Oh no, it can't possibly happen AGAIN

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Weather projection for Saturday is low 90s and 50% chance of rain, scattered thunderstorms. Oh no, it can't happen again, can it? :eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I doubt it would last long enough to cancel the game again.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think it is was interesting the last time a home opener was cancelled due to weather the second week opponent was Eastern Michigan. It won't happen again, that was a nasty storm, the type that usually doesn't hang around for 7 straight hours.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At least this game is at 4, so if it gets delayed, there's more time to get it started back up. But that's a pretty standard forecast for this time of year. Might hit us, might not.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's Florida...it storms a lot. weather channel lists 50% or greater chance of thunderstorms every day in gainesville this week...

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30;n40330 said:
It is Urban Meyer's fault. :suspect:

jlhtl.gif

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dear Florida Footabll fans; I have been in contact with EMU officials as well as NCAA and SEC officials regarding this weekends game and the possibility of another 'catastrohphic' weather event. In the event that the game is canceled, we have made arrangements to play the game at noon on Sunday 9/7. I realize this will inconvenience some fans, stadium personnel and others, and we sincerely apologize for that, but this is our best option to salvage an actual 2014 football season. Sincerely, Jeremy Foley

88drgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
We should re-name the "Swamp." We can't blame God for obliging us with that name.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We need to be mudders!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
IT CAN'T POSSIBLY HAPPEN AGAIN should be the theme of wm's Year 4.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
They just had to choose "Thunderstruck."

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n40669 said:
IT CAN'T POSSIBLY HAPPEN AGAIN should be the theme of wm's Year 4.

Now that right there is funny...I don't care who you are.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
storm(s) might last awhile, but probably will not be like last week.

As has been mentioned by various people who saw radar, the storm cell was small and hung over Gville and grew.

12 hour time loop on weatheronline showed the cells start, build, move west in north fla. west and north in south fla, Then the one cell stopped over gaineville, and grew. What was not apparent in still shots, but was on time loop, was that the line of storms south of this formed an arm and the ones above this area into tennessee formed an arm that rotated around the cell over gainesvlle as the stationary anchor point for hours until after midnight when the cell here started moving again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.