Ohio basketball team loses 108-1

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
As if losing in such fashion isn't bad enough already, the coach has to make it worse by saying they weren't even really trying to play defense. So basically, uncontested, they still couldn't make a shot. Nice.:lol:

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We had soccer matches like that, to the point where we ran our offense and were told not to shoot anymore. We simply worked it up the field and got in the goalie's face and left the ball for him. I could see the coach here telling his team to practice running out the clock, to pass until there are only a few seconds left and then either take the shot (they ought to be able to practice that as well) or take the turnover to give the other team the ball.

Then again, Spurrier would have had no mercy - our job is to score, their job is to stop us. Game on.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't that the score when we beat Ohio State in the National Title game?
It never gets old
gators-24.jpg

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Running up the score translated means, "I'm a royal candyass, and my feelings are hurt."

Speaking of never getting old.........

Crying%20Buckeye.11.jpg

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've been on a basketball team that got embarrassed. I was more pissed off at the opponent letting up at the end than by the score. I let them know with a couple of flagrants.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As if losing in such fashion isn't bad enough already, the coach has to make it worse by saying they weren't even really trying to play defense. So basically, uncontested, they still couldn't make a shot. Nice.:lol:
Probably felt he had to defend the outcome. They fire coaches for being on the winning end of a lopsided contest like that these days.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
"According to Cleveland.com, Gilmour Academy defeated Northeast Ohio College Prep 108-1 in a Division III North Ridgeville Sectional semifinal game."

Semifinal game? What I want to know was just how bad were the the teams that this one point outfit beat to get to the semifinals?

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
I graduated from Gilmour Academy many moons ago. They were never ones to run up the score and I don't believe things have changed - course it was a boy's only school then. Art Rooney - Steelers President - was our QB back then.

If you were to google the school, you'd see that this "game score" doesn't jive.

Last edited:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
At least they could shoot free throws, er, ah, I mean free throw.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I had some history with one of these terrible type of teams and it played out like one of those cheesy kids movies except we sure as hell didn't win the championship in the end.

I helped my son coach a 10 year old flag football team one season for some of his public service requirements in high school. We had never been involved with this league and because my son found out about the coaching vacancy late we missed the tryouts and league "draft". Thus, we ended up with all the kids none of the other teams wanted including a kid with autism and another kid who's parents signed him up to help "socialize" him. He wanted to be anywhere other than a football field.

The coach with the best team obviously loaded it up with the best players claiming that he had to have "best-player-so-and-so" on his team because he shared a ride with "other-best-player-so-and-so". And of course he had to have his son and his son's best friends who also happened to be good players etc., etc., etc.,. You know the kind of guy. Anyway, we sucked out loud. Couldn't run, throw or catch. The autistic kid, bless his heart, tried but just couldn't grasp the concepts of football and the other kid would spend practice in la-la land singing showtunes.

So when we played the stacked team with dooshbag coach they were predictably annihilating us. They were using trick plays even after they were winning by a half dozen touchdowns and dooshboy was acting like he was winning the Super Bowl. My kids were trying and weren't letting up even though we had no chance. By the 4th quarter it was a rout. So dooshboy decides he's going to be "magnanimous" and has his kids no even try to grab my kids' flags or even run after them. This of course embarrassed my kids to no end and pissed me the f**k off. I walked over to smirking dooshboy and quietly told him to cut that sh!t out and that if he does it again we will have sterner words later. He feigned righteous indignation but had his kids quit.

It's been 6-7 years, but when I see this guy around town I still stare him down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.