Orlando Sentinel headline-Foley: Muschamp will have entire season.....

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we hire a coach early like osu did with Meyer maybe he could get a jump start on recruiting like meyer did. Plus we only have 9 commits whoever and whenever they're hired they're going to have their work cut out for them. Idk if firing him during the season will help or not but some of us are just so anxious for it to happen.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n63022 said:
Talks really can't start with a coach until their season is over. At least regular season is over. So there is no benefit to making an annoucement sooner... it actually hurts the team, because if Muschamp thinks he is the coach he keeps recruiting and some guys will stay because they want to be Gators regardless of the coach..., but if there is nobody recruiting them and giving them offers... they can't sign.
Talks cannot start with the coaches but, talks can start with their agents to gauge interest...

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ergator920103;n63038 said:
Talks cannot start with the coaches but, talks can start with their agents to gauge interest...

Let us all be honest, talks to their representatives about their interest in the job has been going on since before the season started.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
TheDouglas78;n63040 said:
Let us all be honest, talks to their representatives about their interest in the job has been going on since before the season started.

This. Naive to think otherwise.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly hope that is occurring.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Probably right. I kinda miss your old avitar. Why all the creepy avis?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Just changing it up a bit, the first creepy one was actually me in a Halloween store last year, this is something my wife made for Halloween last year. Just getting in the mood for Halloween.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
I was thinking that then I thought their was the possibility you became depressed or decided to join some kind of goth cult. Glad ur ok

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n62811 said:
People act like this is news.

1. What is he supposed to say?

2. If he does fire Muschamp it won't be until the end of the season... even if he makes the decision earlier.. it won't be communicated until the season is over.

This. Mostly.

I have to believe that if we go on a long losing streak like last year, he'll have to pull the plug. Say, if we're sitting at 2-6 or so. Or, what if we lose in the same awful manner we lost to Bammer? How could he not? Everyone (except Muschamp, apparently) would know it's coming and why leave the fool twisting in the wind? Why leave all of us fools twisting in the wind??

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd said:
The fact is it looks better for the program if you give a coach 4 full years and not pull the plug mid season. Like it or not it is the classy thing to do.
not better for the players' careers

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
URGatorBait;n62857 said:
He better do this, he better do that....or what???

He will look like a bigger fool than he already has on the issue. These guys all have egos and it will eat him up with the media and fans etc non stop saying what the hell is he doing. If we were to have 4 losses after a Georgia loss it will be crazy how big the uproar is.
I like it, too.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
hi-res-1d7577b562e9fee851de9744b3424b6b_crop_north.jpg

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78 said:
soflagator;n62958 said:
See, I think that's an equally wrong(dangerous) mindset. I don't blame him so much for Zook, because that was largely a result of how and when Spurrier left. But he had a year to pick the best overall option for UF, when we were still on top of the world and considered a top 3 job, and he came up with Muschamp. That's bad, no matter who you are or how you slice it. He's obviously capable of making mistakes, which means the discussion of said mistakes--within reason--is perfectly justified.

Remember how well Muschamp was regarding before he took the job here. He was considered one of the best assistant coaches if not the best assistant coach in the country. In hidsight it appears to be a bad hire, but at the time it seemed like a smart hire considering what happened with the previous regime.
He wasn't considered one of the best over on Shaggy Bevo. They were overjoyed that he was gone.to UF,

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
TheDouglas78;n62959 said:
Remember how well Muschamp was regarding before he took the job here. He was considered one of the best assistant coaches if not the best assistant coach in the country. In hidsight it appears to be a bad hire, but at the time it seemed like a smart hire considering what happened with the previous regime.
And he was also the coach in waiting at Texas.
What I just said above. There was quite a bit of relief he was gone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
It probably has a fake name on it. I'm surprised he isn't wearing a wig, mustache, and sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator