Oh by the way

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
UT's "savior" Butch Jones, is now 2-8 in the SEC. Amazing!

All that gimmicky nonsense he employs is really paying off for them.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah especially that dick move of slapping the center's arm as he's snapping the ball.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even though they are not there yet, enthusiasm and energy in your team is important. They are very young, and I think if he can keep them motivated, even in close losses, they are going to be pretty good real soon.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Most of our producers are young too. So we should be improving going forward.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Well, our head dunce was one no substitution decision away from being tarred and feathered. The key thing is realizing his team just told him who they are more comfortable with as QB. It's time to show some humility dunce... they play harder and your D sees a reason for shut downs. Just say yes to the Frosh, JD has yet to win a must/big game in his career. That's your answer dunce.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n69026 said:
UT's "savior" Butch Jones, is now 2-8 in the SEC. Amazing!

All that gimmicky nonsense he employs is really paying off for them.

Yes it was annoying to me hearing all the stuff than he does. Now as a coach I am concerned for an injured player, so concerned that I keep out of the way and let folks who can actually help him do so. It is not so important to know immediately if the player will be continuing at least to me. I also got tired of hearing how young they are, seems we play a lot of freshmen as well.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69074 said:
Even though they are not there yet, enthusiasm and energy in your team is important. They are very young, and I think if he can keep them motivated, even in close losses, they are going to be pretty good real soon.

Totally disagree. All that energy and enthusiasm is "fake juice." "Team 118," brick by brick, lil Jon rapping about 3rd down, checkerboard fans, gray uniforms, Jones running around at practice with a damn microphone in his hand screaming dumb stuff, etc. And what has it all meant, two damn conference wins in ten tries. Gimmicky doesn't work in the SEC.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I liked the Butch Jones hire, but it seems he is UT's version of Will Muschamp.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They hired the guy who lost to Dooley.

He's still the guy who lost to Dooley.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n69342 said:
Totally disagree. All that energy and enthusiasm is "fake juice." "Team 118," brick by brick, lil Jon rapping about 3rd down, checkerboard fans, gray uniforms, Jones running around at practice with a damn microphone in his hand screaming dumb stuff, etc. And what has it all meant, two damn conference wins in ten tries. Gimmicky doesn't work in the SEC.

When I read or hear Butch Jones, this is what I see...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
While waiting let's remember Driskel scored zero for 3 quarters against UT's defense.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n69370 said:
I guess we'll just have to wait and see won't we?

Until when? Next year? Is Tennessee going to improve next year with that same group of stiffs on the o-line and that Peterman goofball at QB? And minus AJ Johnson on defense?

Butch Jones will be 15-21 at best after 3 seasons at UT.

But he's #1 in the country at running gimmicks. Sprinting down to the other end after the quarter like a bunch of jackasses.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n69350 said:
I liked the Butch Jones hire, but it seems he is UT's version of Will Muschamp.

Not exactly. For all his faults, Muschamp is 4-0 against UT. I'm not saying Muschamp is my guy, but I damn sure wouldn't want Captain Gimmick either.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n69420 said:
And now he has lost to BOOM.

......twice. Both times with the backup QB doing a majority of the offense's heavy lifting.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Chatty will go in there next week and give them fits. Not beat them, but will make them sweat a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.