Pats drooling over Mike Gillislee, NFL's most efficient RB

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still can't believe he sat on the bench for three years while we tried to wear teams out with Jeff Demps.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pats did this to the Bills last year w/ Hogan (WR). They offered more than they knew the Bills could counter.

Good for Gillislee....and I'm surprised the Pats are offering this much. But the Pats are - usually - as good as anybody in the league at finding diamonds in the rough. They just don't run the ball that much. They paid Blount around $1 million.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He could have played a much bigger role in 2010 and 2011 that's for sure. Probably the best all around RB we've had since Ernest Graham....

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I really liked Gilly and felt bad he sat so long. Great to see him getting some love and respect.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Pats did this to the Bills last year w/ Hogan (WR). They offered more than they knew the Bills could counter.

Good for Gillislee....and I'm surprised the Pats are offering this much. But the Pats are - usually - as good as anybody in the league at finding diamonds in the rough. They just don't run the ball that much. They paid Blount around $1 million.

Belichick loves to silently stick it to the Bills.....

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I still can't believe he sat on the bench for three years while we tried to wear teams out with Jeff Demps.

No, no Muschamp was wearing down SEC defenses with Jeff Demps and Chris Rainey. That is over 350 lbs of RB. That has to wear down SEC defenses, doesn't it?

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
UF has a history going back to Meyer of RBs having solid NFL careers despite not being big offensive stars here.
None of UF's RBs since Meyer have had solid careers.
Kt21
Matt Jones
Mack Brown
Mike Gillislee
Jeff Demps
Chris Rainey
Don't even have a combined 2000 yards in the NFL. In fact you can make the case it's the exact opposite, that they were stars here and almost irrelevant in the NFL.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
706620.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator