Our offensive line is wretched

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ivey has always been TERRIBLE at pass blocking. TERRIBLE.

I dont know how you hide that.
The whole OL sucked today...Taylor had a few good plays but, the big, strong Michigan team overwhelmed Mac's strength of the team....

Circle City Gator

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Every year we blame the offensive line, we say they stink, then they end up in the NFL. In the meantime, we have the same ridiculous offensive game plan that lets the defense know every play we're going to run. At some point, folks, we've got to admit the problem isn't the players, it's the coaches. Our players have the physical skills to be at that position, but (a) they're not getting individually coached to improve, and (b) they're being put in a position to fail by the single worst offensive scheme at a major football program in history.

Who here does not believe that Stever Spurrier, or any other decent offensive mind, could take this same group of players and turn them into an offense that would rank at least in the top half of all college football in offensive production? Seriously, folks, these are major college SEC football recruits, and our offense ranks behind Ball State and North South East West Louisiana Whatever.

This is on the coaches.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Every year we blame the offensive line, we say they stink, then they end up in the NFL. In the meantime, we have the same ridiculous offensive game plan that lets the defense know every play we're going to run. At some point, folks, we've got to admit the problem isn't the players, it's the coaches. Our players have the physical skills to be at that position, but (a) they're not getting individually coached to improve, and (b) they're being put in a position to fail by the single worst offensive scheme at a major football program in history.

Who here does not believe that Stever Spurrier, or any other decent offensive mind, could take this same group of players and turn them into an offense that would rank at least in the top half of all college football in offensive production? Seriously, folks, these are major college SEC football recruits, and our offense ranks behind Ball State and North South East West Louisiana Whatever.

This is on the coaches.

Agree totally. No matter how bad the OL played the coaching set them up to fail. Same old story 8-9 guys in the box, Nussy still running the shyt show we saw yesterday. Can't block that many with only 5. And yes, Ivey totally whiffed. That's on him.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They have no passion. You do not let your guy get up. As soon as he starts to get up, you push him over again. That is a well coached and polished line.

olegator

Jan 23, 2016
Sure a bunch of this is on the coaches, but when you have Ivey blaming Heggie for Ivey's mistake you have player problems...they must man up to their mistakes ....not blame the guy next to him. We have no o-line leadership, no accountability.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Only three down lineman, watch Ivey get absolutely smoked :facepalm:

It's clear to me that Ivey took an outside line to force the defender inside where Ivey expected help. Help wasn't there. I don't know if it's Ivey's fault or Hegge's fault, but it's clearly a communication and coaching problem.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's clear to me that Ivey took an outside line to force the defender inside where Ivey expected help. Help wasn't there. I don't know if it's Ivey's fault or Hegge's fault, but it's clearly a communication and coaching problem.

Looks like Heggie's fault to me. He wasn't blocking anybody. Looks like Ivey did what he was supposed to do.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Heggie's fault to me. He wasn't blocking anybody. Looks like Ivey did what he was supposed to do.

I don't see too many linemen not touch someone when they were literally directly in front of them an instant before they made their move inside and the Tackle has no one else to worry about.

Pause it at the 3 second mark and they could have played patty cake with each other.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have to say I've never seen Dooley write like the post game column he published today. It was brutal. Someone on another tread said this was so unusual to have Dooley do this before a coach gets fired. But man, he lit into Mac hard. I'm beginning to wonder if something is up and by that I mean a shakeup of some kind on the staff. Probably nothing but man Dooley hurled a spear on that one.....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see too many linemen not touch someone when they were literally directly in front of them an instant before they made their move inside and the Tackle has no one else to worry about.

Pause it at the 3 second mark and they could have played patty cake with each other.

Probably. But I don't know what their scheme is. Or what they're being coached to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.