One and Not Done

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For some strange reason, I decided to watch this 30 for 30 episode last night and I must say it was what I expected.
First, how in the he!! does a coach with one more trophy than I have, warrant a 30 for 30?

I watched it and it was a white washed version of the Cal story that went out of it's way to blame everyone other than Cal for anything bad that has happened at the schools he coached.
The idea was to position him as a champion of the players and a misunderstood crusader for all that is righteous. Pretty nauseating stuff.

My mistake for watching

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well Cal himself blames everyone else for anything that goes wrong, so sounds about like what I'd expect.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You have me interested now. I'll have to check it out. Sounds nauseating. To me, he is the most overrated coach. Look at the talent he has had at UK. To only have one title is embarrassing.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You have me interested now. I'll have to check it out. Sounds nauseating. To me, he is the most overrated coach. Look at the talent he has had at UK. To only have one title is embarrassing.

But Dick Vitale says he is a great coach so we must be wrong.

As I mentioned, Cal has one more trophy than I do and I have yet to recruit a five star player.
Maybe I am crazy but I still believe catnation is going to wake up one day and realize that they have been used by Cal and a vast group of mercenaries to get everything they wanted from college basketball while UK has become the Atlanta Braves of college basketball.

Case in point is when UK had five players selected in the first round. Cal declared it "the greatest day in the history of Kentucky basketball" even though he won nothing that year. I am not a UK fan but even I was offended by that statement since it illustrates what I am saying.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He cheats, he lies and he kicks puppies!

I hate the Basterd!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Case in point is when UK had five players selected in the first round. Cal declared it "the greatest day in the history of Kentucky basketball" even though he won nothing that year. I am not a UK fan but even I was offended by that statement since it illustrates what I am saying.

That's basically bragging he had the most talented team in college basketball yet won nothing. What an idiot he is.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Cal=Little Nick
Little Nick=Cal

They both are the "Chosen one's" by the media and they will do whatever to protect them.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
calmoney.jpg

Alex.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cal sucks IMO. Although he has one trophy, he's the Mark Richt of CBB. Done so little with so much talent.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure what to think as far as his coaching goes but he has to know all the dirty stuff that went on. He does have a bunch of Final Fours there but you would expect more than one championship by now considering he gets every one and done he wants.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I actually like the documentary. If you look at it with an open mind, you learn an awful lot about the guy. Do they whitewash? Yeah I think to a degree, but I think if you really look, you'll see him for what he is. I think he wanted to be that 5* kid that won championships and went to the NBA, but he just wasn't talented enough, so he lives vicariously through these guys. He's an immensely talented motivator, but I just don't see a high level of Xs and Os. Instead it's all about passion and fight. i do think he loves the kids that he gets, and I don't think that was fake. I think he's a genius in how he's read the market and reacted to it. Great coach, no. Great motivator and General Manager, yes. Do I think he cheats? Yes. As much as people say? No. He stuck it to John Chaney, which makes him more tolerable in my eyes.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
For some strange reason, I decided to watch this 30 for 30 episode last night and I must say it was what I expected.
First, how in the he!! does a coach with one more trophy than I have, warrant a 30 for 30?

I watched it and it was a white washed version of the Cal story that went out of it's way to blame everyone other than Cal for anything bad that has happened at the schools he coached.
The idea was to position him as a champion of the players and a misunderstood crusader for all that is righteous. Pretty nauseating stuff.

My mistake for watching
I haven't watched it yet....so don't watch it?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't watched it yet....so don't watch it?
It's worth it if anything for the way he describes how close Rose came to blocking Mario Chalmers' tying 3 pointer to send the NC game into OT, with KS eventually winning, and Cal whining. :lol:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's worth it if anything for the way he describes how close Rose came to blocking Mario Chalmers' tying 3 pointer to send the NC game into OT, with KS eventually winning, and Cal whining. :lol:
That's cool and all, but Cal should STFU because the championship would have gotten taken away because of the very player who blocked Chalmers' shot. Womp womp!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If you ever get over to Rupp Rafters their entire fanbase has bought into the one and done philosophy.

They would sell their souls twice over. Getting to the NBA is almost as much an objective as winning.

It's bizarre. Some of those older fans have to feel cheap inside. It's a mockery of organized basketball.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why is there shock about this when the network of cretins that produced it are the same bunch who consider a chick with a dick as a great example of 'courage'. **** ESPN and **** Vitale too, why hasn't he been sent out to pasture yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.