Paul Finebaum just said Florida could derail Alabama

StPeteGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
On College Football Sunday mentioned Florida as one of the teams that has a chance to derail Alabama from going to the playoffs ... BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks Paul, I need that.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He said if we got much better, we'd have a shot.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
He said if we got much better, we'd have a shot.

Okay I knew there had to be a caveat, LOL. Alabama has players that probably make them lets say 4 to 6 points better than the next best team. They have far and away the best coach in college football now in terms of developing players, players knowing their assignments, players making very few mistakes, and although teams do score points against them, it is b/c they make plays and not b/c the Alabama players were confused or got lost. The coaching disparity makes them another 10+ points better than any other team on paper. I go all the way back to John McKay at USC, Bear Bryant at Alabama, Ara Parsegian, etc. at ND, Joe Paterno at PSU, and in my eyes, Saban is the greatest college football coach ever.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
On College Football Sunday mentioned Florida as one of the teams that has a chance to derail Alabama from going to the playoffs ... BAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks Paul, I need that.

I guess if someone just saw the final score and those pick 6s without seeing the terrible QB play and the running attack that wasn't effective until the other team was gassed near the end they might assume that. I don't think I ever saw a 40 point performance before where the offense looked as bad as it did in the game until the end.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I guess if someone just saw the final score and those pick 6s without seeing the terrible QB play and the running attack that wasn't effective until the other team was gassed near the end they might assume that. I don't think I ever saw a 40 point performance before where the offense looked as bad as it did in the game until the end.
How about when Mizzou beat us like a borrowed mule in Chumps last season? They had over 40 points but less than 100 yards offense or something ridiculous like that.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How about when Mizzou beat us like a borrowed mule in Chumps last season? They had over 40 points but less than 100 yards offense or something ridiculous like that.

True. I forgot how that game went.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Paul baby... put the crack pipe down and check-in to your nearest addiction clinic :lol2:

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
Highly unlikely but if the offense and defense both had their best performances of the year and Bama came out flat who knows.

influx

Jul 1, 2016

That game was brutal, especially since I live in KC and had to face Mizzou fans afterwards. They scored on an interception return, fumble return, kickoff return and punt return. One of the most disgusting games I've ever watched.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Okay I knew there had to be a caveat, LOL. Alabama has players that probably make them lets say 4 to 6 points better than the next best team. They have far and away the best coach in college football now in terms of developing players, players knowing their assignments, players making very few mistakes, and although teams do score points against them, it is b/c they make plays and not b/c the Alabama players were confused or got lost. The coaching disparity makes them another 10+ points better than any other team on paper. I go all the way back to John McKay at USC, Bear Bryant at Alabama, Ara Parsegian, etc. at ND, Joe Paterno at PSU, and in my eyes, Saban is the greatest college football coach ever.

You should tared and feathered.........

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ricky-Gervais-Holding-in-Laughter-Arms-Crossed.gif

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Saban isn't the best at player development. He just gets the best talent to begin with.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have a chance, I buy Powerball tickets too. I suppose I should become religious and start praying to win both.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anything could happen....but Paul man, that degree from UT is starting to show.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Its simply a matter of looking at results against common opponents. We lost to UT in Knoxville by 10 points, Bama won in Knoxville by 39 points. Therefore, (10 points * 39 points)/ 2 games = like an 80 point win for us or something close. Just ballparking there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator