Official UF Indoor Practice Facility - Fall 2015

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n155737 said:
That's awesome! Do the board a favor and punch away ... Seriously. We're waiting.

Unless my fist went thru the computer screen and hit you in the pie hole, no public service would be done.

Dec 10, 2014
KCgator;n155754 said:
Unless my fist went thru the computer screen and hit you in the pie hole, no public service would be done.

I just can't believe that somebody constantly owning you on a message board has such in impact on your emotions. Well actually based on the quality and intelligence of your posts, I can.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
PatDooleySucks;n155759 said:
I just can't believe that somebody constantly owning you on a message board has such in impact on your emotions. Well actually based on the quality and intelligence of your posts, I can.

Owned by whom????? Certainly not by the likes of you. The point was that your avatar is offensive, yet your sensitive vagina felt like it was an attack on you. Walk away little man before you really get embarrassed.

Dec 10, 2014
KCgator;n155768 said:
Owned by whom????? Certainly not by the likes of you. The point was that your avatar is offensive, yet your sensitive vagina felt like it was an attack on you. Walk away little man before you really get embarrassed.

Zzzzzzz

Says the guy who in his posts resorts to mom barbs and doing physical violence. "The point" you made mentioned my avatar AND my comments. I just enjoy watching you squirm. You're now commenting on my posts not even directed at you to insult me. You're 0-60 in a day.

Wait a second, is this Fat Dooley? Do you have a story about your daughter Kelsey to share and some musical suggestions? Pat, is there where you get your "breaking" news?

Now here's a little lesson in life. Being called outed as Dooley. That is offensive.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n155639 said:
I know this is something that is necessary in the college football arms race, but this is so, so unnecessary for improving the play on the field. Are they going to practice in this when it's simply pouring outside? I hope not. This is a recruiting tool, which I get. But it's just like your damn kid wanting something because the other kids on the block have one. It's going to be negligible in improving us as a football team on the field but will hopefully accelerate us leaps and bounds in recruiting. Although, before this year. We really haven't had issues recruiting. Therefore, I don't even really see it necessary for that. Winning cures all. Not indoor practice facilities.

LeSigh. At least we won't miss summer and fall practices due to lighting. This will not be ready by fall of 2015. That is blowing a lot of sunshine up these recruits' ass.

Of course it matters. For both practicing time and recruiting. In case you weren't aware: If we can't practice because we keep getting rained out and we can't bring on recruits because we're so far behind in facilities, we're not going to win on the field. Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Ummmm..I can agree with both KC and DooleySucks...have we had great recruiting classes the last two years before this year? More or less, yes. But a few of the schools in front of us those years were in our own conference..and the players we got those years certainly haven't done much for the most part..now the big question (yet to be answered, obviously) is was it the players not being as good as their rankings or the terrible lack of ability to develop talent of the previous coaching staff? I sure hope it was the the second option.

I don't expect to get a great class THIS YEAR with such a late start and the fact we got all new coaches except for on the OL, but next years class will be telling. Can't wait.

Dec 10, 2014
GatorJ;n155782 said:
Of course it matters. For both practicing time and recruiting. In case you weren't aware: If we can't practice because we keep getting rained out and we can't bring on recruits because we're so far behind in facilities, we're not going to win on the field. Ridiculous post is ridiculous.

So did the inability to practice just start happening in 2010 and beyond? The point is that this facility is not being built for some on-the-field advantage. It's being built because everyone has it and recruits expect it. I get that. But my point is up until this year, we haven't had problems recruiting. We aren't recruiting well this year because it's a new coach inheriting a dumpster fire. If he wins 10 games next year, the need for this IPF is severely diminished.

If you are in favor of a IPF fine. I see what merit there is in it. But don't go on the pretense that this is going to make some major difference on the field.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n155790 said:
So did the inability to practice just start happening in 2010 and beyond? The point is that this facility is not being built for some on-the-field advantage. It's being built because everyone has it and recruits expect it. I get that. But my point is up until this year, we haven't had problems recruiting. We aren't recruiting well this year because it's a new coach inheriting a dumpster fire. If he wins 10 games next year, the need for this IPF is severely diminished.

If you are in favor of a IPF fine. I see what merit there is in it. But don't go on the pretense that this is going to make some major difference on the field.

The MAJOR reason for an IPF is, without question, recruiting. We won't know how much the ability to practice every time we won't to, bad weather or not, with the IPF, will impact play on the field at least until it is built and in use.

Will it be a big factor with out play on the field being better? Yet to be determined.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n155733 said:
Which class in the last couple of years do you consider "haven't really recruited"? The number four class in the nation in 2013 or the number eight class in the nation in 2014?

Let's talk about the guys we missed on... Lane, Cook, Algachor, Diggs... yes we have gotten good classes, but we have missed on offensive talent that would have made a difference. There are more to this list, but these were off the top of my head. I think I remember us missing on a couple OL last year as well.

So even though the classes may have been rated high, we missed out on a number of key recruits that could have made a difference in our success.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n155822 said:
Let's talk about the guys we missed on... Lane, Cook, Algachor, Diggs... yes we have gotten good classes, but we have missed on offensive talent that would have made a difference. There are more to this list, but these were off the top of my head. I think I remember us missing on a couple OL last year as well.

So even though the classes may have been rated high, we missed out on a number of key recruits that could have made a difference in our success.

No recruit would have made us successful while WM was our coach.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

The reason we are struggling this year is not due to lack of an IPF... I understand the point you are making, but to assume the IPF will not add any value in recruiting is also incorrect. It is something we need to keep up facility was and facilities are becoming more and more important in recruiting. Look at what Alabama and Oregon (and others) have done to their locker rooms. Don't you think players want to be in that type of facility?

I would not be surprised to see UF upgrade their locker room/player lounge as well.

g8trs99

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2014
I agree with Pat Dooley Sucks on this. We are in Florida not New York. The heat should be used as an advantage. I understand that when it storms and practice has to be cancelled and they cannot just be made up at any time as kids have different class schedules, but it is a bit silly. How many practices are you really going to use it? I hope it is not used for conditioning unless it is raining. Not that we play a lot of teams from outside the south, but I feel the heat just gives you a conditioning advantage. Now you are not ever going to practice in the rain? So that one wet game we may play in we become UT and fumble 6+ times? It stinks to spend $15 million just to keep up with the Jones'. Many NFL teams do not have indoor practice buildings.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
g8trs99;n155827 said:
I agree with Pat Dooley Sucks on this. We are in Florida not New York. The heat should be used as an advantage. I understand that when it storms and practice has to be cancelled and they cannot just be made up at any time as kids have different class schedules, but it is a bit silly. How many practices are you really going to use it? I hope it is not used for conditioning unless it is raining. Not that we play a lot of teams from outside the south, but I feel the heat just gives you a conditioning advantage. Now you are not ever going to practice in the rain? So that one wet game we may play in we become UT an fumble 6+ times? It stinks to spend $15 million just to keep up with the Jones'. Many NFL teams do not have indoor practice buildings.

If we have the money, and it helps recruiting..why not get it done?

Saying it won't help us win (on the field) may be true..but I seriously doubt at the same time it means we lose more.

This is mainly a recruiting ploy if you ask me..and worth it.

Dec 10, 2014
ATXGator;n155825 said:
The reason we are struggling this year is not due to lack of an IPF... I understand the point you are making, but to assume the IPF will not add any value in recruiting is also incorrect. It is something we need to keep up facility was and facilities are becoming more and more important in recruiting. Look at what Alabama and Oregon (and others) have done to their locker rooms. Don't you think players want to be in that type of facility?

I would not be surprised to see UF upgrade their locker room/player lounge as well.

No. I agree with you. I don't think it won't add value. I just don't think a). it adds the value people think and b). the value isn't in practicing. it's in recruiting. The UAA isn't advertising it like that though.

Dec 10, 2014
g8trs99;n155827 said:
I agree with Pat Dooley Sucks on this. We are in Florida not New York. The heat should be used as an advantage. I understand that when it storms and practice has to be cancelled and they cannot just be made up at any time as kids have different class schedules, but it is a bit silly. How many practices are you really going to use it? I hope it is not used for conditioning unless it is raining. Not that we play a lot of teams from outside the south, but I feel the heat just gives you a conditioning advantage. Now you are not ever going to practice in the rain? So that one wet game we may play in we become UT an fumble 6+ times? It stinks to spend $15 million just to keep up with the Jones'. Many NFL teams do not have indoor practice buildings.

This is my biggest fear with the IPF

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

“This is something we have talked about internally for some time,” said Florida Athletics Director Jeremy Foley. “We have always been able to utilize the O’Connell Center as an indoor option for the football team, but with the renovation starting this spring, it will no longer be available.”

Twice during Florida's preparation for Florida State in the final week of the regular season the Gators' practices were either cut short or altered due to inclement weather.
Overall during the 2014 season, an estimated 30 practices were impacted by the weather, which forced the Gators to reschedule practice, move inside to the Stephen C. O’Connell Center or Florida Gym, or cancel practice completely.
The team is forced to stop practice when lightning is within an eight-mile radius.

Sounds to me it's a lot more than just recruiting...

may not have helped last year with the crap ass coaching we had but you can't miss or alter that many practices and not have an impact.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n155840 said:
This is my biggest fear with the IPF
Green Bay has an IPF and they still dominate in cold weather games

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

We missed 6 practices last year due to rain. That's like giving everyone else a an extra week of practice and recruiting ammunition. Who knows how limited our practices are by August heat also. I think it's a great addition. I don't think it's just us flexing our muscle like you imply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.