Official UF Indoor Practice Facility - Fall 2015

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
GatorZone Football ‏@GatorZoneFB 5m5 minutes ago
It's official! UAA announces plans to build an indoor practice facility, to open Fall 2015. http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=29562…
B74Tu1PCUAAMcJ-.jpg

B74Tv7JCIAA9gYp.jpg

B74TwcBCYAAolJU.jpg

B74TxO8CUAE2x_j.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Awesome! Now some of the top recruits will start looking at us again!

/sarcasm

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
That's great with a quick turn around. Shows recruits we are serious about facilities and that can't be used as negative recruiting.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"Based on plans released by the UAA, the indoor practice facility will house a 120-yard synthetic turf football field, additional space for practice drills on the north end of the field, three camera platforms, satellite training-room facilities, equipment storage and restrooms."

Next step is going to be upgrading locker rooms and player lounge, etc...

Dec 10, 2014
I know this is something that is necessary in the college football arms race, but this is so, so unnecessary for improving the play on the field. Are they going to practice in this when it's simply pouring outside? I hope not. This is a recruiting tool, which I get. But it's just like your damn kid wanting something because the other kids on the block have one. It's going to be negligible in improving us as a football team on the field but will hopefully accelerate us leaps and bounds in recruiting. Although, before this year. We really haven't had issues recruiting. Therefore, I don't even really see it necessary for that. Winning cures all. Not indoor practice facilities.

LeSigh. At least we won't miss summer and fall practices due to lighting. This will not be ready by fall of 2015. That is blowing a lot of sunshine up these recruits' ass.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
About time. That had to be used against us in recruiting..not many hotter places than Florida out there and an indoor practice facility makes a lot of sense. Nice!

Dec 10, 2014
On a more positive note, I am glad that our current admin (that some people on here bash) is doing EVERYTHING possible to win. Time for Gator fans to respond by putting more butts in the seat.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
For sure it's keeping up with the Joneses. Looks great.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Sadly, it's gonna take some more winning, or at least some more excitement and a bit more winning (I think CJM will bring in an exciting and creative offensive right away, at the very least) to put more butts in the seat. When Meyer was doing his thing we had no issues with people being at our home games and staying until the very end. You always thought we had a chance to win, and we usually did. Convincingly.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There is no substitute for heat, sweat and practicing handling a wet ball... lightning is a different story though.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n155639 said:
I know this is something that is necessary in the college football arms race, but this is so, so unnecessary for improving the play on the field. Are they going to practice in this when it's simply pouring outside? I hope not. This is a recruiting tool, which I get. But it's just like your damn kid wanting something because the other kids on the block have one. It's going to be negligible in improving us as a football team on the field but will hopefully accelerate us leaps and bounds in recruiting. Although, before this year. We really haven't had issues recruiting. Therefore, I don't even really see it necessary for that. Winning cures all. Not indoor practice facilities.

LeSigh. At least we won't miss summer and fall practices due to lighting. This will not be ready by fall of 2015. That is blowing a lot of sunshine up these recruits' ass.

We haven't really recruited in the past couple years... we have missed out on a lot of big time prospects that would have made a difference. Facilities do make a difference as this is where the recruits spend a large amount of their time. If you are looking at houses or apartments you want the one with nicer amenities right (assuming same price). There are a lot of very good football programs out there, to act like we are above all of them is crazy. We need to stay competitive with facilities and we are doing so now.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Adam Lane shts himself and gets a banner hung? :yes:
B74TwcBCYAAolJU.jpg

Edit: Damn, it actually has Elams name

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
ATXGator;n155689 said:
We haven't really recruited in the past couple years... we have missed out on a lot of big time prospects that would have made a difference. Facilities do make a difference as this is where the recruits spend a large amount of their time. If you are looking at houses or apartments you want the one with nicer amenities right (assuming same price). There are a lot of very good football programs out there, to act like we are above all of them is crazy. We need to stay competitive with facilities and we are doing so now.

This. Facilities matter, and they matter because top level recruits want them. Couch potato morning quarterbacks should shut the hell up and let the athletic department assess and do what they feel is necessary to be competitive.

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
The south end zone was built between the end of the '81 and beginning of the '82 season. they installed the last seats 2 hours before kickoff of the Miami game. SO IT CAN BE DONE MM Parrish did the General contracting and i't also a good way to prepare for playing an opponent on their ShI**y turf (i.e., Commode dores). So deal with it and GO GATORS

Dec 10, 2014
ATXGator;n155689 said:

Which class in the last couple of years do you consider "haven't really recruited"? The number four class in the nation in 2013 or the number eight class in the nation in 2014?

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n155733 said:
Which class in the last couple of years do you consider "haven't really recruited"? The number four class in the nation in 2013 or the number eight class in the nation in 2014?

Every time I see your comments and avatar, I want to punch my screen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.