

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Brady Ackerman was just on local radio here in Jax. I'm just sharing what he said.

1. Massey will be the starter in the slot. It is his natural position. (My thoughts: Powell was good in that spot. If this is true, Massey must be really good.)

2. Pineiro looks good. The coaching staff is putting him in various situations and he is passing the tests. All that's left now is to find out if he can do it in front of 80k.

3. Del Rio is way ahead of everyone else. Appleby looks like the other freshman but he also has game experience. He fully expects him to win the backup job in the scrimmages when the bullets start flying.

4. In his opinion, 2 years from now, Trask will be the starter at UF. He is the most talented of any of the quarterbacks on the roster with the highest upside.

5. Anzalone is 100%. He won't be going fully contact in the spring, but he looks fantastic.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've seen career underachievers finally break through and become key players, particularly after a coaching change. I hope Mac's praise is a positive indicator, but we shall see.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Riles - If he gets on the field at all then we are in trouble. It means the interior of the o-line hasn't improved at all. I simply can't take watching that guy another season. I'm sure Law will have something far more clever to say. :D
Riles playing is a lot like Driskell playing, the problem is self-correcting. Coaches that are that dumb get fired quickly.

Actually, Im just kidding. Hopefully Riles spent the off-season getting ready. I hope last year woke him up.

Dillard on the field would be the thing that means we are in for a very damn long year again.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Del rio gonna lose the starting job his senior year?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Love Anzalone being healthy. That is huge for our D

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Ackerman did say, when it comes to Franks and Trask, it depends on who you prefer. They are both outstanding talents. He just thinks Trask has more talent than Franks and looks better throwing the ball.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why Ackerman is a part-time sports guy instead of a football scout or coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb