***Official Spring Football Thread***

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not a bash the players type myself (minus treoff) but we should save this convo for when Frank's is the man in gville in 2 years.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
4. In his opinion, 2 years from now, Trask will be the starter at UF. He is the most talented of any of the quarterbacks on the roster with the highest upside.

Either you planted that in there just to troll some of our members, or Ackerman is doing some trolling.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
4. In his opinion, 2 years from now, Trask will be the starter at UF. He is the most talented of any of the quarterbacks on the roster with the highest upside.
A few posters here, one in particular, just broke every piece of furniture in their living room. :lol:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/sights-sounds-notes-from-florida-football-practice-2

Here are notes from the open portion of Monday’s practice:

• Offensive starters in the fastball period: quarterback Luke Del Rio, running back Jordan Cronkrite, receivers Ahmad Fulwood, Dre Massey and Chris Thompson, tight end DeAndre Goolsby, offensive linemen (left to right) Fred Johnson, Antonio Riles, Cam Dillard, Tyler Jordan and Kavaris Harkless.
  • Defensive starters in the fastball period (nickel package): defensive linemen Bryan Cox Jr., Caleb Brantley, Khairi Clark and Keivonnis Davis, linebackers Alex Anzalone and Jarrad Davis, cornerbacks Jalen Tabor and Quincy Wilson, nickelback Duke Dawson and safeties Marcus Maye and Nick Washington.
  • Starting right tackle David Sharpe arrived late to practice, so Harkless lined up in his place.
  • Del Rio threw a beautiful touchdown pass to Chris Thompson in the end zone. The pass was on target and landed right in between Tabor and Washington.
  • True freshman quarterback Feleipe Franks received second-team reps in the fastball period and performed well, connecting with fellow early enrollee Freddie Swain for a nice play.
  • Swain also made an impressive catch during the half-skeleton drill and continues to show his ability this spring.
  • Wideout Alvin Bailey (back) returned to practice and had a reception during half-skel.
  • During his turn in the half-skel, Franks threw an absolute laser over the middle to freshman receiver Joshua Hammond. A sideline pass to Swain sailed high, but Franks was otherwise accurate during the fastball and half-skel periods.
  • Former UF receivers Latroy Pittman and Demarcus Robinson were spectators at practice.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
:eek4: Franks was second string?

I thought Trask was the second coming of Brett Favre?

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am old school. As an administrator I only offered attaboys to guys that exceeded the minimum expectations that come with receiving a paycheck. As younger generations expected praise for merely showing up, my effectiveness was impaired.
Yet you guys seem totally flummoxed when Mac offers encouragement to players who have made just a little progress with long existing problems. Surely you can see praise to Riles or Worton as a motivational ploy?

Even old school gave praise... Where did the ol ****e sandwich come from. Something good, something bad, something good again. Right?

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
:eek4: Franks was second string?

I thought Trask was the second coming of Brett Favre?

Nobody on this board has ever said Trask was Farve but it has been said that he has talent. I dont understand why gator fans wouldnt be happy about that. Its as if people are clamoring for him to suck and to fail. Makes zero sense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
There were more recruits at Monday's practice:

Monday’s football practice drew another round of visiting recruits for the Florida Gators.

Five-star prospect Jarez Parks, the nation’s No. 2 weakside defensive end, was the biggest name in attendance. The 6-foot-5, 255-pounder visited Gainesville twice in the fall and named the Gators his leader.

UF is also hosting 11 recruits from South Florida, including three Miami commits. A few of them hold offers from the Gators.

RB Bentavious Thompson, three-star, 6-0, 190, Miami, Fla./Southridge (Miami commit)
ATH Christopher Henderson, three-star, 6-1, 175, Miami, Fla./Columbus (Miami commit)
WR Rodney Scott, four-star, 6-0, 168, Miami, Fla./Southridge (Miami commit)
TE Kemore Gamble, three-star, 6-4, 216, Miami, Fla./Southridge (former Miami commit)
DT George Ellis III, three-star, 6-2, 290, Plantation, Fla./American Heritage
DE Deandre Johnson, three-star, 6-2, 220, Miami, Fla./Southridge
LB Nadarius Fagan, three-star, 6-2, 200, Miami, Fla./Southridge
LB James Houston, three-star, 6-1, 225, Plantation, Fla./American Heritage
LB Brandon James, three-star, 6-2, 200, Miami, Fla./Southridge
CB Shawn Davis, three-star, 6-1, 190, Miami, Fla./Southridge
2018 WR Mark Pope, 6-1, 160, Miami, Fla./Southridge

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody on this board has ever said Trask was Farve but it has been said that he has talent. I dont understand why gator fans wouldnt be happy about that. Its as if people are clamoring for him to suck and to fail. Makes zero sense.

If I could "like" this a thousand times, I would.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Neither Franks nor Trask will be the backup when the season starts. This is just the staff giving him reps to see what he can do.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Either you planted that in there just to troll some of our members, or Ackerman is doing some trolling.

He said it on 1010xl yesterday with Frank Frangie. As I said, I just shared what he said. Frangie and Ackerman said that, but Frangie always goes overboard. Every player is HOF talent to him. Ackerman may be right. He may not. Take it however you want.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Maheo, just yanking your chain knowing some of the folks in here are primed for such trolling. No worries.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Matt Jones was back in town for pro day... his comments regarding McElwain vs. Muschamp... always heard the players loved Muschamp... he was a players coach and all that....

Phillip Heilman ‎@phillip_heilman
Sorta interesting note from Matt Jones. Said of Jim McElwain: “Guys respect him more” than they did Will Muschamp.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Man I give you credit for bending a post to fit your agenda better than Bagdad Bob. Where the he'll you got that I was bashing Trask in that statement is beyond me. I was simply making fun of the 20 page thread on Trask and all the back and forth about the kid. Btw, I never bashed Trask in that thread either.

Lighten up Nelly.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well alright, Foley bought us an upgrade from Muschamp ???
Oops, another sleazy zinger ... actually Mac could be a 150-point season's improvement
over Muschamp. And that's not counting the elevation of Gator Spirit all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator