Our next coach will be Mike Shanahan

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n109527 said:
Those guys were gambles because they'd never been head coaches. Hudspeth would be much more similar to Meyer in that he's a successful HC, just at a smaller school. He's not a Stoops type of secure hire. But I wouldn't put him the category of RZ and WM.
JFC. Every damn thread. An option OC from Navy who also throws the ball for less than 200 yards a game? You people have Stockholm Syndrome. Why change if you want more of the same? At least Chimp brought a good defense? Why would you ever consider hiring a coordinator (Zook, Hudspeth) that isn't even good on HIS side of the ball ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
RebelGator;n109756 said:
Speaking of long snappers, has jereed's sister posted lately??

You talking about L?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will burn my Gator gear and purchase shirts from whatever school Champ coaches at - if Shannahan became our coach. I doubt we would field a team after all of the transfers.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n110200 said:
I will burn my Gator gear and purchase shirts from whatever school Champ coaches at - if Shannahan became our coach. I doubt we would field a team after all of the transfers.
Yeah after all, what high school kids would want to play for a Super Bowl winning guy that coached legends and Hall of Famers? We could do one hell of a lot worse than Mike Shanahan (and did, when we hired Muschamp).

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110203 said:
Yeah after all, what high school kids would want to play for a Super Bowl winning guy that coached legends and Hall of Famers? We could do one hell of a lot worse than Mike Shanahan (and did, when we hired Muschamp).

Take away Elway and the guy is a losing coach. This is a guy who has been fired from his last two jobs. He's won two super bowls yet no one will hire him. He's an older version of Lame Kiffin, only Kiffin can relate to players.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hey Ox, if you're looking for super bowl winning coaches, Bill Parcells is unemployed.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Homer J;n110200 said:

Wow.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n110220 said:
Hey Ox, if you're looking for super bowl winning coaches, Bill Parcells is unemployed.
And he'd be a great hire if they could get him.

Mike Shanahan was also the OC on the 1994 49ers, where Steve Young had his greatest season. They were the only team good enough to beat the Cowboys during their dynasty.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110223 said:
And he'd be a great hire if they could get him.

Mike Shanahan was also the OC on the 1994 49ers, where Steve Young had his greatest season. They were the only team good enough to beat the Cowboys during their dynasty.

I still like Jimmy Johnson better

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I just imagine Mike Shanahan putting in his false teeth and polishing up his walker with new tennis balls on it before going into a recruits house for a visit. He is just tooooo OLD to coach college kids so NO NO NO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Jbossgator8;n110379 said:
I just imagine Mike Shanahan putting in his false teeth and polishing up his walker with new tennis balls on it before going into a recruits house for a visit. He is just tooooo OLD to coach college kids so NO NO NO.
He's a lot younger than Spurrier.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n110426 said:
No to SOS also.
Just making a point. The people that say Shanahan is too old never say Spurrier is too old. Never crosses their mind. Bill Snyder is also in his 70's and routinely coaches the opposition under the table.

Hotrod

Founding Member
R.I.P.
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This was his reaction when reporters ask him if he was interested in the Florida job.

Attachments

• conv_1357.jpg
    conv_1357.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 44

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

New tennis balls... :bwahaha:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
MidwestChomp;n109384 said:
Does Foley roll the dice again or go with a proven commodity as big 5 conference coach? After rolling the dice on Zook and Muschamp, I'd be surprised if he took another gamble, but wouldn't be totally shocked if Hudspeth happened. Foley seems to like taking risks.

Little risked, little gained. But I'm stilled not sold on this guy. He did almost beat us in 2012. But then again, who didn't almost beat us, despite winning 11 games,

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n110203 said:

Agreed. Not my first choice, but we could and have done a lot worse. Still, I'm hoping for a slam dunk hire this time around.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Tell that to the old dude that turned K'State around. He's made them relevant, twice now. This time, as an old fart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.