Patriots under investigation from NFL

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n160046 said:
So what? I just said BOTH teams can do it.

Then the teams that had QBs with big hands that liked more inflated footballs would be at a disadvantage compared to the ones that like it deflated.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n160064 said:
Then the teams that had QBs with big hands that liked more inflated footballs would be at a disadvantage compared to the ones that like it deflated.
:facepalm:

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n160070 said:

You don't think it would hurt a team like Green Bay where Rodgers wants the thing inflated almost to the max level for his passing since it would make a RB more likely to fumble on Green Bay if they let teams go well under the current 12.5 minimum?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we're still talking about this. Slow week or not, it's the lamest "controversy" in a long time, maybe ever.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n160071 said:
You don't think it would hurt a team like Green Bay where Rodgers wants the thing inflated almost to the max level for his passing since it would make a RB more likely to fumble on Green Bay if they let teams go well under the current 12.5 minimum?
No.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n160072 said:
I can't believe we're still talking about this. Slow week or not, it's the lamest "controversy" in a long time, maybe ever.

No, the lamest "controversy" of all time is the dumbass contention that I am Ox. Look at yourself in the mirror. You might as well call an Albanian, a Serb.

I'm getting weary with you folks giving the Patriots a pass. Makes you question all those Brady wins over our Peyton. Allah only knows the ways they cheated over the years to beat the Colts of Manning not to mention Andrew Luck of today.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Alvin York;n160101 said:
I'm getting weary with you folks giving the Patriots a pass. Makes you question all those Brady wins over our Peyton. Allah only knows the ways they cheated over the years to beat the Colts of Manning not to mention Andrew Luck of today.
:lmao:

Peyton lost to a lot more teams than just New England. They can't all be cheating.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Now reports are saying they don't have video of the ball boy taking the footballs to another room. I guess the story will change a few more times.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I were the Patriots owner, I'd put in a call to Tallahassee and find out how they cover things up. All this would go away quickly.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Random thoughts on this topic...

Well, if the dude with the balls could deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds, wow!

Looking back on the "cheating" scandals, the Pats record has been better after the scandals. If there is cheating, it would seem its only hurting the Pats.

I'm sure Peyton has his own methods of cheating, I mean, staying within the confines of the rules. Heck, the teams being able to rough the balls up before the game is because of Peyton and his whining. You know before they allowed it, Peyton was having his roughed up illegally... Probably had the people on the sideline wearing sandpaper gloves to throw the football back and forth. probably even sandpaper sleeves.

Everyone looks for an edge in the game. We wouldn't have wildcats, no huddle, linemen being eligible to receive, and things like that if boundaries weren't being pushed...

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n160312 said:
Random thoughts on this topic...

Well, if the dude with the balls could deflate 11 balls in 90 seconds, wow!

Looking back on the "cheating" scandals, the Pats record has been better after the scandals. If there is cheating, it would seem its only hurting the Pats.

I'm sure Peyton has his own methods of cheating, I mean, staying within the confines of the rules. Heck, the teams being able to rough the balls up before the game is because of Peyton and his whining. You know before they allowed it, Peyton was having his roughed up illegally... Probably had the people on the sideline wearing sandpaper gloves to throw the football back and forth. probably even sandpaper sleeves.

Everyone looks for an edge in the game. We wouldn't have wildcats, no huddle, linemen being eligible to receive, and things like that if boundaries weren't being pushed...

The Pats didn't lose a game that season until after spygate was uncovered I think. I think they did really run up the score a few games after it however.

Edit: I see it was uncovered near the beginning of that season.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n160382 said:
I made the mistake of reading some of that.

That writer should not be talking about how the Pats fumble less than other non-domed teams.

He should be talking about how the domed teams are cheating! If domed teams fumble less than non-domed teams, then that is a decided advantage which should NOT be allowed!

:bsmeter:

Why is that a mistake? It is a good read.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n160181 said:
Now reports are saying they don't have video of the ball boy taking the footballs to another room. I guess the story will change a few more times.
Knowing that cheater Belichic, he probably paid their IT guy to damage the film somehow

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n160420 said:
Knowing that cheater Belichic, he probably paid their IT guy to damage the film somehow

I doubt he had anything to do with this stuff actually. My guess is Brady and that ball boy just had an understanding to do it since the beginning of this season probably.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Victor Kiam, you mad, glorious, beautiful bastard, where are you when we need you??

"Do you know what the the Patriots equipment manager and Bridget Moynahan have in common?"
"They've both seen Tom Brady's deflated balls up close!"

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ex QB says every team does it and has for years. From ESPN... PHOENIX -- Former NFL quarterback Jeff Blake says he oversaw the deflation of footballs on the sideline right before games during his career. Speaking on "The Midday 180" out of Nashville, Blake said the practice was common.

"I'm just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played," Blake said. "'Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can't feel the ball as well. It's too hard. Everybody puts the pin in and lets just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it's not the point to where it's flat.
"So I don't know what the big deal is. It's not something that's not been done for 20 years."
Many other NFL quarterbacks have said the opposite, that they've never messed with the inflation of a ball or seen anyone do so. The topic has come to the forefront with the New England Patriots being investigated by the NFL due to allegations the team used underinflated footballs in the first half of the AFC Championship Game against the Indianapolis Colts.
Asked to be specific about the timing of deflation, Blake said it regularly happened as soon as quarterbacks got the balls before the game.
"As soon as they give them the balls," Blake said. "On the sideline before the game. The quarterbacks would come out to warm up in pregame ... I would just say, 'Take a little bit out, it's a little bit hard.' And then they'd take a little bit out and I'd squeeze them and say 'That's perfect.' That's it."
Blake played for seven teams in 13 seasons, starting 100 games. His longest tenure was six seasons with Cincinnati.
His last year was 2005, so during his career when his team was on the road, Blake would not have handled the footballs until pregame.
In 2006, NFL quarterbacks successfully got the NFL to change the rules and allow each team to provide its own balls for games, which would then be turned over to officials before the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.