Recruiting Ok recruiting experts, which would you rather have....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Would you rather have:

1. A transition class of about 25 and a bump class of 5

or

2. A transition class of 12 to 15 and a second class of 12 to 15, ie no bump?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
25/5. Transition classes are usually disasters and if you have a top 5 class you're going to have some difference makers. We all saw what happens when your bump class is 15th. Pass.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not sure why you're asking. Do you really think this class will catapult to 12 to 15? Otherwise it's a hypothetical question.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Id rather have two "UF average" classes of top 7 or so AT LEAST, but of course you have to give some.slack.for the bump class.

Id rather never hire known bad recruiters like Butterteeth or Eddie.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Low expectations. This is how mediocrity becomes commonplace.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Id rather have two "UF average" classes of top 7 or so AT LEAST, but of course you have to give some.slack.for the bump class.

Well because of the various discussions of transition and bump classes here, i decided to roughly check:

Last year the 25th and 5th classes at 247 summed to: 3 5 star recruits, 17 4 star recruits and 25 3 star recruits, if you double UF's15th class you get 26 4 star recruits and 14 3 star recruits. I'll leave each to decide which is better for a program long term.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I love it. OP, heres a question guys.... GC posters, F your questions Fire everyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
if you double UF's15th class you get 26 4 star recruits and 14 3 star recruits. I'll leave each to decide which is better for a program long term.
You can double our 15 class all you want but we arent going to be anywhere near 26 bluechippers.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
1. all day long.

Even though it gets you less top talent? I can see the rationale that it shows the coach top 5 class and maybe going forward such a coach will get more talent. On the other hand the steady hand at recruiting might get you more Spurrier like year to year stability rather than the Meyer up and down type tenure.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You can double our 15 class all you want but we arent going to be anywhere near 26 bluechippers.

So UF got 13 "blue chippers" in the 2018 class. UF has 4 commitments of "blue chippers" now. So while some of the 4 could bail that puts UF at 17. So who might UF get in the 4 star and 5 star rankings that would get UF to maybe 23 or 24 which would at least be "close?"

UF at least has a shot at:

QB: probably none
RB: Sanders, Wright
WR: Higgins, Knox
TE: Zipperer
OL: Hammond
DL: Summerall,
LB: Black
DB: Andrews, Cross, Elam, Kimbrough

That is 12 that UF has some shot at and I could list a number more who are longer shots. Some of course are probably either or situations, but still getting half of these guys would put UF at 23 "blue chippers. Is that "close" in your view? Getting one of the RBs, both WRs, the Zipperer, Summerall, and 3 of the DBs would add 8 to the 17 and get UF to 25, is that "close" in your view?

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last year’s class was very acceptable, even better than top ten of you consider the transfers. Borderline remarkable.

This year’s class is unexplainable and unacceptable at this point. It makes no sense. How was momentum not built from the usually more difficult transition class?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
?"

UF at least has a shot at:

QB: probably none
RB: Sanders, Wright
WR: Higgins, Knox
TE: Zipperer
OL: Hammond
DL: Summerall,
LB: Black
DB: Andrews, Cross, Elam, Kimbrough

That is 12 that UF has some shot at and I could list a number more who are longer shots.
we won't get 20% of those.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Last year’s class was very acceptable, even better than top ten of you consider the transfers. Borderline remarkable.

This year’s class is unexplainable and unacceptable at this point. It makes no sense. How was momentum not built from the usually more difficult transition class?

I agree, but the fly in the ointment for guys like SD is that this is also Mullen's pattern at Miss. State. That naturally cause them concern in addition to their general negativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.