Penn State still clueless

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jay-paterno-elected-penn-state-board-trustees

Why? What's the point? Inside Happy Valley most of the cultists defend Paterno. Outside? Most think they are scum. This does nothing to help or heal the image of the university. If anything, it's a middle finger to critics on the outside. Tone deaf. Clueless.

No one is changing their minds at this point. So to a lot of people on the outside looking in? Terrible public relations.

Again, so why do it?

WHat a sad sad place. I hope it burns to the ground.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I could comment but apparently there is little to no interest in this issue, so I will decline.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I'm guessing you would've gotten more interest if this was a bash fest about f$u.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
15505373-mmmain.jpg

They were clueless when they hired this dude as their head coach after what happened in the Jerry Sandusky affair. James Franklin's players at Vanderbilt, Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey, were sentenced to 17 years and 15 years in prison respectively for raping an unconscious woman in a dorm room. Their defense was we were so drunk we don't remember it. Really?

I am not saying that Franklin should never have worked again as a head coach even though there was evidence that he lied about what he knew about the case and tried to cover it up. Maybe at another school it would not have been so blatant, but for Penn State to hire him was either clueless, or more likely, we don't care. You would have thought Penn State would have been a little more circumspect about who they hired.

And I don't care how good a coach the dude is.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yeah, I saw this article earlier today and thought "how fcvked up is that?". Who leaves somebody in serious distress on a coach for 8+ hours to die a slow, painful death...while intermittently slapping and punching him in an effort to "help" him awaken? Those people up there are a different breed.
Fraternity brothers :dunno:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I loathe UGA with a passion, due to Lindsay Scott, but more so for them being a bunch of National Championship Cowards in the middle of WWII.

I loathe FSU for The Liver Spot quoting scripture for 30+ years as a cover for his thug factory, and Jimbo following the script verbatim.

That being said, I despise with a passion every damed pedophile on this Earth, and every single piece of scum that defend (or in the case of Muslims worship) them. **** PSU. **** Happy Valley. If that place got wiped out I wouldn't give a tinkers damn. Hopefully Paterno's ass hole is eternally red and raw getting reamed by Adolf, Saddam, Muammar, and Benito and the boys.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I still don't get adding Paterno's son to the BOT.

It's whacked.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...jay-paterno-elected-penn-state-board-trustees

Why? What's the point? Inside Happy Valley most of the cultists defend Paterno. Outside? Most think they are scum. This does nothing to help or heal the image of the university. If anything, it's a middle finger to critics on the outside. Tone deaf. Clueless.

No one is changing their minds at this point. So to a lot of people on the outside looking in? Terrible public relations.

Again, so why do it?

WHat a sad sad place. I hope it burns to the ground.
Really. They're still trying to resurrect the good old days of good old Joe instead of putting it behind them and divorcing themselves from the name and the stigma now associated with it. It's silliness and best and retarded (uh, er, I mean mentally challenged) at worst.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
His first order of business "where's my dads statue and when are we putting it back up" meeting adjourned.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
15505373-mmmain.jpg

They were clueless when they hired this dude as their head coach after what happened in the Jerry Sandusky affair. James Franklin's players at Vanderbilt, Brandon Vandenburg and Cory Batey, were sentenced to 17 years and 15 years in prison respectively for raping an unconscious woman in a dorm room. Their defense was we were so drunk we don't remember it. Really?

I am not saying that Franklin should never have worked again as a head coach even though there was evidence that he lied about what he knew about the case and tried to cover it up. Maybe at another school it would not have been so blatant, but for Penn State to hire him was either clueless, or more likely, we don't care. You would have thought Penn State would have been a little more circumspect about who they hired.

And I don't care how good a coach the dude is.
tread lightly, I think Ox is related to this guy the way he talks him up

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah, I saw this article earlier today and thought "how fcvked up is that?". Who leaves somebody in serious distress on a coach for 8+ hours to die a slow, painful death...while intermittently slapping and punching him in an effort to "help" him awaken? Those people up there are a different breed.

I remember when I was at UF some foolish frat boys tried to set fire to that lion that the guard, and being stupid they burned themselves. The frat boys guarding the lion delivered punishment prior to getting medical assistance. Frats are famous for making foolish mistakes such as these. It just got very far out of hand here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Their defense was we were so drunk we don't remember it. Really?
Look, I don't buy that with these guys. Didn't they snap photos on their iphones? But.....

I suspect I'm not the only one who, in my college years, woke up someplace after being drunk and didn't know what happened. Hell, I got in a Dickel (I don't know why) chugging contest once during the tailgate and didn't even make it INTO the game. I woke up in a sorority house, and I have NO CLUE what happened. I knew one of the girls. I hope it was good. They gave me a ride home so apparently I offended no one. If I had been accused of something, no doubt I'd have no defense.

Also, I'm glad we didn't have cell phones then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.