Outback Bowl press conference

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Two quotes from Mac I found interesting: "The hot dogs we're really good at the bowling event last night...I'm a huge hot dog guy" and the one that pissed me off "When you look at teams around the country Iowa is one you try to be like" :eek3:
Wtf...has Iowa ever done???

http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=5119

... and the meek shall inherit the dearth.??
Does Mac allow himself zero faith in his players? Is that what he keeps expressing to the public?
That must deflate our players' ingoing momentum?? That stinks. That's bad coaching exactly.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The Two quotes from Mac I found interesting: "The hot dogs we're really good at the bowling event last night...I'm a huge hot dog guy" and the one that pissed me off "When you look at teams around the country Iowa is one you try to be like" :eek3:
Wtf...has Iowa ever done???

http://floridagators.com/watch/?Archive=5119
Coaches tend to say nice things about their opponents in press conferences. Shocking, I know.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
And yet...we're still waiting for firings and hirings

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac says "just having our logo plastered all about - that's recruiting "= no that's happenstance not active recruiting.
Mac says the primary importance is what you learn from this game = losing teaches the lesson.

{Put a cowboy hat on HC Frerentz and you've got my childhood hero Roy Rogers}

Ferentz bluntly stated "As always, we get better as the season goes along ... 5-4 going into Nov end season 8-4.
Not like UF.??
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My hypothetical press questioning:

Coach Mac, how proud are you of your players?
"What's to be proud of ... they're just doing what they're suppose to do."

Gator players, how proud are you of coach Mac?
"We love him but, he's not doing what he's supposed to do (= offensive guru).

I want to see us use the offensive intelligence that worked wonders on UK early in the season.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Why do y'all get so pissed at Macs coachspeak? Almost every coach does it. Watch a Saban presser.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Chucky swung by practice drunk

Gruden want to take over? No?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why do y'all get so pissed at Macs coachspeak? Almost every coach does it. Watch a Saban presser.
We'd be laughing at his goofy ass if we were winning. Since our offense sucks and he's too chicken**** to clean house, the PCs are just a reminder of our frustration/hate

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you believe what Mac said about Iowa I guess you have to believe what Ferentz said about Applebee...

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
He wants to emulate Iowa? So he wants to be a team that is always 4th-6th in the conference? Well, he's on his way to doing that at UF. Life goals achieved Mac.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Mac probably does want to emulate Iowa as they beat the team recently that crushed us by about 5 TDs.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He wants to emulate Iowa? So he wants to be a team that is always 4th-6th in the conference? Well, he's on his way to doing that at UF. Life goals achieved Mac.
They aren't very consistent, but they were one 4th down stop away from the playoffs a year ago. They pretty much always have a great defense, never have any scandals, Ferentz has been there forever, and they always play hard. If they were in a more fertile recruiting area, they'd be a VERY good program. They also make their opponents dress in a pink locker room.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
when i consider national programs i wish we could emulate... iowa is most certainly at the top of my list.

and when i consider bowl games i really want to be invited to... the outback bowl is like the holy grail.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
During this bowl game vs Iowa, we need to run ads showing home-game Iowa players on the
sidelines blowing ice-smoke breath and bobbing up-down pounding their chests trying to ward
off frostbite. That could serve as pro-Florida recruiting message against all high north colleges.

Of course, we gotta be winning handily to make any pro-Florida attractions. Go Gators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.