Orange & Blue Spring Game Thread

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's game day snitches!!!

Prediction: Franks looks like a heisman candidate and Nuss calls a fabulous game.

Discuss.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The 1st team offense looks pretty dominant going against the mainly 2nd team defense playing vanilla. The starting O line will push around the D line some resulting in some nice runs and Franks will make a few big sideline passes to our receivers. I think the coaching staff is going to avoid having the QBs throwing too many high risk passes.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The 1st team offense looks pretty dominant going against the mainly 2nd team defense playing vanilla. The starting O line will push around the D line some resulting in some nice runs and Franks will make a few big sideline passes to our receivers. I think the coaching staff is going to avoid having the QBs throwing too many high risk passes.

I just want to see Franks calm under pressure and not throwing any boneheaded picks. That would be enough for me to feel slightly optimistic for this season.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just want to see Franks calm under pressure and not throwing any boneheaded picks. That would be enough for me to feel slightly optimistic for this season.

It would make me feel a lot better if Mac was to challenge him in the game with the stuff he apparently struggles with some. If all I see is completed sideline type passes whether deep or short and dump offs I am not going to get any more confident but if I see Franks throwing nice passes where the receivers aren't mostly isolated in one on one matchups I will be a little more confident.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Prediction:

When the game is over we will know very little about how good the team will be next year.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
BREAKING NEWS:

This article says the game will be 1st team O vs. 1st team D...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/5-things-want-see-floridas-spring-game/

All eyes are on the quarterbacks, but that’s not all I’ll be looking for on Friday night:

1. Strength vs. strength
A year ago, it looked like the Florida offense was back. Luke Del Rio marched the team up and down the field, completed nearly all of his passes (11-of-12) and threw two touchdowns – against the second-team defense. After a devastating post-Will Grier finish to the 2015 season, McElwain likely felt it was necessary to remind everyone that his offense can actually score points. By purposely mismatching the first and second strings, the coach gave the fans some fireworks.

This time around, it should be first-team against first-team. Fans remember Del Rio’s impressive spring game and shaky regular season. If Friday night has Franks lighting up the second-team defense, it tells us nothing about Florida heading into the 2017 season.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I predict Franks will play better than he did at last year's spring game... only because he can't play any worse.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Franks should be much more settled down this year after being around for a season. I think he will turn out to be decent.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Pssssst, we already have a game prediction thread, this is the actual game thread.:stickpoke:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask lights up the scoreboard with an aerial assault like we haven't seen since the days of Rexy

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Trask lights up the scoreboard with an aerial assault like we haven't seen since the days of Rexy

From the above article.....
While Franks might have the stronger right arm, it's not like Trask has a noodle. He might throw an even prettier ball and some around the program think he has more control.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the above article.....
While Franks might have the stronger right arm, it's not like Trask has a noodle. He might throw an even prettier ball and some around the program think he has more control.

From what I've heard, Frank's stronger arm, Trask better touch. But this is Spring, a lot can change from Spring to Fall.. a lot of work will be put in by the team to get ready.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
From what I've heard, Frank's stronger arm, Trask better touch. But this is Spring, a lot can change from Spring to Fall.. a lot of work will be put in by the team to get ready.

I have said repeatedly that I believe Franks will start and I think he brings more to the table overall. Im just glad Trask is doing so well because we really need him to.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There is much that can be gleaned from a scrimmage.

At some point, the QB will be pressured. Will he sense it? How well does he move around in the pocket? Does he keep his eyes downfield going through his progressions, or does he panic? Forget the plays where the protection is perfect. Just consider the ones where there's some pressure.

Do we have a good tackling defense? Are they running into people, or using good form to wrap up and tackle? This can tell you early on whether we're going to have a stingy defense or if we're going to see a lot of long touchdowns by the guys in the wrong color jerseys.

Do the DBs have ball awareness? You can be fast and quick enough to run with any WR, but if you can't pick up the ball in the air and react to it, you're no good (I'm looking at you, Wondy). Watch how their heads and hands move as the ball approaches, not just how close are they to the receiver.

Alex.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I predict after the game, half this board will be optimistic about the future, and the other half will be pessimistic about it.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
BREAKING NEWS:

This article says the game will be 1st team O vs. 1st team D...

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/5-things-want-see-floridas-spring-game/

All eyes are on the quarterbacks, but that’s not all I’ll be looking for on Friday night:

1. Strength vs. strength
A year ago, it looked like the Florida offense was back. Luke Del Rio marched the team up and down the field, completed nearly all of his passes (11-of-12) and threw two touchdowns – against the second-team defense. After a devastating post-Will Grier finish to the 2015 season, McElwain likely felt it was necessary to remind everyone that his offense can actually score points. By purposely mismatching the first and second strings, the coach gave the fans some fireworks.

This time around, it should be first-team against first-team. Fans remember Del Rio’s impressive spring game and shaky regular season. If Friday night has Franks lighting up the second-team defense, it tells us nothing about Florida heading into the 2017 season.

Isn't that what the writer wants to see, not what will actually happen?

I'll bet they keep it 1s vs 2s, but I hope they do what we all want to see and match 1s

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.