Orange and Blue Game will feature scrimmaging only

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not enough players for an actual game to split into 2 teams. Orange and Blue scrimmage
McElwain said the annual spring game on April 11 will feature some live scrimmaging, but that the Gators do not have enough available players, especially on the offensive line, to break into two teams.
“Our O-line, I can't say enough how they're hanging in there,” he said. “But we won't have true teams necessarily, we'll have to do just some offense against defense just because we don't have enough really to have two teams out there. We're still kind of working with that. But, you know, we'll have a lot of competition going on, there's no doubt about it."

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I hope there's a much better outcome than the last time this happened. :fear:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There was no time to fix it. Jucos and EEs signed in December or 1st week of Jan. Zero chance for Mac to fix that especially given that we weren't even bothering to recruit those guys before Chimp was fired.

This isn't on Mac. This is on Chimp and Fooley for keeping him.

Fooley knows it. He knows how much disdain there is for him. He hitched his future to Chimp's and lost big. He had better pray Mac turns it around quickly bc it won't be Fooley making the next hire if he doesn't.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We knew it was coming, no conceivable way to have game, hell they can't even practice properly with so few linemen.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
dubster1;n202145 said:
its:bananaburn: simply amazing how he is still employed
^^^^ This! He should of got the boot with the chump for the mess that was left behind. There is no excuse for the bull$hit our players have had to endure during the last 4 yrs. These kids have been made to think they we're losers because of the incompetent f*ck fooley hired. The fact is they are not losers,the coach was and everyone except Fooley knew that.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just please let it not be like that spring scrimmage we had a couple years ago where we had to watch those two idiots talk the whole time while only able to "almost" see the team practicing in the background behind them.:facepalm:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
NavetG8r;n202184 said:
Just please let it not be like that spring scrimmage we had a couple years ago where we had to watch those two idiots talk the whole time while only able to "almost" see the team practicing in the background behind them.:facepalm:

This. Soooo this. That was embarrassingly bad. I want to actually see the team. If I wanted to watch two idiots talking I'd watch Bayless and Stephen A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator