Our Favorite Ex-Coach Keeps On Giving

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n47852 said:
Man, just when I think I can't loathe that raging doucher any more, something like this pops up.

Urbs: STFU, take some Rolaids (and some Midol, apparently) and leave the friggin room already. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY wants to hear you whine. And my guess is, that'll include Columbus very soon as the losses add up (and the arrests) and he is exposed as a mediocre coach without Tebow and Harvin around to make him look good.

And yes, I realize my reaction is perhaps disproportionate and unsympathetic, but I feel how I feel.
You'd cream your jeans if he came back here. Don't try and deny it.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
agP1XOH.jpg

I wouldn't. He's proven he can't win against ranked teams.... and struggles against unranked teams.

I'd get pretty excited about putting SOS in a time machine and returning to us as a 40 yoa coach.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Homer J;n47575 said:
Hell yes he was depressed at Florida. He knew he would never again win the SEC with Saban at full strength. He is following his his hero, Bobby Bowden and taking the easy way to winning game. In the B1G, he's guaranteed 10 wins a year.

Lest you forget, he's now 1-3 in his last 4 games, so that guaranteed 10 wins per year isn't such a guarantee anymore and taking the easy way out appears to have backfired on Creyer. Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy either. :lmao:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think I read that he's like 2-8 in his last 10 games vs ranked teams. Or maybe it was 3-7.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n47852 said:
Man, just when I think I can't loathe that raging doucher any more, something like this pops up.

Urbs: STFU, take some Rolaids (and some Midol, apparently) and leave the friggin room already. Nobody - and I mean NOBODY wants to hear you whine. And my guess is, that'll include Columbus very soon as the losses add up (and the arrests) and he is exposed as a mediocre coach without Tebow and Harvin around to make him look good.

And yes, I realize my reaction is perhaps disproportionate and unsympathetic, but I feel how I feel.
Why do you still defend this boy-gina? He's shown his true character numerous times since his multiple resignations.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc;n47873 said:
Didn't Bobby Petrino have a grad assistant motorcycle issue?

He added the problem of having hired the girl, being responsible for her income through the athletic dept.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n48445 said:

you gotta admit that this team muschamp put together would be pretty nasty with him coaching it with Dan Mullen and Charlie strong. That being said f him. He is dick.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think we're going to be pretty good either way.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
oxrageous;n48445 said:

you gotta admit that this team muschamp put together would be pretty nasty with him coaching it with Dan Mullen and Charlie strong. That being said f him. He is dick.
I'll take Roper over Mullen any day.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
oxrageous;n48445 said:

Good Lawd. I have no idea that this myth that Mullett can manage a top 60 offense without Percy Harvin came from. Spin a play anyone? I remember the rumor was that Nurvous made Mullett be so conservative and ineffective but Mullett is even more atrocious and impotent at Cowbell. Theres a reason he's stuck at Cowbell.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n48445 said:

I really don't understand how you can think that after the 2010 season. I heard him reversing Addazio's decision on the starting center on OL.( the day after Addazio's announcement of positions) You surely must realize that offense was not just Addazio.Then there is the management ( non management) of the team and the incredible manipulation of fan good will and caring, If he had put on a decent offense, I suppose most of the fan base wouldn't have cared about the other 2, but he didn't.

Even the buckeye fans are writing things such as - he only knows 2 plays and when they don't work, he just keeps doing them.

Does that sound familiar? ( Dive dive dive dive dive short pass)

I was relieved he left.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Once you take away the window dressing of spread formations and the false propaganda about spreading the ball around to playmakers, Meyer and Mullen's offense is basically the same plays and concepts as Bob Davie's (ineffective) option they learned at Notre Dame with the added component of having your best player handle the ball almost exclusively.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n48445 said:

Do allow me this opportunity to officially deny your assertion.

I don't wear jeans.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Law98gator;n48780 said:
Once you take away the window dressing of spread formations and the false propaganda about spreading the ball around to playmakers, Meyer and Mullen's offense is basically the same plays and concepts as Bob Davie's (ineffective) option they learned at Notre Dame with the added component of having your best player handle the ball almost exclusively.
Do you think that was false propaganda about spreading the ball around to playmakers. Seems like we did a pretty good job of that under Mullen. No?
Addazio spread the ball around a lot (from left guard to right guard)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Under Mullen? No, the receivers got 1 maybe 2 touches per game. That isn't even close to spreading the ball around.

Unfortunately, with GSMB still broken I can't find the Mullen Spin a Play for the Gators, but it seems the Cowbell Faithful have noticed a similar characteristic:

davis_wade_play_calling.0_standard_730.0.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n47852 said:

You'd be panting like a dog if he came back, too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah I seem to remember the spin-a-play but thought that was during Addazio's tenure. Interesting looking back in hindsight you might be right. :faint:

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
oxrageous said:
Gatorbreath;n47852 said:

He being back at UF would be like having to watch a sleazy soap opera.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator