Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty sure me and webb tied. We both had total 48, Gators 17. It ended up being total 50, Gators 17. Don't think anyone else was closer

:grin:

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
By my amazing math skillz, i came up with the following list. Feel free to correct any errors you find, as I was still seeing red from the ineptness i watched in Dallas and didn't double check shiat, ( i figured if you followed our team lately, seeing shiat has sorta become the norm)

Total score was 50, our beloved Gators 17 (yea defense)

1st place Phineus Maximus total 51 Gators 17 10 points
2nd place (tie) NavetG8r total 51 Gators 34 8 points
Marianna_Fl_Gator total 51 Gators 34 8 points
4th place (tie) Durty South total 48 Gators 17 4 points
Gardnerwebbgator total 48 Gators 17 4 points

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't understand how you can win when you don't even pick the winner correctly.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, something's rotten in Denmark. Webb and I were 2 points off the total, and we picked the team score exactly, and we picked the correct winner. We got a 4th place tie and 4 points.

The only score closer was fin by 1 point. The 2 and 3 spots picked the wrong winner, and we're WAY off on the team score, and yet...

The scoring rules in this contest stink like mac's offense.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ok, i see we have some people who read the rules like our offense practices a play, one time real quick and think they got it.

From Page 1 where it started - "on the mark or closest to actual score. (You can be over)" nobody was on the mark, 50, so the then it goes to closest, still following? (good, that's more attention than our players give to the S&C coach)

the second part, state the Gators score - "2 - points by the Gators ( to determine tie breakers)" guessing the Gators score is to be used for breaking ties, so people who were closest to the total score are considered first, if 2 or more have the same total score, the one 'on the mark or closest' by the Gators will determine their position,

the contest is total points for the game.. anybody wanting to run another contest with different rules, have at it, it is going to suck week after week to have to guess total points, and then having to pick a number that will be less than half of that total for Gators, knowing this shiatshow of Butters & Nuss couldn't score with one of Silky's girls and fist load of $100

So Durty, to rewrap your points, Phin, Nav and Mari were 1 point away from the total of 50, so to tie break them, we use the Gator points, Phin nailed it, 1st place, the other had the same points for the Gators, so 2nd & 3rd (splitting 2nd ranking, like golf) then you and Gardnewebbgator show up with being 2 off, (there were quite a few who were 2 off, but because you 2 nailed the exact Gator points, boom, you are 4th and 5th, (splitting 4th)

Be happy I actually took the time to keep this alive, after that epic ineptness we witnessed in Dallas I was ready to come back for the start of the 2018 season to see anything had changed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator