Orange Endzones for Missouri

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Wikipedia:

His career effectively ended on October 10, 1993, in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. While planting his feet to catch an underthrown deep ball from QB Jim Harbaugh, his cleats got stuck in the Astroturf at Veterans Stadium. The force of being pulled back to the ground was so severe that it completely severed the patella tendon in each of his knees. Doctors later found his kneecaps had been pushed all the way into his thighs. He spent several months in a wheelchair, with his legs encased in casts from thigh to ankle.

Start at 9:22.

I don't like watching injuries, so I didnt watch the video so I'm just going off my memory, but didn't the Phillies and Eagles share Veterans Stadium and the loose seams came from a lousy job of transitioning the field.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't like watching injuries, so I didnt watch the video so I'm just going off my memory, but didn't the Phillies and Eagles share Veterans Stadium and the loose seams came from a lousy job of transitioning the field.
Bingo. Phillies went to the '93 WS.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Multi use stadiums and their painted concrete ruined many careers.
The irony was, the fake shyt was supposed to extend them. The prevailing thinking at the time was that too many serious knee injuries resulted from cleats getting caught in grass.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
They also don’t have orange endzones...just plain grass with auburn painted :lmao:

Can’t wait for the next it looks like (insert team that has endzones that look nothing like this)
Touche'. What I meant, and should have said, is:

The shades of orange and blue used on the University of Florida endzone look more like the shades of orange and blue used by Auburn as its school colors, and not like the shades of orange and blue that I have seen and associate with the school colors of the University of Florida.

Is that a detailed enough communication of the gist of the brief thought I had upon typing out my previous, very abbreviated post, or do you require even more information in order to fully comprehend the point I was, and am now, attempting to make? :fistbump:

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Orange...reminds me of Charlie Pell days.

That the 80s for you youngsters.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Still not clear which is the predominate color.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think they should put the white Gator helmet with the italicized F at midfield

I don’t have to tell you. It’s about to get very rough for you here. Nothing I say will help. Just make sure your doors are locked, batteries in the flashlights. Mags and clips where you can reach em, and extra grenades for the base runners.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Touche'. What I meant, and should have said, is:

The shades of orange and blue used on the University of Florida endzone look more like the shades of orange and blue used by Auburn as its school colors, and not like the shades of orange and blue that I have seen and associate with the school colors of the University of Florida.

Is that a detailed enough communication of the gist of the brief thought I had upon typing out my previous, very abbreviated post, or do you require even more information in order to fully comprehend the point I was, and am now, attempting to make? :fistbump:

Have you seen the field in person? Trust me that the colors look different on every single one of our computers.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Have you seen the field in person? Trust me that the colors look different on every single one of our computers.
Thanks for the good news, Threat. I haven't seen the Auburn orange version I saw in the photograph in person, and will happily take your word for it.

Last edited:

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
For all you get off my lawn types, there is a rumor we are going with a throwback uniform today

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
For all you get off my lawn types, there is a rumor we are going with a throwback uniform today
Article I saw said blue jerseys on white pants, but I suppose they didn’t specify if they were throwbacks or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator