Packed Fan Day

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
When you want change in this day and age, you hit em where it hurts...their wallet. I won't pump money into a product I don't like. Fix the offense, be competitive or hire a new coach and I start spending again.
Damned good thing gator fans didn't think like that back in the 60s 70s 80s or we would be the Wake Forest of the SEC................

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif
That's my line, b1tch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When you want change in this day and age, you hit em where it hurts...their wallet. I won't pump money into a product I don't like. Fix the offense, be competitive or hire a new coach and I start spending again.
This.

Tell your friends.

Unfortunately ESPN/SECN contract money has blunted the effect ofnthe empty stands. It has also made the gap between us and Cowbell much less.

It wasnt that long ago that ND, Texas and UF were the kings of the college football dollar but I doubt we ever get back to that without a complete flush of the athletic dept.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damned good thing gator fans didn't think like that back in the 60s 70s 80s or we would be the Wake Forest of the SEC................
We are the Wake Forest of the SEC. I thick they beat Clown Town recently.

Its one thing to try to build a program. Something else altogether to choke the program and try to win like a midmajor with discount coaches and facilities.

Please dont try to act like the 60s and 70s, before air conditioning and when Florida had the population of Missippi, is in anway comparable to today when we are the state with bthe most talent in the country.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Please dont try to act like the 60s and 70s, before air conditioning and when Florida had the population of Missippi, is in anway comparable to today when we are the state with bthe most talent in the country.
I dont have to act like a gator fan. Ive been one since mom and dad went to a game in 62 and brought me back a bobble head gator player. (GOD i wish I still had that thing). SPending the last two weeks before KO trying to see who can make the nastiest comment about players or coaches never was on my agenda in any decade. We are so far from WF it is crazy to even pretend it. Name all their titles and Heismans and Game days and AAs and get back to me.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I remember packed stands-fans cheering wildly for many a so-so winning record Gators teams in the past. That fun & togetherness is what Stephee nostalgically speaks of. A good example is their effusive admiration for our Gator linebacker who wore the #1 on his jersey because he wasn't big enough for a 2-digit # = 150 lb Jack Card. Today that valuable Gator would be pooped-on, not cheered-on by our BytchNation followers ... and the coaches would be vilified for playing him.

So yes to Stephen's angle that now instead of an ocean of Gator-waves of excitement pounding the shore of our season's 1st game, there's a fierce undertow-current ripping that excitement out towards drowning our enthusiasm.
"Out of the water everyfan!" there's a spirit endangering undertow. You'll be drowned out.

{Wonder why I feel better when I read BMF's post? It's because they are neutral facts with zero propagrandizing negs.}

In miss the old day's of "by God these are our Gators" dedication, with its all-out cheering for the Gators no matter the score, no matter the poor QB-rating et al low stats. CFB here was fun to celebrate. We screamed support for players always giving it their all, so they were not losers, even coming up short on the score. Back then in our memories & post-game animated talks, we highlithly remembered the good plays we witnessed - that was our post-game chatter. Oh, I guess we were young & child-like over game-fun way back then. Alas, that was before I-net anonymous snarks in the water. "Out of the ocean of support, they're snarks in the water!!"

I do love this surf-board though. However, the patrolling snarks do keep me at a shallower depth of enthusiasm but, "and yet" "it's kewl" that it's not zenthusiam.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is what I meant when I said he's inviting unnecessary pressure onto himself. Del Rio has put a big target on his back, and it's not for opposing defenses; it's for Gator fans.

I realize you can't police your players every minute of the day, but why can't you make team rules about the use of social media? Where are you, Mac?

This is spot on. He IMO is trying to act like his dad as a player. And simply his Dad could back it up. He cannot. He would be an adequate player if not trying to immulate the persona of his Pops. Jack was a badazz player, Del Taco Jr. is not.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I recall about 25-30 years ago, there were old folks that lived along the Baymeadows Golf Course that would come out and feed those nasty things in the evenings along several holes. I remember seeing a picture in the Times Union with an old lady in a wheelchair feeding one from her lap. Disgusting!

You probably saw a huge muskrat. They used to populate wooded swampy areas around jax.
Capybaras are in South American "jungles". They're semiaquatic so they have webbed feet. Apparently they're domesticatable? But you have to fence 'em in well and provide them with a swimming pool.
th
... but with those beaver-like teeth, I'm sure they'd gnaw furniture.
My sister had a boyfriend (both senior-cits) who bought the contents at a storage auction -- she sad her nutria coat was gorgeous. Surely PETA wouldn't care about them.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This is spot on. He IMO is trying to act like his dad as a player. And simply his Dad could back it up. He cannot. He would be an adequate player if not trying to immulate the persona of his Pops. Jack was a badazz player, Del Taco Jr. is not.

Yep, you gotta earn your stripes first. It's odd hearing a guy who really hasn't accomplished jack shyt pop off like this.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You probably saw a huge muskrat. They used to populate wooded swampy areas around jax.
Capybaras are in South American "jungles". They're semiaquatic so they have webbed feet. Apparently they're domesticatable? But you have to fence 'em in well and provide them with a swimming pool.
th
... but with those beaver-like teeth, I'm sure.
My sister had a boyfriend (both senior-cits) who bought the contents at a storage auction -- she sad her muskrat coat was gorgeous. Surely PETA wouldn't care about them.

There are capybaras in Florida, and have been for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.