Pats drooling over Mike Gillislee, NFL's most efficient RB

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
706620.gif
Gilly wouldve been a star if Meyer didn't give Rainey and demps the ball.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
None of UF's RBs since Meyer have had solid careers.
Kt21
Matt Jones
Mack Brown
Mike Gillislee
Jeff Demps
Chris Rainey
Don't even have a combined 2000 yards in the NFL. In fact you can make the case it's the exact opposite, that they were stars here and almost irrelevant in the NFL.

I think you took my comment the wrong way. They were NOT stars at UF in my view, but they had NFL careers. That makes me wonder about coaches at UF and their RB talent evaluation. I also was not excluding Meyer who started this pattern of jerking around RB at UF who were later good enough to make an NFL roster.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
I think you took my comment the wrong way. They were NOT stars at UF in my view, but they had NFL careers. That makes me wonder about coaches at UF and their RB talent evaluation. I also was not excluding Meyer who started this pattern of jerking around RB at UF who were later good enough to make an NFL roster.
Again they were far better in college than the NFL. they should've been better NFL players than i college.

Rainey had almost 2500 yds in college and 19 overall TDs
Demps had almost 2500 yds and 24 overall TDs. Neither played much in the nfl
Same goes for Mack Brown. Gilly and Matt Jones are the most successful RBs from UF in the last decade. Even then neither has broke a 1000 yds in their careers in the nfl. I guess we have differing views on success.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Again they were far better in college than the NFL. they should've been better NFL players than i college.

Rainey had almost 2500 yds in college and 19 overall TDs
Demps had almost 2500 yds and 24 overall TDs. Neither played much in the nfl
Same goes for Mack Brown. Gilly and Matt Jones are the most successful RBs from UF in the last decade. Even then neither has broke a 1000 yds in their careers in the nfl. I guess we have differing views on success.

Again my only point was that guys who make roster in the NFL should be stars in college. UF has had a number of guys on the offensive side of the ball who were not stars at UF make NFL rosters. This makes me wonder about UF coaches talent evaluation.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Again my only point was that guys who make roster in the NFL should be stars in college. UF has had a number of guys on the offensive side of the ball who were not stars at UF make NFL rosters. This makes me wonder about UF coaches talent evaluation.
It's not possible for anyone to be a star in this offense.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I certainly don't consider Rainey or Demps 500-700 yards (in a 14 game season) a star by any stretch of the imagination.

If we had given the ball to real backs, and left the smurfs returning kicks, we would have had a much more successful offense.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Gilly wouldve been a star if Meyer didn't give Rainey and demps the ball.
It appears he's going to be playing for the Patriots. I'd say the chance of that happening is still pretty great.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
None of UF's RBs since Meyer have had solid careers.
Kt21
Matt Jones
Mack Brown
Mike Gillislee
Jeff Demps
Chris Rainey
Don't even have a combined 2000 yards in the NFL. In fact you can make the case it's the exact opposite, that they were stars here and almost irrelevant in the NFL.

Would say it is too early to judge the NFL careers of K. Taylor (one year) or Matt Jones (2 years) they are both still on their rookie deals. Jeff Demps was never built for the League, and Rainey would have been at best a 3rd down back in the NFL or H back. Mack Brown was too slow for the league, last i checked the Foreskins were testing him at Fullback where the 1000 mark doesn't mean so much. Gillislee has the ability (which was wasted at UF by two different couching staffs), got drafted to that talent wasteland which is the Dolphins. Missed the entire 2014 season, picked up the the Bills. With the Patriots he will be a younger version of Blount, a back with the abilities to fit in their system.

We have wasted a lot of talent that has come through the Swamp. But if your a College Coach your job is to win College Games and get them drafted, the rest is on them. They made rosters in the league, which is better than 98% of college running backs. Those aren't bad odds.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bills do not match Pats offer....

Former Gator RB Mike Gillislee leaving Buffalo to join New England

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...e-gillislee-leaving-buffalo-join-new-england/

Mike Gillislee is leaving Buffalo after the Bills decided against matching the offer sheet New England extended to the former Florida running back last week. Staying in the division, Gillislee won’t be going far and will get a chance to prove the Bills made a mistake twice a season.

Due to the fact Gillislee was a restricted free agent, Buffalo will receive a fifth-round pick from the Patriots in the upcoming draft. The selection New England surrenders will be the 163rd overall pick in the draft.

Follow
Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

In return for RB Mike Gillislee, Bills will receive Patriots' fifth-round pick.

4:03 PM - 24 Apr 2017
New England’s deal with Gillislee extends for two years at $6.4 million total. After backing up LeSean McCoy last season, Gillislee rushed the ball 101 times for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. Following a sub-par first three years in Gainesville, Gillislee had a breakout year as a senior in 2012. In his final season for Florida, Gillislee rushed for 1,152 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Gillislee was selected in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He lasted only one season in Miami before playing the last two in Buffalo.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bills do not match Pats offer....

Former Gator RB Mike Gillislee leaving Buffalo to join New England

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/f...e-gillislee-leaving-buffalo-join-new-england/
New England’s deal with Gillislee extends for two years at $6.4 million total. After backing up LeSean McCoy last season, Gillislee rushed the ball 101 times for 577 yards and eight touchdowns. Following a sub-par first three years in Gainesville, Gillislee had a breakout year as a senior in 2012. In his final season for Florida, Gillislee rushed for 1,152 yards and 10 touchdowns.

Gillislee was selected in the fifth round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He lasted only one season in Miami before playing the last two in Buffalo.

Outstanding! I always liked Gilly. Hope he tears it up with the Pats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb