Orlando Sentinel headline-Foley: Muschamp will have entire season.....

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
So far, I haven't seen anyone mention something Mainland_Buc_75 wrote about. At least I think it was him.
Anyway, that is the 2 extensions Foley and Matchen gave back to back, and the resultant increase in the amount of money that is now in the buyout. If I am an AD or university president, that is a factor that might make me want to believe the best and regardless of what I see or believe, drag my feet.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What are the odds of Foley screwing up another football hire?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n63117 said:
hi-res-1d7577b562e9fee851de9744b3424b6b_crop_north.jpg
That's what the stadium is going to look like for the LSU game

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n63168 said:

I have wondered when it will show if Tenn pulls the upset on us. My guess is the first game would be Missouri since I read that a lot of the LSU and SC tickets had already been sold.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n63097 said:
This. Mostly.

I have to believe that if we go on a long losing streak like last year, he'll have to pull the plug. Say, if we're sitting at 2-6 or so. Or, what if we lose in the same awful manner we lost to Bammer? How could he not? Everyone (except Muschamp, apparently) would know it's coming and why leave the fool twisting in the wind? Why leave all of us fools twisting in the wind??

If 2-6 happens, I couldn't agree more.
I'd rather see 6-2 myself.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever said:
t-gator;n63168 said:

I have wondered when it will show if Tenn pulls the upset on us. My guess is the first game would be Missouri since I read that a lot of the LSU and SC tickets had already been sold.
I wouldn't call it an upset

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Since he gave him 2014, I don't expect him to pull the plug before the season ends unless we take a nosedive like last year. We all know that, but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The players can say the politically correct thing all day long...but I keep seeing the energy and excitement drained from them because we are not making adjustments to plays and players. It won't take long for this season to fall apart if everyone keeps staying the course...Foley included.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n63225 said:
The players can say the politically correct thing all day long...but I keep seeing the energy and excitement drained from them because we are not making adjustments to plays and players. It won't take long for this season to fall apart if everyone keeps staying the course...Foley included.

This is what I see, also. I think they are trying to keep their motivation up., but they are human, not superhuman or machines.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is that this is a far cry from "Will muschamp will be the coach here for a long time". We'll see what they are quoting him at in 2 weeks.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n63259 said:
The good news is that this is a far cry from "Will muschamp will be the coach here for a long time". We'll see what they are quoting him at in 2 weeks.

Much better than 'he'll be the head coach next season'.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
T REX;n63157 said:
What are the odds of Foley screwing up another football hire?

He's batting .333 or .000 depending on whether you think Foley or Machen was at bat for the Urban hire.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Did he?

Now see how confusing. Who am I responding to? Should I quote their comment? And then my comment that they commented to? And their comment to my post?
The madness! :panic:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like I said before, it worked in 1984 with Hall replacing Pell four games in, and it didn't damage any player careers. Duncechamp should have been canned after last Saturday.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n63339 said:
Like I said before, it worked in 1984 with Hall replacing Pell four games in, and it didn't damage any player careers. Duncechamp should have been canned after last Saturday.
Promoting an Offensive coordinator from within I'd consider. Obviously worked with Hall. But at this stage of the game Florida should not be taking a chance on someone who has not already demonstrated that they can run a program and win convincingly while doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator