Pat Dooley lists four types of Gator Football fans

Oct 5, 2014
This from Pat Dooley's weekly column. Discuss...

"I think there are four groups of UF fans right now — 1. Those who are behind their coach no matter what; 2. Those who wanted Muschamp fired, but think he may be on to something; 3. Those who want Muschamp gone, but are going to hop on and off the bandwagon no matter how much it hurts their ankles; 4. Those who wanted Muschamp gone no matter what and are cringing when Florida wins. I think the latter are in a small minority and I'm not sure they are really Gator fans."

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Ray Finkle;n102630 said:
The four kinds of Gator fans. Can't you read, Dan?

Oh yea, I view that just like everything else Tooly writes. Mostly jibberish...

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
2 game win streak and now Muschamp is Lombardi. Hysterical. The guy had to gutter out just to switch QB. He's stubborn beyond fault. He's sinking the program to lows that haven't been seen since some of us were born. How about the fan that just wants the best for UF?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n102616 said:
Preach it Pat!
I put you at #4. Me too, actually. This past weekend I bought over 300 bucks worth of Vandy gear for the game. Shirts, hats, foam finger, the works. I discarded it immediately after it was over.

I've now spent over $400 this week on South Carolina gear and am looking ahead to EKU. I'm finding their fan gear a bit harder to locate.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
oxrageous;n102653 said:
I put you at #4. Me too, actually. This past weekend I bought over 300 bucks worth of Vandy gear for the game. Shirts, hats, foam finger, the works. I discarded it immediately after it was over.

I've now spent over $400 this week on South Carolina gear and am looking ahead to EKU. I'm finding their fan gear a bit harder to locate.
I honestly have an EKU hat :lol: Went there for an entire semester.

yoshi_gator

The Good Samurai
Oct 26, 2014
Drooly has been writing this type of nonsense since before it was called clickbait. AKA when you still had to buy the Sun to then wrap up your Sunday fishin catch with.

He fails to list the normal rational nuranced version of a Gator that knows a) they have no real power over what is going on, b) as such they can only voice their opinion for what little it is worth, c) understand that the SEC and then the top teams in CFB as a whole is rough no matter what so of course we can't go undefeated every year, d) but we don't like to see teams that perform well below the level for what a team like the Gators are capable of, e) and when it becomes obvious that part of the reason for that poor performance is the coaching then a real discussion about what is happening with the coaching staff needs to be had, f) such that if the head coach is not the right man for the job then he needs to go.

But of course that level of real discussion does not do well because then you can't have a manufactured argument about it that generates clicks/posts/whatever.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How about the 5th type. The kind that want the Gators to win out and still see Muschamp canned.

Btw, type 1 is closer to not being a Gator fan. Behind Muschamp no matter how bad he wrecks our program.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;102654 said:
I honestly have an EKU hat :lol: Went there for an entire semester.
I went to a football camp at EKU one summer, I might still have that shirt somewhere.....

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I'm more along the lines of "think he should be fired but if the turnabout with Treon continues, could see him keeping his job whether I like it or not" kinda Florida fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator