Orlando Sentinel headline-Foley: Muschamp will have entire season.....

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Mudd;n62828 said:
The fact is it looks better for the program if you give a coach 4 full years and not pull the plug mid season. Like it or not it is the classy thing to do.
There's nothing classy about being in the toilet with the rest of the turds.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
It certainly has been horrible to watch. Fooley is the biggest problems. The chump is just doing his incompetent best. I still remember his little "threat" after the win at A&M, "This is who we are". Fooley hired him and refused to fire him. He's the turd in the punch bowl.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n62924 said:
If Foley fixes the mistake, I find it hard to have anything against him. Great ADs can still make mistakes. It looks that way with WM. But the killer for us was the injuries last year. Everyone was talking about it, while also pointing to the 11 wins the previous year. As bad as it was, and as obvious as it was to most that injuries were not the real issue, Foley would have probably been crucified for making a move. If Franklin stays one more year, it's probably already in the works. Bad timing to have the injury-plagued season we had, because it just masked the problem. Then again, so did every thing going our way in 2012. We've been a mirage. But it's hard to blame Foley for that, imo.
As my mom would have said, "Great AD my eye"! Why because he hired a good softball and volleyball coach? It's football that matters and if he can't take any credit for Meyer's hire, why the continual accolades. Fooley is a clown that should be fired first. The chump is just being his incompetent self but it's Fooley that's the turd in the punch bowl. I'll never forgive him for retaining the chump after last year's fiasco.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
One thing is for sure. Things are going to get interesting around here this week through next Saturday evening. Who knows what the environment will be like around here Saturday come about 4pm EST.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lest we all be reminded that it was Foley who pulled the plug on Zook with several games remaining in 2004. It's not against his nature to do what has to be done, but this is different. Muschamp is HIS boy. The Foley statement to the Sentinel strikes me as buying time for his boy now that he's dug himself a hole during his farewell tour. The two will be forever linked in Florida football history, and that's not a good thing for Foley.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Foley may be thinking smartly about UF's next HC hire. Showing all that he doesn't snatch the rope too quickly.
That way soothing anyone thinking of hiring on. ("I see the AD put up with utter incompetence, bad product for 4 years.
I can turn this program faster than 4 years,") Voila!

To build us a dynasty, we need a youngish precocious HC & staff. I say Ruffin McNeil of ECU's pyrotechnic offense
plus his OC wunderkid Lincoln Riley. If they do with our level of recruits what they have with his level of recruits, then
we will be set up for winning with excitement (hell, losing with excitement will be an improvement). Let's coach-poach
from a school where the whole staff would jump at the chance. Then we can "deal" with McNeil for a different DC, etc.
if any of those seem weak.

In McNeil-Riley's teaching-coaching-up, more players will get off the bench to play, h.s. recruits will pick up the
excitement and want to come. If McNeil-Riley are novices in SEC-area recruiting, highlights of their playing-style would
win over the recruits while the new staff learn the specific h.s. coaches soft spots.

McNeil-Riley will come with all the "know-how", no learning on the job. Hell those coaches could bring ECU down and
beat us right now. We'd be out-coached. What better recommendation than that. Could be a near repeat of the Gus
Malzahn occurrence.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n63284 said:
He's batting .333 or .000 depending on whether you think Foley or Machen was at bat for the Urban hire.

Unfortunately this is the truth. Either way the odds don't look great. Sofla says if he fixes the mistake then its hard to hold anything against him. Well unfortunately his own desire to give Muschamp every last chance in the world may be his own yoke. We all know that certain years provide more options when it comes to hiring versus others and after all the changes last season it could prove much more difficult this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.