Paige VanZant

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I don't enjoy seeing women get beaten up, even by other women. Doesn't sit well.

I've been known to have the channel changed if a restaurant/bar was showing women's MMA or boxing. Turns my stomach.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
UFC? I suppose the mentally deficient crave this type of, um, "entertainment."

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
That was a nasty switch kick. I posted a video of it in the chat box last night right after it happened.

My old lady asks me today: Isn't that the chick who kicked Ronda Rousey into oblivion?

:facepalm:
LOL! But atleast she has the right race and sex! ;) I would love to see PVZ vs RR. But it won't happen because Paige is too small. Well it could happen in the WWE at Wrestlemania.

I hope Paige keeps improving and gets a title shot soon. If she's ready for it.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I don't enjoy seeing women get beaten up, even by other women. Doesn't sit well. The chick getting pummeled in the face while she was lying there on the mat was disturbing. Seems weird that is in the rules. In boxing, when you fall down they can't get beating your ass while you lay there.
Like I said, I'm not a huge MMA fan but I do watch a few of their fights now and then and that was one of the slowest stoppages I've ever seen in MMA. Typically their fights are stopped much quicker to protect the fighters and that is one reason it is very difficult to go undefeated over long stretches in MMA....Normally if a fighter gets rocked the ref is putting himself at risk trying to get to the downed fighter before repeated, uncontested blows are absorbed. If I were to change one thing about it would be the use of elbows because of the cuts they open.

I'd say that back in the day boxers suffered much worse long term damage using the ropes to keep themselves up for half a round or more while eating dozens of padded gloved but skill damaging punches in the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator