Other Gator Sports

Does anyone care if Florida has other sports teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NEVER tell me that winning a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP of any kind doesn't mean anything. Ask those ladies who WON after all their hard work all season long

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
That didn't go as planned.

Nope... that Bammer pitcher was pretty good.
Our pitcher pitched well but had two overthrows to first base in the fifth inning and it cost them three runs.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
I've watched nearly every UF softball game in the last 3 or 4 years.

That 5th inning last night was a unprecedented meltdown of epic proportions. I've NEVER seen anything like that. I don't know that I can remember a softball game where the losing pitcher gave up 1 hit, had 11 strikeouts, and the other team scored 3 runs. Gators left way too many runners on base...

Only twice has the #1 seed lost the 1st game to a #16 seed in the Supers. Both losses were UF teams in the last two years. Unfathomable.

I hope Barnhill can recover mentally from that inning. She's only a Sophomore and there are a lot of other young players on this team.

Hopefully the ladies can win two straight and get back to OKC.

Go Gators!

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
NEVER tell me that winning a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP of any kind doesn't mean anything. Ask those ladies who WON after all their hard work all season long
What did the Gator girls win? I've been out of the loop. And I agree that all NCAA titles matter ever the smaller sports won by girls. Where would Gator NCAA titles be in recent years without the girls? Gymnastics 3, softball 2, women's tennis several over the years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I've watched nearly every UF softball game in the last 3 or 4 years.

That 5th inning last night was a unprecedented meltdown of epic proportions. I've NEVER seen anything like that. I don't know that I can remember a softball game where the losing pitcher gave up 1 hit, had 11 strikeouts, and the other team scored 3 runs. Gators left way too many runners on base...

Only twice has the #1 seed lost the 1st game to a #16 seed in the Supers. Both losses were UF teams in the last two years. Unfathomable.

I hope Barnhill can recover mentally from that inning. She's only a Sophomore and there are a lot of other young players on this team.

Hopefully the ladies can win two straight and get back to OKC.

Go Gators!
Very uncharacteristic errors by Barnhill 2 errors = 3 runs. And then with runners on in the bottom of the 5th we couldn't muster a run.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What did the Gator girls win? I've been out of the loop. And I agree that all NCAA titles matter ever the smaller sports won by girls. Where would Gator NCAA titles be in recent years without the girls? Gymnastics 3, softball 2, women's tennis several over the years.
Tennis

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Thanks. I knew they were in the final but forgot about it as I am mending up from a broken wrist and surgery and therapy. Wish I had seen it. I just saw the video on the previous page. Sorry Lax lost to USC. What will it take to get over the hump for them? Always great to beat Stanford for the title because they are the top program ever. Congrats.

Softball? Sad performance in game 1 vs Bama. Looks like another shaky top seed for Gator softball. But playing a conerence rival in the supers is very hard. Gators are better but Bama is not scared. Must win game 2. Must play clean and maybe hit the ball.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
How many NC now for Florida? 37? 38?

So if my math and detective work are correct:

We had 37 Nattys after the 2015 season according to Wikipedia:

"...the NCAA softball championships in 2014 and 2015 earning the university a total of 37 national team championships."

For 2015 - 2016 we won three more (Men's Track, Women's tennis and Softball) bringing the total after the 2016 season to 40.

For 2016 - 17 ...Women's tennis so far.

If I didn't screw up anything, we are standing on a total of 41 at the moment.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm off on the total.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
So if my math and detective work are correct:

We had 37 Nattys after the 2015 season according to Wikipedia:

"...the NCAA softball championships in 2014 and 2015 earning the university a total of 37 national team championships."

For 2015 - 2016 we won three more (Men's Track, Women's tennis and Softball) bringing the total after the 2016 season to 40.

For 2016 - 17 ...Women's tennis so far.

If I didn't screw up anything, we are standing on a total of 41 at the moment.

Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm off on the total.
I thought when I added them up on wiki a while back it was 36. They list all the ncaa titles including the 3 football NC titles. I was thinking they were at 37 after tennis won it all the other day. Tennis last won the ncaa title in 2012. It is confusing. I hope you are correct.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Watching the Ladies on ESPN in an elimination game vs Bama.........the Gators need to hit the ball early.

And, they're the visiting team at their home field.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Somewhat ironically, the first baserunner for the night for UF comes on a ball that doesn't pass the pitcher's circle.

I know that the Gators are very patient at the plate, but since the bats are so cold, I'd like to see them change it up and swing earlier in the AB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator