OK Prison Guards guilty of "cruelty" over using Baby Shark song

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Oklahoma prison guards sentenced to probation for forcing inmates to listen to the "Baby Shark" song at loud volume on repeat.

I'm sure the parents and grandparents among us can definitely agree this could be considered torture.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Ironically, listening to an annoying song on loop may or may not have been a hazing idea I came up with... :whistle:

Two hours of "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes and then two hours of "Blue" by Eiffel 65.

Definitely "cruel and unusual" punishment.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ironically, listening to an annoying song on loop may or may not have been a hazing idea I came up with... :whistle:

Two hours of "Blue" by LeAnn Rimes and then two hours of "Blue" by Eiffel 65.

Definitely "cruel and unusual" punishment.
Monster

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If the worst you have it in jail is being forced to listen to Baby Shark, then what's the big deal? This country is getting so soft that even our prisoners are a bunch of babies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If the worst you have it in jail is being forced to listen to Baby Shark, then what's the big deal? This country is getting so soft that even our prisoners are a bunch of babies.

Can you think of any way these prisoners could potentially have avoided—via their life choices—being subjected to listen to this song on loop? I thought about it and can’t think of anything.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Does this mean I can sue the US Air Force and the SERE instructors for the 28 hours of sitar music that played constantly while I was blindfolded and packed in a box?

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Does this mean I can sue the US Air Force and the SERE instructors for the 28 hours of sitar music that played constantly while I was blindfolded and packed in a box?

Its Friday GIF by HBO Max

The military says fuch your rights.
We Marines even coined a term for it: The Big Green Weenie.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

That sounds bad. I was once stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean for like 45 minutes. The ride stopped, but not the song or the braying donkey right by my head. I asked if we could just be it the boat and walk out, but was informed by a pudgy homosexual(I know, even then, who’d have guessed) that it was far too dangerous to walk along the designed walking area that surrounds the path. So there I sat. Anyway, I’m inspired to pursue this now. And I want you all to know if those goes well, a round of drinks is on me.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Lame. I have little doubt the inmates deserved every second of that punishment.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That sounds bad. I was once stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean for like 45 minutes. The ride stopped, but not the song or the braying donkey right by my head. I asked if we could just be it the boat and walk out, but was informed by a pudgy homosexual(I know, even then, who’d have guessed) that it was far too dangerous to walk along the designed walking area that surrounds the path. So there I sat. Anyway, I’m inspired to pursue this now. And I want you all to know if those goes well, a round of drinks is on me.
I can think of another song at Disney, that one hears also while riding in a boat, that’s even more annoying. I dare not mention it’s name for fear of activating a lot of parental PTSD.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
tell me you want everyone to know youre super cool b/c one time you had some high speed training, without actually telling me...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I can think of another song at Disney, that one hears also while riding in a boat, that’s even more annoying. I dare not mention it’s name for fear of activating a lot of parental PTSD.

Actually, that one isn’t quite as bad to me. I’m usually so distracted by the blatant racial/ethnic stereotyping that I don’t even notice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator