Patriot infighting

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
"And complicating matters even more was that Belichick didn't want to trade Garoppolo. He had passed on dealing him last spring, when Garoppolo was in high demand. In early September, Belichick did trade third-string quarterback Jacoby Brissett to the Colts for wide receiver Phillip Dorsett. "If we trade Jimmy, we're the Cleveland Browns, with no succession plan," one person inside the organization said earlier in the year. The Patriots repeatedly offered Garoppolo four-year contract extensions, in the $17 million to $18 million range annually that would go higher if and when he succeeded Brady. Garoppolo and Yee rejected the offers out of hand, for reasons that remain unclear, and the Patriots knew they couldn't make any promises to Garoppolo about the timing of a transition at quarterback without it getting back to Brady."

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/pag...-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

I always wondered why they traded away their future...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Brady wants all the passing records, but he is behind Drew Brees in yards and tied with him in TDs. It's a race to retirement.

Woodroe

Sir Knowitall
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I always thought that it was the reverse, i.e. Belichik was NOT worried at all about what happened when he and Brady left. Don't get me wrong I love Belichik, but I always had him pegged as a guy that was worried about HIS team and wouldn't have any loyalty beyond his stint there.

If this is right, he might be different than I thought.

And what sort of dunce is Kraft (if the story is true)

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Good gawd, I for one don't give a fick about what these egotistical multi-milionaire pro athletes do or don't do with their lives or their contracts. But thanks for bringing it to our attention.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the article was informative and not really fake news. Alex Guerrero is a sleaze bag of the highest order. He's a fraud and a quack. Brady going all Scientology with him is a HUGE stain on the Golden Boy. TB12 is quackery and this will kill his image.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ex-guerrero/x45YjTMVuEiiEdH3tsX7ZO/story.html

"Before he partnered with Brady, Guerrero faced sanctions by federal regulators after falsely presenting himself as a medical doctor and deceptively promoting nutritional supplements, according to government records. In one case, Guerrero offered a “drink that protects your brain from the consequences of sports-related traumatic brain injury” that was endorsed by Brady. Guerrero later stopped selling it."

Wtf? Brady has hitched his wagon to this quack. Brady seems to be showing serious signs of not letting go. Playing till he's 45? Vanity? Hubris? This is going to end badly and in dramatic fashion. Dr. Guerrero turned Brady into a cult member. I hope Bill walks away.

Wow.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Brady's accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the NFL. Like he really needs McDaniels to get in his face to say he missed the open man. I'd have told McDaniels the same thing only harsher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator