Perine, a 3 Star Phenom

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His cousin is the RB for OU that has been pretty good in his career. This kid has torn it up in Alabama 7A which means he has played well against good competition. I think he is going to play this year and add value. He is also been solid to the Gators since making his commitment even though Bama came calling later. Seems like he is a classy kid, with talent and a good work ethic.

Oh... and just because he made his own way to camp doesn't mean the staff has to give him an offer. You can't just show up at camp.. you still have to be invited or every HS player in the Southeast would "show up". He wouldn't have gotten invited if the staff didn't see value.
I'm not so sure it's as exclusive as you make it seem. Most of the big time recruits don't even work out. They just hang around and talk to coaches.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not so sure it's as exclusive as you make it seem. Most of the big time recruits don't even work out. They just hang around and talk to coaches.

Yeah, but you can't just show up... you still need to be accepted or invited or something. These aren't general admission.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Isn't Perine the guy who worked so he could buy a bus ticket to Gainesville so he could camp? At that camp he earned a scholarship?

If that is correct, you can give our staff credit for recognizing talent, but they likely wouldn't have been on him otherwise. Reminds me of Grossman's recruitment.

Not bashing the staff, but the kid deserves the credit for getting after it.
Lamical Perine.jpg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I've seen this posted on a Gator 'news' site (don't recall which one), and not heard of it being refuted as a fake feel good.

4108645.jpeg

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Dammit NCO...I was searching for a legible copy of the image and you beat me to the post.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Dammit NCO...I was searching for a legible copy of the image and you beat me to the post.
I had it because I posted it once already, and I did do a little research when I saw it the first time. I haven't found anything that says that any of this is refuted.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes, AR, we know that 1-2% of the three stars succeed and that 40% of the 5 stars fail. We've been through it about a million times.
Just wanted to be sure you knew. Figured you were afraid I would post it if you didn't. Thought for a moment you didn't even know that Ingram came in as a 3 star.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes, AR, we know that 1-2% of the three stars succeed and that 40% of the 5 stars fail. We've been through it about a million times.
Just wanted to be sure you knew. Figured you were afraid I would post it if you didn't. Thought for a moment you didn't even know that Ingram came in as a 3 star.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sure it's a given. One of the freshmen last year had a bad case of fumblitis. If that isn't fixed we could see Perine in the fall.
We also have 5* Thompson coming in at 230lb+ he's going to be heavily involved. Our RB situation looks great...if we can open some holes

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Lots of teams flourish made up of mostly 3 stars with a few 4 stars thrown in. That's usually a sign of good scouting and coaching. The reality is though you have to be able to get elite players to win it all, bottom line. There's not a NC that I ever remember that didn't have some 5 star talent at key positions.
Next year will IMO be the ultimate indicator of whether we truly have a Championship caliber coach. If he takes what we have coming back next year, with the class we have coming in this year and wins more than 9 games, then we have ourselves a pretty decent coach. If we drop down to 6 or 7 wins though be another coach away from being back on top.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We also have 5* Thompson coming in at 230lb+ he's going to be heavily involved. Our RB situation looks great...if we can open some holes

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I see what you did there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member