Old School toys and games

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jbossgator8, Jun 13, 2018 at 8:25 AM.

1. bradgator2

bradgator2 1/29/17 half marathon - 1 hour, 34 min, 2 secs
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,405
    Ratings:
    +7,506 / -44
    We still play uno. They’ve added a few extra interesting wild cards in there that make it pretty cut throat.

Thank god the kids have moved on from Life. That game freaking sucks.

• NVGator

NVGator Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $1,246
      Ratings:
      +5,068 / -115
      Mille Bornes was the shît.

• TLB

TLB Just chillin'
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,138
        Ratings:
        +3,625 / -36
        I didn't play much as a kid. I don't think my parents had much patience for it. I'm not so lucky. My family got a newer version that's a little more fun but still utterly a waste of time. There's an electronic device to track your score and you get ranked on wealth and children (have more kids, you win!), and my kids (9,12) sometime play around with same sex parents in their car. But anyway, the new version has four loops off a center loop and each focuses on something like life (adventures, trips, etc), wealth (career choice, education, etc) and you can trace through loops at your choosing over and over. Ultimately, it's a refresh but its still LIFE :loser:

MONOPOLY!

Again, we didn't play when I was a kid, but with my family the story is different. My son kills at this game. We don't play the traditional, and the kids used some sort of 'executive billionaire' version that can be done in like 20 min (much more tolerable). But my son also got the Marvel version and is always begging for people to play with him. He has some natural luck in skipping other people's properties and getting the boardwalk equivalent all the time. I like it for the Marvel connection and references, but it is just as long and painful as regular monopoly. I avoid it when I can. My daughter, several years back, got some 'mall brat' version. Luckily she never took to board games much and we never got into that one.

• stephenPE

stephenPE Senior Member
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $1,007
        Ratings:
        +5,088 / -254
        Elementary was marbles. I had a small trashcan full of winnings. We played monopoly and Careers.
        Rummy and Canasta. Discovered basketball in 6th grade and never stopped playing.........

• Zambo

Zambo Poo Flinger
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $1,289
          Ratings:
          +8,397 / -33
          My favorite toy was the wind-up Evel Kneivel motorcycle.

• g8tr72

g8tr72 Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
            $1,425
            Ratings:
            +4,268 / -14
            I bought a huge collection of old Tonka trucks and tractors at a yard sale, $25 for the set. A quick browse of some of those collector's site indicate I can probably triple my money easily if I decide to sell them.